Seriously? That's it?

Raansu

Maybe you want text only in half the story like FFXIV does it?

This is perfectly fine. It is not 2 hours. You are a rusher. The level cap increase rewards you with a new skill and utility point, that was the point. Maybe you prefer WoW where you get nothing at all for leveling up? The speed is entirely in line with the rest of the leveling process.

Honestly the voiced content in SWTOR is about as much or more than WoW gets in an expansion release.

Finally, theres double the content if you do a character on the other faction. Also, this kind of story content has choices in both voices and decisions giving it replay value.

AKA cry more entitled one. Don't like? Free to leave.

The only thing i agree on is that they should take this chance to share with us what their plans are for near future content. I know Keith was worried about that, so i know there are plans. This is the best time to share them so people keep invested.

Same for those that say this expansion is an embarrassment when it's story content is about as much as Shadow of Revan, the game's most popular expansion. Story is not where you find a shorter expansion. There is one less dungeon and raid. But, i want to hear from the devs what the plans are going forward in content.

Edited by Nemmar

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to disagree with people asking for 10+ hours of content in an expansion... i dont even expect that for a dlc...

i like that this is alt friendly, in that i can do this on 16 toons and not blow my brains out, unlike kotfe/et... which i did on maybe 5 toons fully... and even that was painful.... 20+ hours on 16 toons is never going to happen, but 2 hours on 16 toons i can do before 7.0 (if thats going to happen... i would assume even if they make a million USD a year between subs and cartel market thats enough to warrant another expansion).

i am still upset over skipping so much content on so many characters because of 4.0/5.0... but it was fun for the first 10 chapters on 4 characters... after that i had enough.

I'm of the current school of thought that this game is currently for the pay for cartel coins and ignore everything crowd and I'll explain my position on this.

1.You will notice that unlike the previous 2 expansions there was nary a single boost token. After all why give players a free boost token when they can sell them for an extra 20 bucks on top of your sub fee.

2.Bugs that have been in the game since launch are still in the game including but not limited to Enemies dropping through the map and becoming untargatable going through walls and not being targetable consistent

3.The Items that we pay for aren't even quality checked including but not limited to. Hairstyles that clip through the characters head, clothing that clips through itself, clothing where the characters head clips through the hood, clothing that clips through the character.

4.Couple these outfits and cost to unlock them in more coins.

5. Now look at the races that can be unlocked through cartel coins more closely the Togruta and New Nautolans both of them are horrendous compared to the NPCs of the same species the PC Togruta look like sickly versions of themselves with montrals that don't reach a proper length Now Compare them to the NPC Togruta that are better looking better rendered etc. Again the same with the Nautolans the PC Nautolans look atrocious compared to their NPCs something I didn't even know was possible. It seems as if at this point things are just getting churned out to keep up the cash grab.

6. The NON MMO MMO aspect this has been this way since Revan but it has gotten successively worse since to the point that it might as well just be a single player game but that would require quality over quantity.

7.rather than getting an actual expansion with more added to it over expansions lifetime, we get a serial Now the only conclusion I can draw from this is they're purposely trying to tank this game like they did to Galaxys

Maybe you want text only in half the story like FFXIV does it?

The core cutscenes are all voiced. The filler stuff is text, and I'm fine with that design.

It is not 2 hours. You are a rusher.

How do you rush through something that short? I played for 45 minutes, then the servers came down. I went off to play some xbox and came back around 9. I got the credit roll a little past 11 without skipping any cutscenes. At best there's maybe 45 minutes of cutscenes and the rest is traveling....or what little there was. I even traveled to both sides of meksha for the two influencers to see both options. So two hours and some change with me mostly farting around and not rushing......i.e. too short for an EXPANSION.

Finally, theres double the content if you do a character on the other faction. Also, this kind of story content has choices in both voices and decisions giving it replay value.

The story in FFXIV dwarfs even doing both factions of this expansions story. Sorry, not an excuse. And lol at choices that in the end do really nothing.

AKA cry more entitled one. Don't like? Free to leave.

Yep, I'm totally entitled for expecting more from an expansion, at the very least on par with past expansions. This game is coasting and I don't like seeing the player base shrink year after year because there's NO CONTENT.

Same for those that say this expansion is an embarrassment when it's story content is about as much as Shadow of Revan, the game's most popular expansion. Story is not where you find a shorter expansion. There is one less dungeon and raid. But, i want to hear from the devs what the plans are going forward in content.

There was significantly more in SoR......both story and content.

The story in FFXIV dwarfs even doing both factions of this expansions story. Sorry, not an excuse.

FFXIV is one of the key MMOs on the market right now.

SWTOR is, let's face it, a 10+ year old, niche game with a very small player base.

It's not an excuse, but a valid reason: this is as much as we can hope for based upon the limited resources Bioware has working on the game right now. Sure, it's not ideal, but at least it's something.

FFXIV is one of the key MMOs on the market right now.

