Mercenary DPS vs that of Sorcerer

TGaP_Andrey

I heard many times that the reason why Sorc sucks as DD is because he can also what? Heal? So it wouldn't be fair if he dealt as much damage as, like, everyone else. Oh, pardon, I mean only Snipers and Maras, ofc.

Well, okay, I'm buying it. So we suck because we can sometimes hardcast heelz for 15k hp (those numbers negated instantly by any attacking ability of any other class besides autoattack with weapon). Alright.

So can anyone explain to me, since when Mercenaries with their heavy armor and abundance of DCD have lost their healing spec? (I mean, I haven't played this class for a very-very long time, so I could just missed it, so I'm sorry, if I did)

Because, well, you know, those HSMissles for, like, 39k damage, don't exactly look like as a performance of a hybrid class. Um, well, I'm sorry, If I said something wrong, of course, I understand, that there is a very logical, fair and just reasoning for why this dumb s hit, pardon, I mean situation exists for a some time.

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard many times that the reason why Sorc sucks as DD is because he can also what? Heal? So it wouldn't be fair if he dealt as much damage as, like, everyone else. Oh, pardon, I mean only Snipers and Maras, ofc.

Well, okay, I'm buying it. So we suck because we can sometimes hardcast heelz for 15k hp (those numbers negated instantly by any attacking ability of any other class besides autoattack with weapon). Alright.

So can anyone explain to me, since when Mercenaries with their heavy armor and abundance of DCD have lost their healing spec? (I mean, I haven't played this class for a very-very long time, so I could just missed it, so I'm sorry, if I did)

Because, well, you know, those HSMissles for, like, 39k damage, don't exactly look like as a performance of a hybrid class. Um, well, I'm sorry, If I said something wrong, of course, I understand, that there is a very logical, fair and just reasoning for why this dumb s hit, pardon, I mean situation exists for a some time.

Mercs still have a healing spec. Mercs in PVP are stronger than sorcs just because they have far better DCDs. I also prefer the single target damage a merc can put on a target, they melt stuff easily.

Sorc madness do ok, could use a tad up tick in damage imo, but good madness sorcs melt targets pretty good. Lightning sorcs have exceptional mobility and survivability but their single target burst is a joke.

I 'member ol' good time - a very short one, unfortunately - when sorcs were FOTM and 3 mad-sorcs premade could melt with focused Force Lightning literally anyone within seconds. That was the time of ABSOLUTE POWAH...

I miss when Force Storm had a 6 second channeled time and snared everything in it's AOE. That was good times.

Any great Sorc DPS can out do anyone, come to Satale Shan play with players like myself, Duzwin, Darkshocked or Grandmaester Flash. Very rare we get beat in DPS in WZ. So it's a matter of how you play it because this class is too stronk.

If you can rape Mercenary it doesn't mean that Sorc is stronk, it means only that this concrete Mercenary is a complete noob who facerolls his keyboard. I can't imagine the situation when between Merc and Sorc players with roughly equal skill level the latter can become a winner. Merc will just tear your *** with his heatseakers in any case, except he is a completely defective imbecile. You wanna cast your bubble of invincibility? He'll just wait and then rape you in a instant.

I mean, that was my recent experience in WZ. We were with him mano o mano, without interferences.

What kind of tactics you could apply, if you were killed WITHIN SECONDS? There was no time to do anything except for maybe to put on that stupid bubble so after that Merc could do the same **** with the exact same result.

With another merc was a little longer but just as sad story as previous. You've got stun? He's got Override. You've got burst and good krit with Blast? Nah, he'll just lazily press his dumb kolto overload and **** you hard in your *** with his missles. Oh, and, by the way, if you'll try to run from him, he'll put his MOFO NET on you. GG.

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

lul. all dabbin said was he would "outdo" anyone. he didnt say anything about 1v1s.

I suspect he specificaly ment "dps" value and "total damage" also he didn't specify if "said sorc" would be part of a premade (pocket hls and or tnk). I mean overall what he said was very vague and not hard to objectively claim.

