Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FAN-MADE Pre-Onslaught State of the Galaxy Article

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
FAN-MADE Pre-Onslaught State of the Galaxy Article

Anysao
10.19.2019 , 11:22 PM | #1
Hello there, SWTOR Community!

So, on October 18 Charles Boyd posted that he was intending to write a State of the Galaxy article to prepare for Update 6.0/Onslaught. However, he explained that he simply ran out of time so he couldnít get it written and posted online. Thatís pretty understandable, I think. I imagine the workload over at BioWare is intense right now.

However, I thought I could have some fun by writing my own State of the Galaxy article to build some hype. Iíve attached it below in the spoiler tags and I hope you all would enjoy reading it.

But first, some disclaimers: Most of what I have wrote below is essentially my own speculation for Onslaught. Just like everyone else, I havenít played the storyline. Therefore, nothing I have below constitutes as a story spoiler. However, I have played on the PTS (where the expansion story was absent), so I have my experiences from that will be mentioned in the article. However... There was a little exposition on the PTS for one specific previously-unnamed location, which I have named here. There is also one new group mentioned in the Dxun Operation, that I alluded to here. The rest of this expositional article comes from an interview with the story team by Swtorista and some in-game characters, that I have no knowledge of being involved in the expansion.

TL;DR: nothing below should be a spoiler, because I donít have anything to spoil. But if you want to go into 6.0 totally blind, donít open the below!

EDIT: One more disclaimer that I didnít think of earlier: absolutely nothing of what I wrote has anything to with data-mining. I donít involve myself with data-mining. Not only is it against the rules, but I stay away from data-mining because I donít want 6.0 spoilers. Everything I wrote is sourced from public statements from BioWare and what was available on the Public Test Server. If anything else I wrote below turns out to actually be part of 6.0ís story, that is due to total coincidence and speculation.

Spoiler
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Anysao
10.19.2019 , 11:27 PM | #2
And if Eric, Charles, Keith, or anyone happens to read this article of mine... please, let me know how I did!

It would fulfill a long-term dream of mine of getting a forums shoutout from someone over at BioWare!
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

SteveTheCynic
10.20.2019 , 02:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
It would fulfill a long-term dream of mine of getting a forums shoutout from someone over at BioWare!
I've had that. It's less of an achievement than you might imagine. I complained about getting an empty Renown Crate on PTS and Eric actually said that if that happened, it's a bug.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

FlameYOL
10.20.2019 , 12:09 PM | #4
Pretty good. I like when falls fill the gaps, or at least write their own explanations as to what is happening, in games. Definitely enjoy having this be a news report too as it adds your own touch as the last article was an intelligence report, its a good change of pace.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Anysao
10.20.2019 , 01:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Pretty good. I like when falls fill the gaps, or at least write their own explanations as to what is happening, in games. Definitely enjoy having this be a news report too as it adds your own touch as the last article was an intelligence report, its a good change of pace.
Thanks for the feedback! I hope we see more of RNN in the future. Their host, Alec Ranin, has a great voice.

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I've had that. It's less of an achievement than you might imagine. I complained about getting an empty Renown Crate on PTS and Eric actually said that if that happened, it's a bug.
Was that bug ever fixed on the PTS?

SteveTheCynic
10.21.2019 , 05:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Was that bug ever fixed on the PTS?
No idea. I kinda gave up on PTS. (I kinda 90% gave up on SWTOR, frankly.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.