Proton Torpedo question

MiggidyMack

I've been gone a while, so I've got a question. It used to be that having proton torpedoes equipped made it impossible to defeat one of the level 50 missions. I forget the name, it's the one where you have to blow out the shield generators on the super star destroyer.

I tried it last night, and it looked to still be unwinnable with proton torpedo's equipped. Is that still the case or am I missing something that was implemented in my absence? I know it's silly, I just hate equipping it and unequipping it.

Been beating that mission since I had access to it. Maybe you have a bug or something. Make sure you target the generators only and not accidentally launch at the command center on the ship, that'll make it unwinable due to only having 4 torpedoes.

You can complete it but will have to destroy each of the 4 shields generators with your 4 torpedoes. It means that you can't destroy the ships bridge , more great planning from failware! Edited by Simbr

I've been gone a while, so I've got a question. It used to be that having proton torpedoes equipped made it impossible to defeat one of the level 50 missions. I forget the name, it's the one where you have to blow out the shield generators on the super star destroyer.

I tried it last night, and it looked to still be unwinnable with proton torpedo's equipped. Is that still the case or am I missing something that was implemented in my absence? I know it's silly, I just hate equipping it and unequipping it.

It makes the mission harder, but not impossible. I used to do it once per day, before i got bored with it.

You can complete it but will have to destroy each of the 4 shields generators with your 4 torpedoes. It means that you can't destroy the ships bridge , more great planning from failware!
You can also launch a proton torpedo, then fire a raw of regular missiles on another shield generator during the reloading time. Edited by Altheran

You can complete it but will have to destroy each of the 4 shields generators with your 4 torpedoes. It means that you can't destroy the ships bridge , more great planning from failware!

Use torpedos on the bridge, then three of the shield generators. Use missiles on the remaining generator. Use your EMP burst on your first pass to heavily damage the turrets and destroy any you've already damaged.

It's possible to blow the bridge with enough missiles, too, but there's no reason to with a torpedo launcher.

Edited by Felioats

Why was it unbeatable? Torpedoes do a 1 hit kill. Do you know how to use them? You dont need to blow the bridge but either way you can still take out a generator with 3-4 regular missles.

Edited by MasterKayote