Im not on anyone side here but I am pointing out dabbing post was very very hard to not be accurate. maybe his sorc can outclick you, or has better MS, or I dunno, can out stim you.

Edited by Seterade

I miss when Force Storm had a 6 second channeled time and snared everything in it's AOE. That was good times.

That’s why the whole class spec got nerfed. Worst time in the history of Lightning Sorcs and BioWare nerfed everything but that FS.

Then 3 months later nerfed FS too cause of the continued QQ. FS spam with snare was the only OP thing in that build. (Lightning Sorcs have never recovered from the nerfs to that build.

They’ve continued to get more nerfs since then are now wet rags)

Then BioWare made a similar mistake with engineer snipers spam snare grenade. Nerfed dps first and came back to the snare later. Now they are the poor cousin to MM snipers (who easily do 1/3 more damage)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Any great Sorc DPS can out do anyone, come to Satale Shan play with players like myself, Duzwin, Darkshocked or Grandmaester Flash. Very rare we get beat in DPS in WZ. So it's a matter of how you play it because this class is too stronk.

That’s cause everyone else is just crap. Look at the state of players in pvp. Even I can out dps most people. And that’s on any class these days.

I’m sure if you’re as skilled as you say, if you got on another class you would also out dps everyone.

The only way you can determine if a class is good or bad is to play enough people on both teams who are close to your skill level.

If you can find another 15 to be in a match with you and be skilled enough, I’ll eat my lightsaber.

The match making won’t allow it unless you can some how rig the queue. If you are as good as you say, the match making will always put you with a **** team against another **** team with 1-2 players on it,

Or if you play in a premade it will put you against 2 good players and 6 **** players.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that BioWare ****ed up the matchmaking like this so nobody can tell if classes are balanced outside of group ranked.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

lul. all dabbin said was he would "outdo" anyone. he didnt say anything about 1v1s.

I suspect he specificaly ment "dps" value and "total damage" also he didn't specify if "said sorc" would be part of a premade (pocket hls and or tnk). I mean overall what he said was very vague and not hard to objectively claim.

Im not on anyone side here but I am pointing out dabbing post was very very hard to not be accurate. maybe his sorc can outclick you, or has better MS, or I dunno, can out stim you.

Or what spec.

If you can rape Mercenary it doesn't mean that Sorc is stronk, it means only that this concrete Mercenary is a complete noob who facerolls his keyboard. I can't imagine the situation when between Merc and Sorc players with roughly equal skill level the latter can become a winner. Merc will just tear your *** with his heatseakers in any case, except he is a completely defective imbecile. You wanna cast your bubble of invincibility? He'll just wait and then rape you in a instant.

I mean, that was my recent experience in WZ. We were with him mano o mano, without interferences.

What kind of tactics you could apply, if you were killed WITHIN SECONDS? There was no time to do anything except for maybe to put on that stupid bubble so after that Merc could do the same **** with the exact same result.

With another merc was a little longer but just as sad story as previous. You've got stun? He's got Override. You've got burst and good krit with Blast? Nah, he'll just lazily press his dumb kolto overload and **** you hard in your *** with his missles. Oh, and, by the way, if you'll try to run from him, he'll put his MOFO NET on you. GG.

A Merc say’s to a Sorc... “bring lube... you’re gonna need it”

Any great Sorc DPS can out do anyone.

What does this mean?

"out do" someone in what way? Total DPS in a match? Sure I would agree with that. I seen many sorcs even ling sorcs that poured out tons of DPS but I also faced those same sorcs and they hit like wet noodles. They simply press buttons when they need to with their AE damage and that is it.

Lightning sorc single target damage is impotent. Only madness sorcs geared well and played well ever pressured me when in WZs, and those are far and few between simply because it seems most people on sorcs played less than stellar.

Anyway, "out doing" other classes means nothing if the damage isn't practical and useful damage. If a class just layers fluff damage everywhere but fails to put real pressure on targets it doesn't matter one bit what numbers they put up at the end of a WZ.

