People complaining about Grav Round and Tracer Missile don't know how to PvP

ZeusThunder

As a sniper, I don't really have a problem with tracer missile or mercs in general. They are mildly irritating though, because of the sole fact that in order to play my class well I need to use so many keybinds, and they can get away with so few.

It is pretty funny when you use distraction on them and watch em backpedal with nothing to do for a few seconds though. So it all evens out in the end.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a shieldtech powertech, I consider tracer missile spam annoying and a bit overtuned. My interrupt doesn't lock the skill out, so they just cast it again. LoS is cool and all except for a) A lot of objects in warzones don't actually provide LoS) and b) If you LoS somebody to stop you from attacking them, this also means you aren't attacking them back. LoS doesn't help you defeat a mercenary, it just delays you dying from tracer missile for a few seconds.

This all being said, I'm still able to defeat most mercenaries in a 1 on 1 fight, but it usually means gimping myself for the next fight because I had to use so many cooldowns to do it.

Also, tracer missile uses almost no heat and as a powertech with a lot of expensive abilities and no cheap filler, that makes me a bit upset.

As a shieldtech powertech, I consider tracer missile spam annoying and a bit overtuned. My interrupt doesn't lock the skill out, so they just cast it again. LoS is cool and all except for a) A lot of objects in warzones don't actually provide LoS) and b) If you LoS somebody to stop you from attacking them, this also means you aren't attacking them back. LoS doesn't help you defeat a mercenary, it just delays you dying from tracer missile for a few seconds.

This all being said, I'm still able to defeat most mercenaries in a 1 on 1 fight, but it usually means gimping myself for the next fight because I had to use so many cooldowns to do it.

Also, tracer missile uses almost no heat and as a powertech with a lot of expensive abilities and no cheap filler, that makes me a bit upset.

Quell:"Interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds."

Sounds like a lockout to me. Or are you referring to Jet Charge?

I just rolled a assassin to see what they are like, I didn't wanna go Sorc for obvious reasons. ASt level 12 it's.....ok I guess. pressing 1212121212 all day gets old though (direct damage skills), its defiantly not as difficult as my defence JK to play.

^Obviously never played Assassin seriously. Even at 12, you already have the full skill set of SI to juggle.

I haven't got a *********** clue how to optimize my output at 43. (Madness spec, the biggest issue is optimal application of Crushing Darkness, and trying to fit in Thrash between everything else...)

Pretty much. All you have to do is put 1 melee on a merc/commando and they're done.

yes, but what they can do before being noticed is so devastating it doesnt really matter. You can fire off tracer missiles so fast by the time you notice it, you are dead. And if you arent, by the time you have any hope of running up to the BH to be in melee interrupt distance you are boned.

• 11 months later...

I love the roller coaster threads in the forums, just last month everyone was touting that mer/commando's were the worst dpsers / hardest class to play in this game. now this month everyone is touting that they are way OP...

in my opinion they are both fine they just have a few escape issues. most players hate tracer missle because its just anoying. seeing a player bent over touching a button on his / her wrist and a anoying animation will test any players patience.

I love the roller coaster threads in the forums, just last month everyone was touting that mer/commando's were the worst dpsers / hardest class to play in this game. now this month everyone is touting that they are way OP...

in my opinion they are both fine they just have a few escape issues. most players hate tracer missle because its just anoying. seeing a player bent over touching a button on his / her wrist and a anoying animation will test any players patience.

Notice that this thread was posted a year ago? Hmm maybe not.

Nobody's calling them OP nowadays. This thread is one freaking year old. Mercs stopped being OP, or even P, the moment people keybound their interrupt.

I suggest you check the dates on those threads touting that they are way OP. They're a year old. If you think they are fine, and just need some escape issues, then you are paying even less attention than I thought.

If you can pump out maximum DPS uninterrupted by spamming ONE SKILL - that's a flaw in game design.

Why do Snipers/Slinggers need to use gimmicky mechanics and rotations while Mercs/commandos get a free pass to face roll medals with one ******* skill?

You can't.... not even close.....