SWTOR is, let's face it, a 10+ year old, niche game with a very small player base.

It's not an excuse, but a valid reason: this is as much as we can hope for based upon the limited resources Bioware has working on the game right now. Sure, it's not ideal, but at least it's something.

Including 1.0 FFXIV is 9 years old. The difference is square bothered to invest money into it thus the game has a constant flow of content. Shame star wars is wasted on by EA.

Including 1.0 FFXIV is 9 years old. The difference is square bothered to invest money into it thus the game has a constant flow of content. Shame star wars is wasted on by EA.

Not disagreeing with you and not making excuses. Just saying that they're two different things. FFXIV has a huge player base. SWTOR does not. FFXIV has a large development team, SWTOR does not.

I wish things were different, I just choose to accept these facts and am grateful for what we DO get in SWTOR. :)

Not disagreeing with you and not making excuses. Just saying that they're two different things. FFXIV has a huge player base. SWTOR does not. FFXIV has a large development team, SWTOR does not.

I wish things were different, I just choose to accept these facts and am grateful for what we DO get in SWTOR. :)

I'd rather just see swtor die than watch it putter along in this joke they call content.

I'd rather just see swtor die than watch it putter along in this joke they call content.

I don't say this for a lot of things, but if that's the case then just stop playing it. I mean don't get me wrong, I wish there was more content and feel going back to two stories was always going to hurt what we got. However, if you'd rather see the game die then nothing stops you from cutting it out of your life.

Some of us still enjoy the game even if we think it is greatly flawed. So if you want the game dead then exercise your option to make it dead to you.

It's actually OK to voice both opinions. After all, feedback is valuable.

If you're happy with this small spattering of content with years of time in between, that's OK. So is wanting more. In the end, what matters to SWTOR devs (and pretty much every gaming company) is short-term ROI, not long-term player satisfaction. This is why predatory tactics (such as RNG and "collect them all" gimmicks) are often favored over happy customers.

I don't say this for a lot of things, but if that's the case then just stop playing it. I mean don't get me wrong, I wish there was more content and feel going back to two stories was always going to hurt what we got. However, if you'd rather see the game die then nothing stops you from cutting it out of your life.

Some of us still enjoy the game even if we think it is greatly flawed. So if you want the game dead then exercise your option to make it dead to you.

I did stop playing. Uninstalled the game last night. SWTOR is a joke now. No content, and rng to mask it. Its time for this game to die because its clearly in maintenance mode with practically zero budget.

It's actually OK to voice both opinions. After all, feedback is valuable.

If you're happy with this small spattering of content with years of time in between, that's OK. So is wanting more. In the end, what matters to SWTOR devs (and pretty much every gaming company) is short-term ROI, not long-term player satisfaction. This is why predatory tactics (such as RNG and "collect them all" gimmicks) are often favored over happy customers.

Well said.

I’m glad someone pointed out that you can love the way it is but there is nothing wrong with constructive feed back and you can also want more content or better gearing and crafting systems. Just because a person is disappointed, doesn’t make their comments worth less than someone who loves it all.

Personally I don’t hate all the gearing system. Just the massive RNG factor and the 18 different versions from of the same thing. What I do love about the gearing is that it’s all legacy bound. Which means you can always upgrade and swap to your Alts to gear them up really easy. More so than at any other time in the game.

What I absolutely hate is what they’ve done to the crafting system.

I didn’t mind the story, but as others have pointed out, it could definitely have been longer than it was. Maybe if less time had been spent on 18 different gear versions and 20 gear Lvls or new mail box icons (etc) and a few other non necessary changes, they could have spent some of that time making more playable content.

You are comparing this to Ossus? Really, that was the one that was fast, it took me under an hour to finish that and yet you are complaining this one is shorter but it took 2 hours. Not sure what math you are using for that as 2 hours is longer than 1 hour (at the max for Ossus)

Sadly true.

Swtor will only increase its player base if it offers content and a game people want to play. Calling a few hours of content and the most mind numbing gear grind, worse than GC an expansion; and likely the most that will be seen for the next year will only lose players.

You launch this the day after ESO lets people conclude the Year of the Dragon Story arc, with a large new zone.

I wish swtor was better, that there was more reason to log in on my Sith Warrior, that companions offered more insight, that we haven't seen a nerf to pave the way for a god awful gear grind. However it seems Swtor wants to cater to a small minority of people that love gear grinding and I guess progression raiding, while other games seem to let people play in massive worlds where they can do what they want and solo is as viable as group play.

I just hope they don't

bring Vitiate back.

ENOUGH WITH THAT STORY.

I couldn't agree more !

They aren't. They are just going to put a bow on it.

One of the few characters in the entire SWTOR series that I wanted to get right up next to him and do my best to stick my fist right through his face and shut him up !! … FOR GOOD !!

Besides that … I actually enjoyed KotFE / ET

:D

hmmm

well maybe General Garza … and Guss … and just one or two others that might make that list !

:D