Need help defeating Darth Angral

Obirevan

I am a level 38 Jedi Guardian with Defence skill tree.

I am trying to defeat Darth Angral on his ship the Oppressor.

I use my stat increasing abilities and superior medpacs and superior fortitude stims but still he defeats me easily.

Please give me advice on how to defeat Darth Angral.

I am a level 38 Jedi Guardian with Defence skill tree.

I am trying to defeat Darth Angral on his ship the Oppressor.

I use my stat increasing abilities and superior medpacs and superior fortitude stims but still he defeats me easily.

Please give me advice on how to defeat Darth Angral.

What level is he? If he's above you in level, the simplest way to beat the boss is to go out and quest until you level up.

Also make sure your gear is up to date.

It may seem an obvious suggestion to some, but I still run into people wearing random green trash 10 - 15 levels lower, the wrong stat (shadow wearing strength). Heck I even met a sage wearing white, as in NO STATS, pants on HOTH!:eek:

With group finder, there's really no reason to be poorly geared like that.

I don't blame them. I'm no "gear snob" or elitist power gamer. As an officer, I blame their guild leadership.

But I've gotten off topic. If you're on J.C. add me. Name is in my sig.

Edited by JacksonMo

Interrupts are key. A Guardian doesn't have much but you need to make sure you interrupt his one ability (Thunderous Blast I believe) as that can kill you quick. After that he is relatively easy.

You have 3 ways to interrupt him your standard interrupt and Force Stasis and Force Push. Anytime you see him start to cast anything use one of the 3. Do not waste Stasis or Push for damage use them only if he is casting. After that just keep hitting him with sundering assault slashes and critical strikes as much as possible. Edited by LukeSaberRattler

You have 3 ways to interrupt him your standard interrupt and Force Stasis and Force Push. Anytime you see him start to cast anything use one of the 3. Do not waste Stasis or Push for damage use them only if he is casting. After that just keep hitting him with sundering assault slashes and critical strikes as much as possible.

Yes, this. "I need help defeating Darth Angral" is one of the most common quest-related questions on the Noob forum. It's because no mob until now REQUIRES you to use interrupts. As others have posted, assuming you have gear at your level, you can beat Angral if you use interrupts. If you don't, you'll need to get several levels higher in order to beat him.

Interrupts are key. A Guardian doesn't have much but you need to make sure you interrupt his one ability (Thunderous Blast I believe) as that can kill you quick. After that he is relatively easy.
This right is a "MUST" it was the only way I was able to beat him....

By the way I used Doc so...

Edited by Legolose

As everyone else has said gear, interupts, interupts, interupts. However, I would like to add a guestion to all about this. I have 4 interupts, maybe 3 when I fought him but reguardless how fast does your interupts recharge? There are some mobs that use special ability after special ability and my interupts can't charge fast enough, plus some do not work on some mobs. Is your skill tree and basic stats the factor here? Jedi Sentinal here, just wondering?

Yep as others say interupt is the main thing thazt will help in this. good gear helps to of course but I know I had troublwe with this one at first as well until someone reminded me of interupts. Even if you can;t catch every one of them you can reduce your incoming damage majorly by interupts with him. try get as often as can use any skill which can interupt this may be stuns, pommel strike if you have it, force stasis, force kick etc. (memory isn;t best on the skill names I just know what they look like and do when I use them :p )

Sometimes with a chain of different stuff being channeled I have found it;s sometimes just a matter learning which ones you need to interrupt the most. But you'll see more of that later probably.

For Angral he can be a real pain but interupts if you can get them timed in right will be the key.

Edited by OdanBaruq

Thank you for your help.

I have defeated Darth Angral.

I added better mods to me and Kira's armour and bought and used Expert medpac and Superior fortitude stim.

I sent Kira to fight him first then force leapt to him the first time he started charging thunderous blast.

I used force kick on his thunderous blast but not on force lightning.

how did the people who used Doc get Doc? He's not available until chapter 2.

Also, at 38, interrupt or not, you should be steam rolling Angral.

lol I was wondering the same thing! You don't get Doc as a companion until Chapter two..the fight with Darth Angral takes place at the end of Chapter 1.

Thank you for your help.

I have defeated Darth Angral.

I added better mods to me and Kira's armour and bought and used Expert medpac and Superior fortitude stim.

I sent Kira to fight him first then force leapt to him the first time he started charging thunderous blast.

I used force kick on his thunderous blast but not on force lightning.

That's great! Happy that it worked out for you :)