The easiest way to view this is, an equally skilled sorc versus an equally skilled merc, who would you put your money on? I'd go with the merc. The class is just stronker in PVP right now, especially if you are talking about lightning spec sorc. :(

Play sorc the right way and maybe you can imagine how to beat mercs 1v1. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/354332681

I made a full procast with recklesness on that darn merc and he is like at almost full health, I didn't even scratch him. PVP in this game is a totally unbalanced, to the point of being ridiculous, and unplayable mess, and only merc or a blind and deaf ******e will deny that. I heard PTs have like the same problems if they are trying to be DDs. Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Fixed it for you. ^

Now show a video of you doing it on a lightning sorc against a decent merc. :p

Sure find me a "decent merc" to face if you are trying to claim those mercs weren't good enough. I'll gladly stream/record the duel as Lightning

I've beaten quite a few baddie mercs on my sage in warzones (only semi 1v1). The thing with sorcs is that there is a much higher skill gap for sorc/sages versus classes like merc.

Sure find me a "decent merc" to face if you are trying to claim those mercs weren't good enough. I'll gladly stream/record the duel as Lightning

Can someone rez Chasso? :D

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Ofc they tell you those were bad mercs(regs have better mercs) , also when they say Sorc they mean Lightning only cuz understanding there are other specs is too hard. Anyway GJ winning that :)

Sorcs are great in all pvp atm, all 3 specs. Both Light and Madness do better dps then Arsenal and 1v1s also are competitive assuming both parties play decently. There really is no reason to complain about Sorc in pvp, apart from maybe not seeing huge hits cuz obviously one 30k HS is better then all other dmg...

First of all, I never said those mercs were bad. Please show where I wrote that. I realize people on these forums like to misconstrue what people write into what they want to believe was written but I never wrote those mercs were bad. I simply said hop on a ling sorc and repeat the performance I'd like to see it. I think it would be harder and that would impress me, against a "decent merc," like the last one you beat on your madness sorc.

Secondly you provided a video of you on a madness sorc beating a decent merc. Big deal? I never once said madness sorcs were weak, in fact if you look above I pointed out they actually can melt people fairly well it just takes some time for their dots to get rolling. You brought a video to boast of your skills on a class that I recognize as a fairly strong PVP spec albeit a boring one. Personally I find madness simplistic compared to ling, but more effective in PVP.

Ofc they tell you those were bad mercs(regs have better mercs) , also when they say Sorc they mean Lightning only cuz understanding there are other specs is too hard. Anyway GJ winning that :)

Sorcs are great in all pvp atm, all 3 specs. Both Light and Madness do better dps then Arsenal and 1v1s also are competitive assuming both parties play decently. There really is no reason to complain about Sorc in pvp, apart from maybe not seeing huge hits cuz obviously one 30k HS is better then all other dmg...

Again, I never said those mercs were bad. Grats on failing comprehension.

I also differentiated in previous posts the difference between ling and madness. It's not hard at all knowing there are more than just one spec of sorcs. If you find ling sorcs "fine" in PVP good for you. I find ling sorcs a complete joke, never fought one that pressured any of my healers effectively, not one. I literally could heal a team quite easily whenever I found myself tunneled by a ling sorc, wet noodles are wet noodles. I have fought madness sorcs that actually hurt and over time their single target pressure was quite nasty. Never met a ling sorc that caused me to have to run or hide, not one.

Yup Lhance, I get what you mean. To me, a baddie is going to have a better time playing a merc than a sorc. That's basically the bottom line. A baddie sorc vs baddie merc? I'd bet on the merc.

If the devs were to ever buff lighting/tk sorc/sages, they have to very careful or they'll become a wrecking ball.

The only reason people ever played Lightning in 4.0 is because of the Chain Lightning bug that they fixed in 5.0.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

First of all, I never said those mercs were bad. Please show where I wrote that. I realize people on these forums like to misconstrue what people write into what they want to believe was written but I never wrote those mercs were bad. I simply said hop on a ling sorc and repeat the performance I'd like to see it. I think it would be harder and that would impress me, against a "decent merc," like the last one you beat on your madness sorc.

