My impression on sorc PvP

Xargas

My impression sucks about this class :D From personal expirience and from watching some youtube videos, I noticed that when targeted by equal in gear almost any class, we are dead, unless we run out of combat, run away, using LOS and stuff, till the enemy is so bored with us, that they just give up and go onto another target. For a class that so squishy, it hits very low, healing in DPS spec is also low, most defensive perks can be found only by using abilitiy points. It's like they don't want people to play this class lol. Ok, I'm done, and going to another class, it was a fun ride, but I can't play like this. Thank you for reading.

Disagree. You don't realize how many utilities you have in this class. You have a god bubble, you have phase walk, you have hard stun, whirlwind, knockback, offheals, solid dps, cleanse, bubble, slows, etc. This is one of the best utility classes in the game with an extremely high ceiling in pvp.

Disagree. You don't realize how many utilities you have in this class. You have a god bubble, you have phase walk, you have hard stun, whirlwind, knockback, offheals, solid dps, cleanse, bubble, slows, etc. This is one of the best utility classes in the game with an extremely high ceiling in pvp.

It is true we have all of those things but you know who also has all of those a merc who ontop gets better dcd's are easier to play are tankier and get more kill preshure and tools like electro net while having more dcd's aswel.

are sorcs complete garbo tier no that whould only be juggernaut imo atm.

the main thing sorcs suffer from atm is them being called sorcs :p. No Realy you have 2specs in TK/ling and Madness/balance

TK/ling can be played and you can succeed especialy if you can avoid getting into 4 dps games and not get burned down ontop or near your phasewalk witch is not something you can control in heal,tank 2 dps games TK/ling are quite good becous of there burst and ability to create moments of intense prehshure that can lead to kills but in trade of they are after juggs the most easy to kill class in the game as without lifewarden bubble is verry verry mehhh yes you force one hard swap away from you but when you get out its mere seconds before you are dead again unless you are in a healer/tank game or your oponants do not swap back the shield of bubble is a joke at this point and utility's like corrupting barrier are so bad atm you often dont even gain more then one unatural preservation in terms of health

Madness/Balance on the other hand is The worst spec in the game without a doubt it is extremly easy to kill extremly easy to prevent it from doing its damadge ontop of being even squishier then TK/ling while having less dps as a sustained damadge spec and having no real burst to speak of add to that even worse mobility then ling and more force requiremnt to keep your dps up making runing out of force while ofhealing for the tiny amount we can a real posebility

then if you compare both specs to the other ranged classes ling can stand up to merc in dps but is nowhere close to it in terms of survivability while also having a higer execution demand to not just get deleted of the planet

also added we dont have a skill like electro net that can literly guarentee kills if used correctly witch is so underrated and in terms of ofhealing as i have played both sorcs seem only slightly better at it becous of our hot and maybe a bubble at the start of the round witch is not allot realy

then vs sniper its not even a comparison the only category sorcs win in vs them id say is mobility but then why whould they need mobility when you can sit still and not be stoped (yes i know operatives and sins **** you over but they are out of wack and ruin everyone)

they have good burst some of the if not the best sustained damadge

no ofhealing but some extremly powerfull defensive tools like the team barrier (the name eludes me sorry :/)

while having a bunch of tools to kite and make distance if they wish that are more numerous then those of sorc.

maybe TK/ling can outburst it but thats only if people give sorcs the chance and that in any form of ranked pvp does not happen atleast not from what i have seen. in just normal wzs TK/ling is fine it could use some buffs or remain as is and its fine.Madness/Balance on the other hand needs Help and ALLOT of it imo they are still weaker then juggernauts/guardians who them selves realy could use some love.

TLDR TK/ling fine in normal needs a bit of help in ranked.Madness needs help in both.Nerfing sins/shadow Op/scound should help allot aswell as those are completly destroying everything they get there hands on

• 2 weeks later...
My impression sucks about this class :D From personal expirience and from watching some youtube videos, I noticed that when targeted by equal in gear almost any class, we are dead, unless we run out of combat, run away, using LOS and stuff, till the enemy is so bored with us, that they just give up and go onto another target. For a class that so squishy, it hits very low, healing in DPS spec is also low, most defensive perks can be found only by using abilitiy points. It's like they don't want people to play this class lol. Ok, I'm done, and going to another class, it was a fun ride, but I can't play like this. Thank you for reading.

