Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GrandLordMenace
07.16.2015 , 02:52 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Sure, it's less than optimal to not have saber throw usable in your general rotation. But you can easily do current sm ops without it, and if you're doing hard modes, you'll want have 6piece before you start anyways. Yes it would be nice to have it baseline, but it really isn't all that necessary. DPS juggs are doing fine now, wouldn't want the set bonus to make us too powerful, because then the nerfhammer will soon follow.
Uhm... We're the most immobile DPS spec in the game, and still barely above the average in damage. We could use more damage.
Also, yolo and group ranked show that the Juggernaut class in general has deficiencies especially in regards to lack of a rootbreak, and single target damage. We have perfectly adequate single target pressure, but with the resolve changes and troll HTL, yeah...
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

royhenderson
07.16.2015 , 03:00 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
Uhm... We're the most immobile DPS spec in the game, and still barely above the average in damage. We could use more damage.
Also, yolo and group ranked show that the Juggernaut class in general has deficiencies especially in regards to lack of a rootbreak, and single target damage. We have perfectly adequate single target pressure, but with the resolve changes and troll HTL, yeah...
I tried in one of our alt runs to run the barrels the entire time in bulo hm. Granted the debuff slows you down but this is not a problem with my vanguard whose movement speeds are awesome. All guardian has is leap and you cant leap to a friendly target bc conal in bulo will hit them.

Just a great example. Guardians do not have much movement if any

Edit: Speccing into enure movement buff is pointless. Enure is on a 45 second cooldown and its cooldown cannot be reduced unlike hold the line. So we need to wait 45 seconds to use a buff that is mediocre at best.

GrandLordMenace
07.16.2015 , 03:52 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by royhenderson View Post
I tried in one of our alt runs to run the barrels the entire time in bulo hm. Granted the debuff slows you down but this is not a problem with my vanguard whose movement speeds are awesome. All guardian has is leap and you cant leap to a friendly target bc conal in bulo will hit them.

Just a great example. Guardians do not have much movement if any

Edit: Speccing into enure movement buff is pointless. Enure is on a 45 second cooldown and its cooldown cannot be reduced unlike hold the line. So we need to wait 45 seconds to use a buff that is mediocre at best.
We have unstoppable. The rootbreak on Enure has a longer duration than HTL, and the main necessity is for it to break roots. Unstoppable when properly used prevents new ones from being applied.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

Anton_RUS
07.16.2015 , 04:29 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
A slow for what? We already get an aoe slow, and you get a utility that lets saber throw root. It doesn't need a passive slow tied to ST.
Slow effect for PvP, man

Alec_Fortescue
07.16.2015 , 04:58 PM | #65
Distinguish between PvE and PvP set bonuses once again.

Idk if it should be made talent or part of a set bonus but it would be good for the taunts damage reduction to also apply to the dps juggernaut.

Raansu
07.16.2015 , 05:37 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Anton_RUS View Post
Slow effect for PvP, man
My point was we dont need it. Already have an aoe slow. Can spec to make it free, can spec to add a slow to leap, can spec to make ST root. Don't really need ST to have a baseline slow and it would be a little ridiculous given the other tools you can get.

lordcrimmeh
07.20.2015 , 02:13 AM | #67
100% agree on making 0m Saber Throw baseline, not only for Vigilance/Vengeance but for tank spec as well. It is too important for resource generation and filling out the rotation for it not to be baseline.

For set bonuses to be compelling, straight damage increases are fine, but to make them interesting, I would like to see some quality of life changes to make the specs more mobile, like shorter cooldown and increased damage to stasis/choke, or some incorporation of them into the rotation. Right now they feel like sparsely used abilities that, while integral to the class "feel", are not really all that good except for CCing uninterruptable mobs and token damage when sitting outside melee range. Perhaps have them proc above 30% dispatch or reset the cooldown on saber throw?

Luckygunslinger
07.20.2015 , 04:09 AM | #68
Tank has no issues with resource so it isn't needed for Tank Spec but agreed none the less that at least in Rage and Vengeance it should be baseline.

Artorias
5/5 HM Rav - Revanchist - HM ToS 5/5
Rage - Immortal - Guides - Defense - Focus

AdjeYo
07.20.2015 , 04:16 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckygunslinger View Post
Tank has no issues with resource so it isn't needed for Tank Spec but agreed none the less that at least in Rage and Vengeance it should be baseline.
I have to agree here tankspec juggernauts get plenty of rage, since 3.0 I don't even open with saber throw anymore, rage generation isn't an issue in immortal spec.

xAZUREx
07.20.2015 , 07:07 AM | #70
2: Accuracy X%
4: Strength X%
6: Critical X%

Like the old skill trees could let you do.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH