While You Were Out...

Karameck

*Warning Spoilers are likely to be found in this thread, proceed at your own risk!*

So obviously starting at SOR only one of your characters can be the Outlander. I have seen, and even participated in, many conversations about who makes the best Outlander, and what that looks like.

However, I'd like to posit a different question today, if Class "X" is your outlander, what do you imagine all of your other classes doing while the Outlander is out doing their thing?

For example, if Jedi Knight is off running KOTFE/KOTET, what so you picture your Smuggler doing during that time? Are they fighting Zakuul? Are they keeping a low profile? Did they run off to Wild Space to escape it all? Maybe even join the Alliance themselves? What about their companions? Did they come with you?

Some of the companions return as part of the Main story, but others only return if your class is the Outlander, or not at all, so what have they been doing during that time? For the ones that did return, did they do so at the urging of the class character, or did they go rouge?

Just some food for thought, I'd love to hear some of y'alls ideas on what a non-Outlander might be up to.

Where did you get that idea. All 6 or 7 of my main characters are the "Outlander". (I have 19 characters but only 6 or 7 have been through the whole game.)
From a story standpoint only 1 person can be the outlander. I’m not referring to what the game will allow you to play through, but what could actually happen in a big picture view.

I just imagine the other potential "Outlanders" are dead.
Well that’s depressing. Lol

My "headcanon-canon" ( :D ) Outlander is my Imperial agent. As for my other "headcanon-canon" characters...

My JK probably went hiding after the jedi order scattered. He'd still try to help people around him, but also keep a low profile in hopes of not drawing any zakuulan attention. He'd hope for news that the jedi are back and ready to fight, but isn't the type of person to start organizing anything like that himself.

I'm not a 100% sure which of my consulars I should use as my "canon" Barsen'thor, but from the two strongest candidates: one would support Republic military and Saresh to the end, the other would try to head to the Chiss Ascendancy after the jedi order falls (she'd be worried about Saresh's dictatorship, and her own position in the Republic, since chiss are considered Imperial allies).

My smuggler would keep smuggling stuff. :D There's profit to be made of this war! Though since my imperial agent would never agree to become Alliance Commander (public speaking is not her thing at all, not as herself), I actually headcanon it as my smuggler getting hired to be the face of the Alliance, while my agent is actually making all the decisions. :p

My trooper would stay with the Republic. Probably even after Saresh, and after Havoc leaves -- he's too attached both to the Republic, and to his wife, Elara. He wouldn't like Saresh, or the fact that he's not allowed to fight Zakuul, but he'd follow orders (as long as they're not too evil).

I have too much headcanon for my SW, but long story short: she falls into deep depression after Marr's death, due to her strong need to believe in her leaders, and Marr being the only one she had left. Her father brings her to a secret facility of his to recover, which takes long enough that Zakuul pretty much has the galaxy conquered by the time she's in good enough condition to fight. Once Alliance shows that you can still resist Zakuul, she returns to the Empire, as Empire's Wrath, to inspire people to join Alliance's rebellion against Zakuul.

My SI likely got her power base destroyed in an attempt to seize political power after Marr's death while also fighting Zakuul, and had to retreat into hiding. She's quietly building a new power base to become the next Sith Empress. She respected Marr enough to not plot his doom, but Acina is a different thing altogether. :p

My BH has always been a mandalorian by heart, so I guess she would have stuck with them.

I also have a couple of more alts I could mention buuuuut let's stop here before I get carried away. :D

Of my 8 mains, my JK is my Outlander.

- SW helped Lana search for my JK and helped for the creation of the Alliance. She also participated in the rescue mission by posing as a Knight of Zakuul for quite some time after Lana and Theron found out where my JK was.

- Trooper, i imagined got caught during a battle against Zakuul and ended up in a prisonner camp where she was later found by the Alliance alongside my BH who was in a fairly similar situation.

They then started a revolt with other war prisonners and thanks to intel from Jonas after Jorgan joined the Alliance, but before Torian did, the Alliance went there to help them and they then both joined.

- IA not so sure. Either she went back to Chiss space, or she worked with Theron as she joined the SIS at the end of her class story.

- SI, right now, i imagine he went off with Scourge and Kira to try find Vitiate's original body to find a way to destroy it (probably taking his whole crew with him as none of them appear in the main storyline). Obviously, this may change depending on what happens when Scourge and Kira come back.

- Smuggler and JC, i honnestly have no idea. I guess my smuggler continued minding his own buiness, maybe he joined the Alliance thanks to Hylo. But what would my JC do is a mystery... Maybe he took a hit on his head and ended up amnesiac or went back on his homeworld to protect his people, IDK.

Or they died.

From a story standpoint only 1 person can be the outlander. I’m not referring to what the game will allow you to play through, but what could actually happen in a big picture view.

That's sort of true, but, even while your "one" outlander is playing, there are several thousand other "the" outlanders online at the same time, so it's not worth worrying about. :)

I only play one character at a time, so there is only one outlander in play (for me) at a time.

well the way I see it..

My main outlander is 3 peoples (Jedi consular , Sith warrior and Sorc) . So of all 3...let's pick the naive one who can tolerate Kotfe and Kotet...and that would be my poor Broccolee Jedi consular .

So what the others are doing ? They are around a poker table watching her go trough both Kotfe and Kotet , saying stuff like ''Remember its a success! Hang in there !!! its FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!! ''

Its...alot of fun to watch , how the other outlander help the one stuck in that nightmare , bring tears to the eye . :D

That's an interesting question!

It's easiest to imagine the rest of my characters died along the way and my "main" became the Outlander.

Except for the Bounty Hunter for whom business was booming during the war against Zakuul.

She wouldn't care overmuch if her companions went off to do their own thing during the war.

Hmm...

Main Outlander is my DS5 Jedi Knight.

JC is likely roasting marshmallows with the rest of their kind.

Smuggler made enough money smuggling and war profiteering, that she's retired and living it up with Corso.

Trooper believed to be dead by her lot, probably human trafficked by the Hutts instead.

Bounty Hunters are living on a beach with their SO.

Agents are likely selling secrets to the highest bidder from the shadows.

Sith Warrior is working with Quinn for the betterment of the Empire with help from the Imperial sympathetic Alliance belonging to my JK.

Sith Inquisitor likely pulled a 'Jadus' and is watching and working strings from behind the scenes, more than likely shacked up with Vowrawn lol.

Edited by Lunafox

Here is the way I view my characters:

Jedi Consular: He remains loyal to the Jedi and the order, but lost contact with most of them when the war with Zakuul sent the Jedi underground. Still motivated to help and continue serving the galaxy the Jedi ends up joining the Alliance through Theron Shan and works to help the galaxy heal and rebuild.

Jedi Knight: The Jedi Knight’s mission was to defeat the Emperor at all costs. After learning he still persisted after his physical form was destroyed, the Knight resumes his mission. Initially he kept his crew intact, but as he slowly spiraled into desperation and frustration at his lack of progress he began pushing them away one by one, until only Scourge remained. For several years the Knight and Scourge chased clues all across the galaxy even partnering with Theron Shan to pursue leads, but to no avail.

When the Warrior enters the picture as the Outlander the Knight is enraged and doubts her motives. A rift forms between him and Scourge as he questions Scourge’s vision, and his natural prejudice against Sith resurfaces. He also stops working with Theron after failing to convince him that trusting the Warrior is a mistake. The Knight sets off on his own to take down the emperor, and when the time comes, the Warrior as well.

Trooper: After the war with Zakuul starts Havoc Squad begins running operations all over the galaxy trying to push back. She goes MIA during a mission and her crew is forced to fall back after being overwhelmed by skytroopers.

She was taken as a prisoner of war, but was eventually discovered and freed by the Alliance. Her first instinct is to return to the Republic, and Aric Jorgan specifically, but she quickly learns Havoc has gone rouge and has no way of contacting them. She then decides to team up with the Alliance where she is eventually reunited with Aric and they both become major assists to the cause.

Smuggler: After being convinced to join the Republic’s cause, she finds herself struggling for a sense of direction once full out war start. Already harboring reservations about working for the government she begins to pull back from any official business and sticks to doing contract work and supply runs for profit but does not return to any of the more illicit activities she engaged in prior to working for the Republic.

As the war continues and the destruction reaches devastating levels her conscious begins to get the better of her again, and at the urging of Corso, they start doing work to aid the Republic forces and civilians (transporting weapons, kolto, etc…) although she does retain autonomy from the Republic and eventually begins working loosely with the Alliance as a contact of Hylo Viz.

Sith Inquisitor: He has climbed to high, and suffered too much, to return to being a grunt again. While chaos reigns in the Empire he seizes the moment to safely escape into Wild Space where he can amass power, discover dark secrets, and eventually return to challenge Acina and become the new Sith Emperor.

Sith Warrior: I picture my Sith Warrior as the Outlander.

Bounty Hunter: When war breaks out Torian is ready, and the Hunter is ready to fight as his side. She stays loyal to Torian and continues to grow and learn as a Mandalorian in the heat of battle. When Torian joins the Alliance she follows him, but maintains reservations. She is ultimately loyal to Torian above the Alliance, although she agrees with the cause.

Imperial Agent: He had intended to swear off both the Empire and Republic for good, but at the urging of Lana (who he had maintained contact with since she reformed Imperial Intelligence) he felt unable to stay completely removed from the fray after War broke out. This was bigger than the failings of governments, the galaxy was at stake. This decision to play “goody, goody” caused a rift between him and Kaylio, and eventually as part of his work he went completely dark and lost all contact with his previous crew.

He joins the Alliance and continues to work for Lana, but discretely, and without letting Kaliyo or any of his former companions know.

I hope to respond to some of the other posts here soon, Thoughts have been scattered lately. Lol

Edited by Karameck

Sith Inquisitor:My main outlander, my other 2 Inquisitors are his children and my 4th one used to be my main until I decided to re-roll as a Sith Assassin so canonically speaking they are the same character with the exception of my Sorcerer remaining with Ashara as somehow his Ziost romanced bugged so I had decided not to romance Lana during KOTFE.

Bounty Hunter: She likely was captured during the war and this would explain why her companions were scattered, managing to escape she would likely be on the Alliance's payroll as Shae allied with them.

Imperial Agent: I headcanon my IA went back to the Chiss Ascendancy in secret and served there, preparing themselves for Zakuul and such. After Seganu allies with the Alliance he willingly leaves the Ascendancy in order to serve the Alliance, believing it to be in a better position to enforce order upon the galaxy than the Empire and possibly Jadus himself. If Jadus ever comes back maybe I'll turn him into a triple-agent since he was the Hand of Jadus, or not, I don't know.

Sith Warrior: She was killed in secret by my SI as she believed he was essentially Vitiate Jr and had been a constant thorn on his side, using her influence to mess with his plans so as to not allow him to have what he wanted if she thought it would harm the Empire and the galaxy.

My Sith Warrior is my Outlander. She is the only one of my characters to fully complete both 'Knights' expansions and is the only one to gain the Alliance Commander achievement and title for my Legacy.

My other characters (who are her sisters, adopted sisters) and who are midway through the 'Knights' expansions also wear the Alliance Commander title, but because they are subordinate in rank to her, they take on the leadership role when my Sith Warrior is called away on a mission or is on leave with her husband Quinn and young family.

The rest of the extended family (Legacy) have not begun the 'Knights' expansions but the non-force users, and all crews wear Alliance uniforms to show their allegiance to the Alliance which is commanded by my Legacy.

Sine I crossed the floor to PvP from PvE it doesn't matter much anyways...

However I've only done the whole KOTxx story once through to the very end, I've just skipped the other characters beyond this to Ossus.

Which means that for all the rest, my Main is/was the outlander/commander and the others had a break, coupled with a bout of amnesia, and TBH have no idea who some of these people are.

Lana Beniko: "Commander. there's something very important with blah....blah.....Zakuul...blah....Empire and Republic and blah.....Theron Shan...Odessen...blah....blah...Iokath....Blah....."

All my other characters: "I don't know you from Adam, madam. who the **** are you exactly? -And why should I care?"

Lana Beniko: "Shiny things on Ossus."

All my other characters: "Okay....Don't remember any of this.....But.....Off to Ossus.....See ya! Bye!"

:rak_03:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

First off, this is an awesome thread. I love reading about other people's headcanons with their characters, so of course I'm having a field day with all of this. I've only played through the Consular fully on the Pub side, but I've gone through all Imperial classes. Despite this, I do have a clear idea as to where I want my Pub characters to go.

Sith Warrior: My warrior is my main, both gameplay wise and story wise. I have written literal stories about her, and will continue to do so until I get bored with it. Naturally, she's the Outlander in my universe. She always had been very light-leaning, so when she was released from carbonite and found out about the havoc the twin Zakuulans were wreaking, she felt morally obligated to essentially save the galaxy. She also had hoped that forming the Alliance would allow her to work on her own terms, as in my universe she's had a long history of being controlled by others around her, but she was quite disappointed to find out that even at the top you have expectations. She still dutifully carried out the Alliance's missions, though.

Sith Inquisitor: My Inquisitor has always been more concerned about himself than any other entity; his allegiance to the Empire is shaky, only formed out of necessity and mutual gain, not any misguided patriotism for the institution that enslaved him. Before KotFE, he and my Sith Warrior worked together on a few occasions, and could be loosely considered friends. When both the Empire and Republic were weakened by the Eternal Empire, he seized the opportunity to gain more influence (and power). When the Alliance was formed, he remained with the Empire, but he saw the benefit of helping the Alliance and getting in good with the Commander, even though they were already on decent terms.

Bounty Hunter: Oh boy! My Bounty Hunter gives my Warrior a run for her money as far as being a main goes. They're twin sisters who have some intricate history together since their childhood on Dromund Kaas. My BH and SW were always very close, and when my BH found out her sister was lost, she worked to try to find her, but never really did. Flash forward to when the Alliance was created and publicized; she was one of the first people to join and help her sister. She romanced Torian, so come KotET,

when my Outlander chose to save Vette, my BH essentially disowned my SW.

I plan on having them reconcile down the road, though. I love them too much :D

Imperial Agent: I left my Agent's story pretty vague, because I actually forgot the class story details. It works, though; he just ends up disappearing. He'll likely play a role in my Jedi Under Siege stories, though.

Jedi Knight: So, while I haven't played through all of the JK story, I know exactly how his arc will go; from the beginning he's always been overly zealous and emotional, so naturally he'll fall to the dark side. While KoTFE and KotET is going on, he'll just be busy transitioning into a Sith and amassing personal power within the Empire.

Jedi Consular: I absolutely loved the Consular, despite the fact that a lot of people consider it to be dull. She's essentially my Pub side main. She's a very curious and well-read Miraluka, eldest sibling between the Trooper and Knight. Naturally, she joins the Alliance and becomes an influential figure within, becoming a good friend with my Warrior; they both like to read ancient texts a lot. They're nerds.

Smuggler: Barely played the smuggler, and I'm not very invested. So just like I'm not invested in her, she's not invested in my universe beyond her class story.

Trooper: Finally, the trooper. I haven't really touched the trooper, but I imagine he joins the Alliance, too. He doesn't quite climb the ranks like his siblings do in their respective factions, though.

SI: My main and canon Outlander. He's neutral leaning towards LS. Forgave Theron and is now secretly working for the Republic.

I have so many alts, but below are my canon characters for each class and what they're up to after KOTET.

SW: I imagine after KOTET she’s still the Empire’s Wraith but is more discreet about her actions. She works in the shadows to deal with the Emprie’s threats and dissidents swiftly and quietly, a ghost. As long at the Commander does not conflict or turn on the Empire she has no use of him, if he turns on the Empire he’ll be at the top of her list to make disappear.

BH: After KOTET she’d have no shortage of bounties of people looking for revenge on those who hurt or took advantage of them during the KOTFE/KOTET story. She doesn’t care at all about the Empire/Republic or Alliance. She does her bounties no matter whose side her bounty is on. As of now in the story I bet her business is booming.

Agent: The Hand of Jadus, I like to imagine he’s out there secretly working with Jadus and planning his return. Faked his death during KOTFE/KOTET and has no interest in seeking out any of his previous crew. A master of disguise he’ll be someone new every week.

JK: She’s out there with Satele helping to rebuild the Jedi. She would be at the front line to protect the Republic’s troops. Is actively searching for Kira/Scourge.

JC: After KOTET my JC would be out there also rebuilding the Jedi Order but unlike my JK my JC will be actively recording and saving any relics, books or datacrons she can to preserve them for future generations rather than be out fighting. I believe she’d also play a huge part in mentoring new young Padawans whilst her husband Iresso trains new troops.

Trooper: Fought side by side with his brothers in arms during KOTFE/KOTET and afterwards is still on the front lines. I like to think he joined back up with Jorgan and Elara.

