Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Pirana
11.17.2019 , 11:44 AM | #91

The same reason they buffed them into oblivion a few years back. They're trying to walk that tightrope and they keep falling.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 11:49 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post

The same reason they buffed them into oblivion a few years back. They're trying to walk that tightrope and they keep falling.
They buffed them because of level sync, before that we can stomp most of the content with level advantage.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Pirana
11.17.2019 , 11:52 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
They buffed them because of level sync, before that we can stomp most of the content with level advantage.
Exactly. I'll put it more simplistic terms, they have almost no idea what they're doing when it comes to a number of things in this game.

The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Yria
11.17.2019 , 11:57 AM | #94
They can also choose not to use a bunch of skills as well.
Are you for real? No, I don't want to not use my skills. I have them for a reason. You have them for a reason. Learn to use them (god, never thought I'd say this).

Monterone
11.17.2019 , 12:02 PM | #95
Don't blame the people that complained, blame BW.

People complain a lot, about a lot f things, and they're never heard. This BW decision just happens to overlap with what a few people wanted. In actuality, it just seems like a new MO they have with making the game harder, more grindy, and everything taking longer to accomplish.

Weak companions falls into that.

I'm starting to call it the Burnout expansion. It's only been a couple of weeks and I no longer feel like playing.
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 12:04 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Yria View Post
Are you for real? No, I don't want to not use my skills. I have them for a reason. You have them for a reason. Learn to use them (god, never thought I'd say this).
And are you for real? NO I don't want to change my casual game style, same thing.

And you at least have a choice, we don't.

You have your challenging content to do, we don't when our content gets changed.

That's what makes elitist so harmful, when we talk about HM/NIM, they say "they are designed to be hard", when we talk about solo/SM, they say" I want it to be hard" and not mentioning "it's supposed for everyone to go through". This game is not simply designed for hardcore players, NO.

My Referral Code.

Yria
11.17.2019 , 12:15 PM | #97
And you at least have a choice, we don't.
Playing the game the way it was not intended to be played is not "having a choice". It is supposed to be played with gear, companions and certain abilities. Besides, you do have a choice: learn to play. Oh, right, you don't want to. Well, if you don't want to change your playstyle to get through solo content why should I, or anyone else who disagrees with you? You are the one who started this whole "take off your gear, dismiss your companion" thing, don't try to spin it back at me. What you are saying in this tread is, basically, that the game should be designed in a way that makes it fun to play for you personally, everyone else be damned. Shouldn't come as a surprise that many people won't agree with that stance.

And no, I don't want to do challenging group content. Again, I'm not a hardcore player. I want solo content to be fun, and to me "fun" means "without scary sith lord bosses dying in 8 seconds after I used a single slah and a blade barrage".

Batwer
11.17.2019 , 12:36 PM | #98
Also these content are meant to let everyone go through. If they want challenge there are challenging content. It''s very jerkass to try to get all the content serve them.[/QUOTE]
How about just learning how to handle your class?
SERIOUSLY?
If you want to play a game where you only have to fart so the opponent falls over, then play another game. There are games, all you have to do is press a button and the fight ends automatically.

I don't understand the problem. Not really. Your just have to take care a little bit more than before. The red circles are evil ones, your should always have known. Also that you should not pull everything is clear.
That should be basic requirements, even someone who has never played realizes that at some point.

So what's the problem?

Is it because the companion does not flatten everything while you're sitting on the loo.

So, here I'll jump out, otherwise I'll say something for what I could be banned.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

juliushorst
11.17.2019 , 12:47 PM | #99
So I made a new character soon after the expansion started and I'm in the process of leveling that character. I think many people miss the point. It's not that the open world part became harder. It became longer and more boring as I expected. Everything takes slightly longer to kill but at no point (four starter planets, story quest, subquests, heroics, story flashpoints for travel to capitol and Revan substories) I felt at risk of dying (I'm quite happy about it because returning from med center = more wasted time on top of time wasted killing mobs).
So, the game with all the changes did not became harder, it became grindier and more boring - that's why my new character isn't fully leveled yet, it just burns me out faster.
Fortunately everything is back to normal at lvl 75, with tactical and set bonus.
I would conclude the expansion is rather unfriendly to newcomers, old players should feel ok after the initial slog of leveling all alts.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

Slowpokeking
11.17.2019 , 12:54 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Yria View Post
Playing the game the way it was not intended to be played is not "having a choice". It is supposed to be played with gear, companions and certain abilities. Besides, you do have a choice: learn to play. Oh, right, you don't want to. Well, if you don't want to change your playstyle to get through solo content why should I, or anyone else who disagrees with you? You are the one who started this whole "take off your gear, dismiss your companion" thing, don't try to spin it back at me. What you are saying in this tread is, basically, that the game should be designed in a way that makes it fun to play for you personally, everyone else be damned. Shouldn't come as a surprise that many people won't agree with that stance.

And no, I don't want to do challenging group content. Again, I'm not a hardcore player. I want solo content to be fun, and to me "fun" means "without scary sith lord bosses dying in 8 seconds after I used a single slah and a blade barrage".
What do you mean intended? Good games all offer freedom, there are even achievement ask you to do something under special circumstances. Is any of my suggestion violate the rule of SWTOR? If not why is it a problem? As long as it doesn't violate the rules of the game, it's part of the playing style.

Then enjoy your current play, you have your option to do so, why being lazy?

My Referral Code.