Wither not adding a stack of harnessed darkness?....

Skitlz

Wither when used isnt adding a stack of harnessed darkness like the talent says it does. Makes it pretty much pointless because if it did, you could get 3 stacks within around 7 second and be able to use your chainlightning for alot more dmg. Plz fix this!!!

well looks like ill be speccing out of wither then. its pointless to have. death field in madness does more dmg and has more range, only thing wither has worth in pvp is an aoe slow and thats minimal sinc with 30m on deathfield u can stop caps from range instantly. back to 23/0/18 then

What am I missing about Death Field versus Wither?

On my fresh 50, I see Death Field hitting for 950ish while Wither hits for 850...

yet:

Wither hits 5 vs 3 targets

Wither is on a 7.5 second cd

Wither has high threat (exactly how much I dont know, I assume 50% for high and 100% for very high - but could be 25/50).

So, what makes Death Field more powerful as an aoe tanking tool?

What am I missing about Death Field versus Wither?

On my fresh 50, I see Death Field hitting for 950ish while Wither hits for 850...

yet:

Wither hits 5 vs 3 targets

Wither is on a 7.5 second cd

Wither has high threat (exactly how much I dont know, I assume 50% for high and 100% for very high - but could be 25/50).

So, what makes Death Field more powerful as an aoe tanking tool?

Nothing.

Re-read the posts. He's talking about PvP utility. He uses DF to interrupt captures on Voidstar and ACW.

Edited by hikotai

Plus deathfield crits, mine used to crit for 4k, my wither crits for 2k.... But I do like the AOE slow and lowering their damage by 5%. But mainly its hard to not have this amazing force lightning, 15% health and 8k damage, yes sir!

I will trying out this build later today

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMkzMskrZoZf0cRM.1

Edited by DarthNorik

Wither never procced HD nor was it intended to. It's a recent tooltip change that mistakenly made it over from test. Stop spreading misinformation.

Not everyone knows this - I certainly didn't. It's not "spreading misinformation" if the tooltip says it should proc with Wither and it doesn't - it's a typo/issue. Raised an issue, got an answer, simples.

the tooltip is wrong. They never fixed it but wither doesn't proc hardness darkness anymore.

No. Until tooltip is like that it is a BUG, not tooltip mistake. Wither ought to proc HD.

Also Assassinate NEVER procs Energize, ever.

Wither never procced HD nor was it intended to. It's a recent tooltip change that mistakenly made it over from test. Stop spreading misinformation.

Did they say it was an unintended tooltip change? Because a few tooltips changed. The Induction talent description in Deception tree changed as well. It still works the same as it always did, but the tooltip says it requires Surging Charge.

The thing is, I don't think Bioware said anything about this, one way or the other.

There's two schools of thought on this right now:

1. The tooltips changed on purpose or accidentally, but they do reflect the upcoming changes.

2. The tooltips changed as a bug, and no such changes are coming.

At this point, until Bioware develops those communication skills, all we can do is guess. It can go either way, I think. If tooltips revert back next patch, we'll know. If not, we'll just have to wait and see.

i didnt know, never played that spec. When you read a talent tooltip and it says something, it can sway your decision on a spec. No way i would have known, however since thats not hte fact wither is next to useless in pvp now when compared to deathfield in madness. The fact i thought i could get 3 stacks of harnessed darkness in a very short period of time, made me think alot more burst damage and self heals quicker as well.

i didnt know, never played that spec. When you read a talent tooltip and it says something, it can sway your decision on a spec. No way i would have known, however since thats not hte fact wither is next to useless in pvp now when compared to deathfield in madness. The fact i thought i could get 3 stacks of harnessed darkness in a very short period of time, made me think alot more burst damage and self heals quicker as well.

It would be silly if it procced for each enemy hit... (Some things do, such as Recklessness stacks. A single Death Field can consume both of them... and do massive damage in the process) More likely it would only add one per cast, but that would still be awesome since it lets you actually pull max Harnessed Darkness in pvp in a reasonable timeframe... (On a side note, do chain shock procs add extra stacks?)