Smuggler: Taking advantage of the situation, especially around these planets ravaged during KOTFE/KOTET. By cheap items/goods and then go to the devastated planets and sell these items for triple the price knowing how desperate the people there are to make huge profits. Running his business with Bowdaar, maybe one day they'll go to Alderaan looking for a Princess.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I'm running all of my toons through the entire story line... BUT this is a very interesting concept.. As I see it each of the charactors as listed had interesting, but difficult lives while the alliance dealt with KotFE.

JK : witnessed the sudden turn of events not too long after the defeat of Revan. With Saresh stiring up trouble in the Republic other troubling activities created a strong disturbance in the force to which he decided to go to ground. He remained there until recent roumers of a small group of Jedi needing to be evacuated from a distant isolated world.

Smuggler: With the eternal fleet creating such havock all over the galaxie his line of work became more difficult and dangerous... and more lucerative. His crew scattered and went into hiding where ever possible. Trips from one planet to another were few and far in between ... but more rewarding.

Trooper: With Saresh out of controll he was forced to resign his commission and took up residence in a distant world doing what obscure jobs were available. With the eternal fleet out of commission and no longer a threat he has carefully made his way back to Republic friendly space and contacted old friends still active in service.

Conselor : Also very sensitive to the force made his way quitely to the outer rim and remaines in hiding seldom in contact with anyone from the Republic or other Jedi. He suspects that has been a major change in the activities of the force, but for now remains a recluse.

I hope this works ..

Interesting thoughts though. Good job on OP.

I'm not exactly sure at what point (story wise) I first playing, but had to take a break from the game as a result of computer issues. It wasn't until after the release of KotFE that I was able to return to the game, when it granted the token to create a level 60 or 65 character, and ended up playing through both KotFE and KotET before ever finishing any of the class stories. Never really thought about how the Outlander story-line affected my other characters but as an alt'aholic, the alternate time-line scenario works best for me.

Whew, sorry it took me so long to get around to this, but I just wanted to say I really appreciate all the responses so far! I won't go too in depth on everyone's posts (because I think they all do a great job speaking for themselves) but I did want to acknowledge some of things that stood out to me. I love reading everyone's thoughts, and how they appreciate the game in different ways!

@Goreshaga: I like that your characters have a lot of overlap! Even before the Alliance was a thing I thought it made sense that at least some of the major players (the original 8 classes) would end up intertwining eventually.

I also envision my trooper as going missing, 1) I don't see them leaving Havoc willingly 2) I think the loss of the Trooper is important character development for Jorgan.

@LunaFox: Hopefully that beach is Rishi! I always imagined my BH ending up there, especially after the line from Lana saying "it suits you" to the BH.

@FlameYol: The two that jump out at me most are the IA and the Warrior. The idea of joining/working with the Ascendancy is very interesting. I'm assuming your character is Chiss? The Ascendancy has always been such a mysterious organization, I really enjoyed the sneak peek we get at in the IA story.

For the Warrior that is a very dark outcome, it's hard to imagine killing off one of my main characters, but it's also clear there would be no shortage of enemies. I'm curious if you envision your SI as more powerful, or if they had to use some deception/trap to defeat the SW?

@Psilanthropy: I loved your detailed write ups! I actually had envisioned a similar conflict between my BH and SW over the Torian/Vette choice, however, in my head canon Torian was the survivor, and it was the SW who held the grudge.

@BlueShiftRecall: Oooo a Jadus servant. I haven't explored that path yet personally, but I love the really different flavors the IA story can take on. It's a very interesting thought experiment to imagine just what Jadus would be getting up to in the chaos war.

@OlBuzzard: I find it interesting a lot of your characters seemed to go off the grid. Might be one of the few ways to ensure survival in the crazy times being lived through.

I know I didn't get to everyone, but again, thank you for all of the responses! I promise I'm reading them, and hopefully plenty of others are enjoying reading them as well.

Edited by Karameck

@LunaFox: Hopefully that beach is Rishi! I always imagined my BH ending up there, especially after the line from Lana saying "it suits you" to the BH.

I think so, I could totally see Mako and my male hunter enjoying themselves on Rishi. The female hunter is a bit more complicated, but I pretend that she finds a way to save Torian from the 'Sophie's Choice' and they end up on a beach...sick of war, sick of Mandoa, sick of it all, at least for the time being and recovering, maybe to plan another big score.