Chat bug?

oveyonkanobie

I play on Jung Ma, and /say chat is not working in warzones. Until the last time I played, it was working, but now it isn't. Differences between now and then (to help isolate the issue) are:

1. I was F2P back then, am subscribed now (shouldn't make a difference, but still mentioning it anyway)

2. I was playing Regular Warzones then, and am playing Ranked now, still haven't played any Regs to see if the issue is there or not.

3. The last time it was working was before the hotifx patch I think.

Here's hoping for a quick fix.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play on Jung Ma, and /say chat is not working in warzones. Until the last time I played, it was working, but now it isn't. Differences between now and then (to help isolate the issue) are:

1. I was F2P back then, am subscribed now (shouldn't make a difference, but still mentioning it anyway)

2. I was playing Regular Warzones then, and am playing Ranked now, still haven't played any Regs to see if the issue is there or not.

3. The last time it was working was before the hotifx patch I think.

Here's hoping for a quick fix.

Let me just alleviate your burden a bit

1. It's highly unlikely your switch from F2P to Sub is the cause, as there are other players and servers affected as well. It would be a _really_ strange bug if your change did it.

2. This is more likely, but again, as others have experienced it outside of WZs, not propable. If it is related to Warzones it most likely is linked to the start of season 2 (but again, I don't think it is, see 3 for the reason)

3. I noticed it first after Update 2.7.1 with that hotfix imho not improving any of it, but it's been reported on Monday before that update on Ebon Hawk.

And now to slightly crush your hopes :)

So far we haven't heard anything from the devs since that supposed fix on Thursday (which at the very least didn't fix it completely). This might be due to the weekend, but it's better to prepare for some wait, as hard as that is. *sigh*

Are there any news on this community crippling bug?

Seriously, there are now enough threads and information around in several forums to replicate the bug. I find it very hard to believe that it cannot be fixed. Can we get any kind of reply please?

Are there any news on this community crippling bug?

Seriously, there are now enough threads and information around in several forums to replicate the bug. I find it very hard to believe that it cannot be fixed. Can we get any kind of reply please?

Please please please fix this! It is difficult to be on a roleplay server and have this bug CONSTANTLY creating difficulties! When a number of people (experience indicates it does not matter what faction) get together, /say does not function! Sometimes others can see a player's /say while he/she cannot, sometimes no one can. Please fix!!!

Bug still exists. Could we get any kind of word on it? It's game crippling for roleplayers. Half the time I can't see my own chat but people on the opposite faction that I know outside of game insist they can see it. Not even acknowledging that you're aware it is still a problem is at this point starting to feel rather insulting.

The bug is still not gone. If anything, I only started seeing the bug after this hotfix. Please fix it Bioware. I feel like an ******e if I don't end a victorious Ranked match with a "GG", and likewise feel like a sore loser if I don't end defeats with that too.

It would be much appreciated if there was any kind of announcement regarding this issue.

Ideally, we'd like to see a probable ETA for a fix. Needless to say, the inability to communicate forces a number of players to simply opt for other games, since there's not much point in playing a multiplayer in which you're forced to play alone due to a bug with the game's chat.

For a company that is running a game dependant on communication, the fact that this seems to be a zero priority fix is mind boggling. Myself, I -refuse- to make any more CM Coin purchases until this is dealt with, if they don't want me to be able to chat, apparently they don't want my money either.

[Repost for urgency and bumping.]

Sooo, apparently it's still not a high enough priority to find the cause of this and get it fixed right away. Instead technically unpublished material on the PTS seems to be on their mind much more.

I know different people do different stuff, but seriously, guys: Are we paying for the content in game right now (and that includes in very big parts the social interaction) or for content that's coming some time in the future?

Get it fixed, jeez.

Adding my voice to this. Progenitor also has this issue.

Any time a player of another faction enters /say range, there's a high chance some people's /say won't appear. I can confirm this affecting Imperial characters when Republic characters enter the range.

Would be really nice if we could hear something about this; it's making social play really frustrating.

This is still an ongoing issue, and is beginning to lead our roleplay community to atrophy- after 3 weeks of not being able to use basic cross faction chat!!! Nearly a month of broken basic chat systems!

We on Begeren Colony have held cross-faction social roleplay events twice a week, for nearly TWO YEARS, and this single bug has brought all of our events to a standstill. Our work-around has been forum chatrooms and simply NOT PLAYING THE GAME.

These are loyal paying customers who play to be social and creative and whose primary reason for logging in is now borked.

PLEASE FIX THE CROSS FACTION CHAT ISSUES!

When you lose the ability to communicate, you lose communities, and community builders.

Then you lose trust.

Then you lose paying customers.

Still an ongoing issue.

It happens most frequently on Nar Shaddaa, but also happens any place both factions are able to be in at the same time.

It manifests a few different ways:

1) You can't see what you've typed, but the other faction can see what you type.

2) You can see what you type, but the other faction can't (/s only, we all know /e doesn't work cross faction).

3) You can't see what you've typed and neither can anyone else (on your faction or the opposite faction).

Occasionally, it will work once or twice, then stop, or will work for only short lines of text (as in one line, if it were to wrap to a second, it will fail). It never works consistently, however.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how it fails to work or why. Amount of people in the instance doesn't seem to matter either.

Edit: It only happens when someone from the opposite faction is within /s distance. If they leave, and it's a "single faction" area again, chat begins functioning normally. Tested this out with a few people this evening on Ebon Hawk. The chat problems cleared up as soon as there wasn't faction mixing going on.

I'm on the Ebon Hawk server but, based on the comments in the thread, it's still happening on all servers.

Any ETA on a fix would be nice or, failing that, just acknowledgement from someone that they're aware it's still a problem and are looking into it.

The hotfix didn't seem to actually fix anything.

Edited by Calleo
Additional information.

Some kind of update would be wonderful. While I PVP and PVE quite a bit, the fact that my in-game roleplay has been utterly destroyed has made me not want to log in at all. So I haven't.

Just a "We're working on it" message again would be great. Or a "Oh, this isn't a bug, we meant to do it," or something. Anything.