You realize that others are playing this class and having fun/success with it? Even as Madness in PvP! You can find videos and guides online ...

• 1 month later...

Best way to play sorc is to stop caring.

No, really. Stop caring about how you stack up compared to other classes. Ignore it. Pretend it doesn't even exist.

If you pay attention to that, you're going to have a bad time, because most of the time, it won't be flattering. You'll work twice as hard to do what mercs faceroll. You'll die when sneezed at twice after your 'god bubble' evaporates. You'll be allowed to freecast in pvp while warriors and mercs kill everyone important before they three-shot you because you're going to be pretty ignorable, unless you're throwing single target heals.

ST healing will be your only moment to shine. You will be out-shone by mercs in this.

Your DPS will be forgettable. You'll be just fine in pve, but your role in pvp will be to tell the people playing a real class how many people just rolled you at your objective point. You can always stand around objective points and be an ST healer until the people playing real classes get tired of you thinking you're a real healer, sneeze once and force you to bubble, then sneeze again when your bubble drops and kill you.

Stop. Caring.

The more you care, the more you'll ask pointless questions that won't be answered. You won't have any fun. You'll be annoyed all the time, every time you think about it.

Just as soon as you stop caring about any and all of this, you'll be in a good place, and then you'll get to hear crappy players accuse you of being OP because you've got force speed and never want to reach through the internet and pour six gallons of beer into their PC case again.

• 4 weeks later...
It absolutely boggles my mind the way sorcerer as a class is handled by both the community and the devs. Sorc was op in 3.0 and then they banished it to hell for all eternity and that's where it is today. That was 5 years ago and at this point in time sorcerer is completely worthless as a class and honestly may as well just be removed from the game. All discussion around sorc has the same theme of "it isn't that bad" and "any class can work with the right player" and just more pathetic copes for how utterly terrible this class is. Sorc might be good if it was the only class in the game but it has to compete with 21 other specs all of which outperform sorc by far. It's ok to say that sorc is bad because it is and the devs need to buff it for it to even be viable again. The devs must know how bad this class is yet they do nothing to fix it. Madness is the worst spec in the game and has absolutely nothing that any number of other specs can do better. Lightning is the better of the two but it's still probably one of the worst specs in the game. Sorcerer dps is a glass cannon that doesn't do any damage. It exists pretty much to get one-shot by actual dps classes. Honestly sorcerer healing isn't that good either compared to the other healing specs in the game. Corruption is in a much better position than the dps specs for sorcerer but that's only really because there are only 3 healing specs in the game and corruption is probably the worst out of those 3. Sorc healing will always get the job done for pve but in pvp other healers just have more potential. All sorcerer specs have pretty much no way of really countering any of the other classes (all of which one-shot sorc) besides running away and then not being able to stop them from doing anything. You can't win any game of pvp by just running away. Overall I don't really understand why they don't just remove sorc from the game at this point because it's been so long since they nerfed them to hell and things don't look like they'll ever get better. The community seriously needs to speak up about the awful balancing of sorcerers. Either that or give them a complete rework as a full support class or just flat out remove them from the game since right now sorcerer might as well not exist as a class.

Lightning parses competitively, so idk what you're talking about. Ever since we lost bubble to full, ppl have whined. Sorc has so many tools available to them to aid them in a variety of encounters.

Madness might parse lower, but it's parsing very closely to other specs, and ppl are sleeping on it hard right now. Slow Mercy might be the best cleave/aoe tactical in the game. Sorc is highly customizable, and can be specced to take a lot of damage. 30m range on most attacks helps.

If you're dying in one hit, you're either lying or not playing right. Very misleading.

Edited by TitusOfTides

Lightning parses competitively, so idk what you're talking about. Ever since we lost bubble to full, ppl have whined. Sorc has so many tools available to them to aid them in a variety of encounters.

