Please add a quitter debuff

Ferboten

I'm tired of joining WZs in progress where the enemy is winning by a landslide and half our team left, or people leaving at the start because they don't like their teammates' gear or didn't steamroll the enemy right off the bat. I don't understand why there are absolutely zero consequences for leaving a WZ, people can just repeatedly leave and requeue until they find a WZ where they can get carried. It promotes a terrible attitude and it needs to stop.

Please add a 15 minute quitter debuff so this nonsense can end.

Signed,

A raging player

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you mention the player leaving so he can find a match that will carry him. I suspect a large percentage of quitters do so because the team they are losing with is expecting them to carry the team. I hear all this crap about quitters when i think the real issue is the afk attitude from all the players who think they are doing everyone a favour by having 2 to 6 sitting at nodes getting defender medals.....and you wonder why players who want to win quit?

Id rather see matches split out between theose who have a majority of wins under their belts being allowed to group against other such teams and another queue for those who have a majority of losses and those who just have a wack of defender medals.

I would then request a a seat to watch the second style of match, Im sure Id see a whole lot of nothing but at least they would stay for the whole match =0

I fully support a quitter debuff.

I would suggest a minimum of 1000 WZ comms and 2 hours of no warzones.

Quitters suck. Don't quit, don't suck.

whoah, watch out, we got a bad4ss over here.

no, just no. a quit debuff wont solve anything. people will just afk or node D farm instead.

Edited by lazyax

I'm tired of joining WZs in progress where the enemy is winning by a landslide and half our team left, or people leaving at the start because they don't like their teammates' gear or didn't steamroll the enemy right off the bat. I don't understand why there are absolutely zero consequences for leaving a WZ, people can just repeatedly leave and requeue until they find a WZ where they can get carried. It promotes a terrible attitude and it needs to stop.

Signed,

A raging player

before they add a quiter debuf they need to:

1. Ballance the classes.

2. add a cross server pvp que.

3. tone down the overly overly ultra excessive cc.

4. add a program that detects hacking software.

5. fix some of the lag / bugs that wz's have.

6. reward backfillers for staying. right now if you fill its basically like not even playing. the reward is not worth the effort.

Edited by DarthSabreth

Or just unsub, eventually BW will get the message if not, the game will be done after another server merge. i've 2 days left on my sub, BW won't fix the issues, because they really don't care. If they did, something would have been done a long time ago.

So I'm in recruit gear and trying to heal. The opponent is wearing Elite War Hero. I get one heal off..then I get raped. Sorry dude I'm leaving, I will try to find a easier match. Until bioware institute a tier base PVP system...I will continue to do that. If they implement a quitter debuff...I will kiss pvp goodbye. Then the elite players can play with themselves.

"Don't hate the player...hate the game"

we quit when the other seven of you run seven different ways while their premade 3 caps. then you continue to run seven different ways while i try to recap a node. they move as one to reinforce while you seven are still all over the map, the stealthy is dancing in the corner and the sorc healer is spamming consumption on himself so he can be top healer.

this is when i quit. i don't need a debuff. i need the other seven to stop sucking

we quit when the other seven of you run seven different ways while their premade 3 caps. then you continue to run seven different ways while i try to recap a node. they move as one to reinforce while you seven are still all over the map, the stealthy is dancing in the corner and the sorc healer is spamming consumption on himself so he can be top healer.

this is when i quit. i don't need a debuff. i need the other seven to stop sucking

^^ Pretty much.

Signed,

A raging player

No, Some people who leave are concerned with ranked comms. Those people are people who are acquiring elite war hero gear and don't have time for the other 3 people on his team who decided it would not benefit their team to save up 2750 comms before hitting 50 and are in full recruit gear. Bioware's fault for making recruit gear so god awful, maybe they will fix it eventually.

a quitter debuff would be a horrible idea and would just make more people quit the game

make warzones better and this wouldn't be as much of a problem

civil war for example - i think most people leave this, because its really difficult to take a node once its capped. Its also incredibly long. Why wait around 15 minutes in a losing warzone thats almost impossible to comeback from?

I'll sometimes leave civil war when we're winning, just out of boredom.

before they add a quiter debuf they need to:

1. Ballance the classes.

-punch me in my nuts, but with few exceptions, it's very balanced. I played few games, and this one is quite equal for mmo

2. add a cross server pvp que.

-for ranked, yes. solo is fun to keep in one server as you can get invite to pvp guild or get kicked out if loosing on purpose. making it cross server will make people anonymous and that’s never good

3. tone down the overly overly ultra excessive cc.

-punch me in my nuts again, but despite aoe stuns, it's pretty much fine.

4. add a program that detects hacking software.

-1000 times this please

5. fix some of the lag / bugs that wz's have.

-last night we had 7 man team in Civil war. we won cause reps were dumb to extreme on that one, but still, 3 people wanted to quit before start but I persuaded them not to que is buggy for some reason.

6. reward backfillers for staying. right now if you fill its basically like not even playing. the reward is not worth the effort.

-match that will end in 1 minute is not an effort,

If I may.

Match making would be nice. I tend not to complain about premades, but putting 2 4 mans against full pug is just pure wrong.

also, it was said bazillion times, I will say it again.

quitter debuff will make afkers. with people quitting you can still win. with afkers, it's a guaranteed lost.

Edited by Atramar

Why should I have to stay in a wz with a 25k hp jug with 550 expertise? or a 13k sniper with green level 35 implants?

those are two examples of players I saw only yesterday on the Red Eclipse. Its my game time and if I dont want to play with those players I wont.

I see folk moaning about premades well to be honest I like to pvp with my friends why cant I q with 4/5/6/7/8 of them in any wz? its a mmo after all. Why do they encourage only 4 man groups? its not my fault noobs are noobs.

I completely agree with this. There was a desertion debuff in PvP on GW1 and it definitely stopped a lot of people quitting (it did for me atleast).

15 minutes is a bit low though, I'd say 30 minutes. It sometimes takes 15 minutes for a warzone to pop on ToFN anyway, and it's a PvP server.

Why should I have to stay in a wz with a 25k hp jug with 550 expertise? or a 13k sniper with green level 35 implants?

those are two examples of players I saw only yesterday on the Red Eclipse. Its my game time and if I dont want to play with those players I wont.

I see folk moaning about premades well to be honest I like to pvp with my friends why cant I q with 4/5/6/7/8 of them in any wz? its a mmo after all. Why do they encourage only 4 man groups? its not my fault noobs are noobs.

That's the thing, you don't have to. Though, if you leave you should get punished for it.

Since you're only thinking about yourself, why should other people have to go through a warzone with half a team, or in some rare circumstances get kicked out because not enough players?

Edited by WaldoA