Secondly you provided a video of you on a madness sorc beating a decent merc. Big deal? I never once said madness sorcs were weak, in fact if you look above I pointed out they actually can melt people fairly well it just takes some time for their dots to get rolling. You brought a video to boast of your skills on a class that I recognize as a fairly strong PVP spec albeit a boring one. Personally I find madness simplistic compared to ling, but more effective in PVP.

Again, I never said those mercs were bad. Grats on failing comprehension.

I also differentiated in previous posts the difference between ling and madness. It's not hard at all knowing there are more than just one spec of sorcs. If you find ling sorcs "fine" in PVP good for you. I find ling sorcs a complete joke, never fought one that pressured any of my healers effectively, not one. I literally could heal a team quite easily whenever I found myself tunneled by a ling sorc, wet noodles are wet noodles. I have fought madness sorcs that actually hurt and over time their single target pressure was quite nasty. Never met a ling sorc that caused me to have to run or hide, not one.

Well I wasn't sure, which is why I said "if." You stating "decent merc" makes it seem as you are implying they weren't good enough to begin with. Of course if I were to repeat, it would have to be a decent merc and obviously not a bad one. Just be careful with what words you decide to use, especially over text which is gonna be easy to misconstrue anywhere online not just these forums. :p

The point of the video wasn't to impress, but to prove a point. Yes merc has a lower skill ceiling and is easier to pickup, but people QQing about it isn't going to change anything. Deal with the cards you have been dealt with and try to improve or remain to be mediocre and blame it on class/spec.

Well I wasn't sure, which is why I said "if." You stating "decent merc" makes it seem as you are implying they weren't good enough to begin with. Of course if I were to repeat, it would have to be a decent merc and obviously not a bad one. Just be careful with what words you decide to use, especially over text which is gonna be easy to misconstrue anywhere online not just these forums. :p

The point of the video wasn't to impress, but to prove a point. Yes merc has a lower skill ceiling and is easier to pickup, but people QQing about it isn't going to change anything. Deal with the cards you have been dealt with and try to improve or remain to be mediocre and blame it on class/spec.

Nah you assumed I was being condescending when I used the words "decent merc" as if I was indirectly commenting on the merc you fought but my sentence was simply constructed to imply if you do fight a merc and post a video on a ling sorc it should be one that is a decent player on the merc.

Obviously if it was a noob merc, a video of that would not help your case that both DPS specced sorcs are awesome in PVP. Sort of like the video of you winning on a madness sorc. :D

I have been killed by madness sorcs solo while on my merc, so I know they can do it with equal or better skill than the merc. But I killed far more DPS sorcs than I was killed by while on my merc/commandos for sure, and I aint the best merc/mando.

However! I never got solo'd, not once while fighting a ling sorc when on my DPS mercs, and I never once had a ling sorc pressure my healers to the point I was running scared trying to avoid their damage.

Versus a ling sorc, I could use heals, and DCDs and easily manage their damage whereas with nearly every other DPS class when played by a good player and tunneled I had to use LOS and movement to diminish their damage.

Basically my opinion is a buff to ling sorcs burst is needed. If they need to remove some of their survivability I think that's a fair trade, lings are very mobile and do have great survivability but their single target burst is a joke and I'd put them at the very bottom of the power pyramid of all DPS classes.

Yup Lhance, I get what you mean. To me, a baddie is going to have a better time playing a merc than a sorc. That's basically the bottom line. A baddie sorc vs baddie merc? I'd bet on the merc.

If the devs were to ever buff lighting/tk sorc/sages, they have to very careful or they'll become a wrecking ball.

The only reason people ever played Lightning in 4.0 is because of the Chain Lightning bug that they fixed in 5.0.

Right, that's mostly my sentiment. I suppose if they buffed their burst then they'd have to consider eliminating some of their mobility or survivability. Personally I'd rather see them keep their mobility because that makes the ling fun to play.