Madness might parse lower, but it's parsing very closely to other specs, and ppl are sleeping on it hard right now. Slow Mercy might be the best cleave/aoe tactical in the game. Sorc is highly customizable, and can be specced to take a lot of damage. 30m range on most attacks helps.

If you're dying in one hit, you're either lying or not playing right. Very misleading.

These might be valid arguments if sorcerer existed in a bubble and the game was measured just by numbers. That sorcerers have utility goes without saying but compared to other classes their utility is negligible at best. Merc for example has alot of the same utilities except merc's are just better. They have a better bubble, more suitability, a better knock back, better slows, hydraulic overrides, and plenty other abilities and talents that can be used in a myriad of ways in pvp. Jugg has a more intense pushback, way better survivability (which is obvious as they are primarily a tanking class but they do ROFL damage to sorc). I personally don't think assassin as as op as most people say since they have very low suitability and can be easily countered but against a sorc they literally one-hit you even with all your damage reduction talents and bubble up. PT vs sorc match up is pretty similar to jugg vs sorc match up since PT can kill a sorc in a matter of seconds just by spamming magnetic blast and also being virtually unkillable. I'll save the time it would take to describe a match up of a sorc against literally any other class in the game since it's obvious sorc gets absolutely BTFO by every single spec in the game. Even on your best day sorc has to work incredibly hard to win a 1v1 against any other class if it isn't outright impossible (which it usually is) and 1v1s are hardly what pvp is all about. When you say lightning and madness aren't that bad in terms of raw numbers it means nothing since I can go into any pvp match and score top damage as madness (worst spec in the entire game) because they do plenty of worthless incremental DoTs to multiple people at once but try killing a single person who isn't another sorcerer and you'll find that it isn't as easy as the numbers would suggest. Lightning is in a pretty similar state where on paper it seems to preform well but when you're actually playing the game it's evident that even when you're fully geared and maximizing your rotation and everything is going perfectly you still won't be able to actually kill a single person. Other classes get things like lots of armor penetration and procs that allow them to do lots of burst and things but those are all incredibly weak for sorcerer. Sorcerer should be like assassin where they deal crazy damage but get one shot except right now they get one shot and can't do hardly any damage. You talk about survivability and sure they have a few options but once again 60% damage reduction and the bubble and self heals and all of it looks great on paper but doesn't do **** when you're in an actual fight. This is also terrible talent design since the survivability provided by these talents (even though it isn't that good and should just be passives built into the class) locks players into choosing them or nothing else. Unnatural preservation is absolutely terrible without the talent that buffs it. I would love for somebody to prove me wrong on this but I just don't see the possibility for this class to preform nearly as well as literally any other spec in the entire game. It seems evident that nobody on the balancing team actually plays sorcerer.

• 2 weeks later...

"Class i hiting very low". I laughed when i read it. Lighting sorc is one of the best dps classes this x-pac. Both pvp and pve. Decent lighting sorcs are doing 10 k + dps in warzones on regular basis with ease.

They are also surprisingly durable because of the passive damage reduction. You have a lot of tools to kite effectively (with gathering storm set especially).

Pve-wise, cleared dxun hard mode almost two months ago with lighting sorc, who was always 1-2 on dps charts. Damage-wise class is more than viable.

You said: "we are dead, unless we run out of combat, run away, using LOS and stuff, till the enemy is so bored with us, that they just give up and go onto another target." Well this is what are u supposed to do on RANGED class, especially light armored ranged class. Keep distance and kite enemies. If you expect to facetank marauders/powertechs/juggs and survive then the problem is you, not the class.

Madness while not as good as lighting remains perfectly viable in regs.

Healingwise i agree sorcs are not in the best spot and they deserve a buff.

Edited by LordMakis

• 2 weeks later...

curious

whats the whirlwind equivalent for a sage? force lift?

also that god bubble

ive tried to use it on a sage i recently made-- and it disappears after a few hits (~2sec) and then im tunnled to death.

Ive fought lots of socrs that are semmingly god level tanks while doing insane daamage

IE some prc thing hits me thru walls for like 20k a pop where lighning fall vertically on me 5 times. I think thats the tactical that procs with turbulence? ( dunno the sorc name)

Obviously im doing something wrong.

any tips?

thanks