Stormcaller and Firebrand: blue bubble problem

Hi forum,

we are trying the two tanks in Denova for three weeks now, and we get killed by the right tank's blue bubbles constantly. Bioware says it's not a bug.

We have a healer and me (Sniper) standing on the right tank. When the Double Destruction is announced, the tank hides behind us so he doesn't get the debuff and doesn't get any damage. That part works fine. We have a bountyhunter DD running around in front of the tank who is supposed to put the blue lightning aoe bubbles down so they don't land on the tank. He stays close to the tank, so distance can't really be an issue.

Problem is, the tank makes his blue goo where he likes to, not only on the running bountyhunter. On top of himself (frying the heal and me), on top of himself (frying the tank) and even below the shield generator bubble in the 2nd phase.

As I already said, the Bioware support was impressively unhelpful and states that there aren't any bugs and everything is working just fine, but everyone I talked to has never even heard of our problem.

Can anybody possibly help?

regards

Yeah, your problem is because your have your BH running around and planting the blue spheres all over the place. Don't do it. Have everyone on Stormcaller stand together in one place ontop of the boss (not your tank, obviously, until Doube Destruction is channelling). Then your tank moves the boss into place during the channel, and then back to his original position. Your tank will not take the blue spheres, and neither will any body else on Stormcaller. During the Defence interval your tank then runs around and plants the blue spheres while the dps and healer take care of the adds in the shield generators.

so you say we have 1 of 8 ppl running around to drop the yellow things from the left tank, and absolutely nobody at all running around the right one? hmm, we haven't tried that yet. it's definedly worth a try, if it works, you saved us a gazillion of credits :)

I think what he is saying is Right tank everyone stands on it. The way we do it is the left group only the Tank stands the other 3 are on the ground so that the blue spheres and yellow circle hits on of them. The right group all are on the tank. Then during the shield phases the left group is all under the shield the right group is under the shield expect for the tank. The right group tank needs to run around and plant the blue spheres.

Hope this makes some sense.

On our kills 7/8 were standing on tanks not moving during p1. I (merc dps) was a vabe on firebrand and got all blue shields and yellow circles. I was standing half way between tank and wall and the only time that things didn't hit me was during tank switch when assassin had to run. And that happened like 2 times in 1 month.

If you have a person as a vabe, do it on firebrand since it doesn't have any aoe damage on dps. As for p2 people said it, Stormcaller tank kites the blue shields outside of your defencive shields while healer spam heals him.

so you say we have 1 of 8 ppl running around to drop the yellow things from the left tank, and absolutely nobody at all running around the right one? hmm, we haven't tried that yet. it's definedly worth a try, if it works, you saved us a gazillion of credits :)

Yeah something like that. On the left boss (firebrand) we have 2 ranged (merc and sorc) dropping the yellow things

I think the way our guild does it, we have four standing on Firebrand, and three standing on Stormcaller, with only the Stormcaller healer on the ground. And whoever has aggro for Stormcaller (hopefully, the tank that just switched over from Firebrand) is the one targeted by the lightning balls during the shield phase.

What we do is we have everyone on Firebrand stand on the tank platform, then on the stormcaller side everyone stand son the platform except for the healer, the healer will kite around the blur orbs and the yellow reticule. They will only go to the person farthest away from the models, so it's likely that if your BH is close to the tank someone else moves farther away accidentally. During the shield faze your tank on Stormcaller will have aggro and will be shot at with the blue orbs so he has to run around outside of the shields kiting the blue orbs, we have our tank run towards the firebrand side so that healer can heal him as he kites the orbs around.

We've cleared 4/4 ec hm quite a few time sand this strat works great.

What we do is we have everyone on Firebrand stand on the tank platform, then on the stormcaller side everyone stand son the platform except for the healer, the healer will kite around the blur orbs and the yellow reticule. They will only go to the person farthest away from the models, so it's likely that if your BH is close to the tank someone else moves farther away accidentally. During the shield faze your tank on Stormcaller will have aggro and will be shot at with the blue orbs so he has to run around outside of the shields kiting the blue orbs, we have our tank run towards the firebrand side so that healer can heal him as he kites the orbs around.

We've cleared 4/4 ec hm quite a few time sand this strat works great.

what kind of healer?