Bodyguard Mercenary/Combat Medic Commando Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Bodyguard Mercenaries/Medic Commandos.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase HPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)

• 2-Piece: Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Combat Medic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Rapid Scan or Medical Probe to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
  • 4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Healing Scan or Advanced Medical Probe by 1.5 seconds.

Cheers, all!

The SWTOR Combat Team

How about you balance the *********** game first? :confused:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Personally, I find the 6-piece bonus very lackluster

Suggestion: Make kolto missile work like lacerate for Hatred but for kolto shell. It will apply 2 stacks (i think 1 is too low as kolto shell is already the weakest "HoT" when compared to the actual HoT of op probes or the damage stop of sorc bubble) of kolto shell to all targets as long as it hits 1 target with kolto shell active

this would allow us to more easily sustain kolto shell which is difficult to reapply mid fight in ranked arenas due to not having any extra GCDs with all our cast times and the heat cost of shell

• 9 months later...

I have played combat medic for years, and am well thought of. I would like to see changes to the energy pool, as resource starvation is frustrating. I would like to see alacrity work better on energy regain for healers in particular. I know this post is for tactical items and set bonus ideas, but I am going to take this opportunity to make some suggestions too. Firstly I would like to flag the whole timer thing with supercharge cell, I think it would work a lot better if activating supercharge cell grants 6 charges instead of a timer. This way we can mix up the healing rotation with an AoE when it comes off cool down, and in addition getting stunned would not ruin our main single target healing buff. Med shot would be better if crits gave 2 stacks of supercharge, for fast stacks building. Finally reduce the healing cost of all heals please, you can max out your energy pool in seconds under current conditions.

So here are my tactical items suggestions:

Kolto bomb continues to heal when team members leave the area.

Kolto bomb heals for x more

Diversion absorbs x single target damage, this should be across the commando adv class as standard.

Trauma probe heals for more.

Trauma probe has double the charges (12), and lasts 4 minutes.

Bacta infusion grants 25% energy when used with supercharged cell or 10s after activating supercharge cell

Field aid has 2 charges

field aid removes all removable debuffs

Recharge cells restore 100% energy, (we are energy starved)

Successive treatment now heals 8 people an applies an armor buff to all.

Med shot causes trauma probe to activate consuming 1 charge every time medshot is applied to the target, regardless of if the target is taking damage, (pairing them would in this way would make this filler so much more important.

Medshot heals for 100% more. Crits with med shot generate 2 stacks of supercharge cell.

2 charges to reserve powercell.

• 7 months later...

How about

Tech Medic

2 - +2 % Alacrity

4 - Jet Boost and Chaff heals allies around you for y.

6 - Kolto Shell now has 14 charges and heals for x +15 % and Onboard AED is instant cast with 4 minutes cooldown.

Edited by KWONRYU

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...