Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.17.2019 , 11:03 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Doesn't matter, most of them are designed for most of the ppl to go through.
Clearly they are not or else people would not struggle with them and rage quit over wipes. If you go on like this you could say that the vanilla story line was designed for most of the people to go through but that was a LOT harder than now. So your point makes zero sense.
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I did, this is why I post.

SM is for everyone to experience the story, this is WHY it has other modes.

WHY did it matter to you? WHY didn't you go other modes if you want challenge?
Let's assume that I believe you, what sort of content do you have trouble with now. I can't think of any SM content except maybe EC that involves companions that you should have trouble with. So let me know what content you struggle with and why so maybe I can understand your issue better.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 11:06 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Clearly they are not or else people would not struggle with them and rage quit over wipes. If you go on like this you could say that the vanilla story line was designed for most of the people to go through but that was a LOT harder than now. So your point makes zero sense.
They are, some of them weren't because the lack of resources to fix.

It was, which is why it further got easier for this reason.

Quote:
Let's assume that I believe you, what sort of content do you have trouble with now. I can't think of any SM content except maybe EC that involves companions that you should have trouble with. So let me know what content you struggle with and why so maybe I can understand your issue better.
Yes, still avoiding the question.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 11:23 AM | #83
Also in FP and OPS, I hate ragequiters much more than newbies.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

ThomasStarWars's Avatar


ThomasStarWars
11.17.2019 , 11:25 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Also in FP and OPS, I hate ragequiters much more than newbies.
newbies are ragequitters

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 11:26 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
newbies are ragequitters
Not really, most of them are ppl like you, who likes to point at others.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
11.17.2019 , 11:26 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
What does it have to do with you?

Why did other ppl's play style matter to you? Are you playing this game simply to laugh at others? If so you should go spend efforts in real life instead of wasting time in a VIDEO GAME.
Did not read the last sentence? Because these people then annoy in the GF. If at some point they feel the desire for a group.
By the way, this is not just about your fun. I like challenges every now and then when I play solo. When I play the Char stories, I do not want to defeat my opponents in one fell swoop. And yes, my companions are already passive.

It is not too hard. Just you can not knock more brain dead on everything. Set the influence of the Companion to 20. Then it works again.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 11:30 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Did not read the last sentence? Because these people then annoy in the GF. If at some point they feel the desire for a group.
By the way, this is not just about your fun. I like challenges every now and then when I play solo. When I play the Char stories, I do not want to defeat my opponents in one fell swoop. And yes, my companions are already passive.

It is not too hard. Just you can not knock more brain dead on everything. Set the influence of the Companion to 20. Then it works again.
Annoying ppl never cease to exist since the dawn of group content games. It has nothing to do with the game's difficulty or companion. Actually the most annoying ppl I've met on GF are always ragequiters, and most of them are elitists who can't endure other's mistake.

You like challenge then there are challenging content, go for them, if you want challenge in solo then take off ur gear and dismiss your companion. You have the option to do so. WHY do you want to take out others' fun, when there are such content for you and you have the option to do so?

It's not too hard, just look at your panel and you can click it, it's much more easier than those you called braindead content.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Yria's Avatar


Yria
11.17.2019 , 11:36 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
You like challenge then there are challenging content, go for them, if you want challenge in solo then take off ur gear and dismiss your companion.
Did you even read their post? Their companions are already on passive (which is the same as having them dismissed in terms of usefulness). And gear doesn't mean jack while you are leveling, you can defeat class bosses just as easily without a single piece of armor.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
11.17.2019 , 11:40 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
newbies are ragequitters
In my limited experience of OPs and FPs the "rage quitters" have not been the newbies.

The rage-quitters tend to be experience group players whining about first time players listening to the story element and using the "choice wheel" rather than spacing through and getting on with it.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 11:43 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Yria View Post
Did you even read their post? Their companions are already on passive (which is the same as having them dismissed in terms of usefulness). And gear doesn't mean jack while you are leveling, you can defeat class bosses just as easily without a single piece of armor.
Then it means it has NOTHING to do with the companion. They can also choose not to use a bunch of skills as well.

Also these content are meant to let everyone go through. If they want challenge there are challenging content. It''s very jerkass to try to get all the content serve them.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.