Exar Kun vs Darth Bane

BrandonSM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wins..?

Exar Kun.

Exar Kun in his time couldn't even really truly be defeated. He was basically sealed in his temple where he performed a ritual to take the life of his warriors so he could survive after death. In his time he was one of the greatest duelists and was very strong in the force capable of releasing force blasts that could even puncture holes in ships. Exar Kun also defeated some of the greatest Jedi in his day. I'm just paraphrasing here.

Then as a Spirit he managed with the help of Kyp, a promising young pupil in Luke's academy, managed to put Luke Skywalker into a com. Kyp at the time was still a student. Sure, he tapped into kyp's reserves but that's not the point. This is grandmaster Luke Skywalker we're talking here.

He turned another student to ash (while a spirit), mind controlled another to try to kill the unconcious Luke, mind controlled many of the beasts in the surrounding area, tossed Corran around like a rag doll, and was in the process of rebuilding his body before he was exercised. Supposedly, if he managed to rebuild his body he'd be far stronger than ever before.

Needless to say Exar Kun was quite powerful indeed. Even as a ghost he was causing problems. In life no one could take him one on one.

Bane without the orbalisk will be at a huge disadvantage. Exar Kun was a master of Sith Lore, alchemy, and creating artifacts. He was also very well versed in the use of rituals. These things Bane was admittedly, not very good at. You can argue Bane's prowess with a Lightsaber and he did take on some great duelists but he had trouble. Exar Kun had no rival. Not in the slightest. Even if you give them a tie in saber duel. His mastery of the force was better. Even with the Orbalisks, bane admittedly didn't think, and would just plow through things with his armor's protection.

Kun's ability to release force blasts would likely blow Bane away or at least deliver enough crushing force to seriously wound him. Given his amazing ability in saber combat as well means that Bane wouldn't simply be able to dodge his attacks either. I don't think Bane stands much of a chance here.

Edited by Rhyltran

Exar Kun.

Exar Kun in his time couldn't even really truly be defeated. He was basically sealed in his temple where he performed a ritual to take the life of his warriors so he could survive after death. In his time he was one of the greatest duelists and was very strong in the force capable of releasing force blasts that could even puncture holes in ships. Exar Kun also defeated some of the greatest Jedi in his day. I'm just paraphrasing here.

Then as a Spirit he managed with the help of Kyp, a promising young pupil in Luke's academy, managed to put Luke Skywalker into a com. Kyp at the time was still a student. Sure, he tapped into kyp's reserves but that's not the point. This is grandmaster Luke Skywalker we're talking here.

He turned another student to ash (while a spirit), mind controlled another to try to kill the unconcious Luke, mind controlled many of the beasts in the surrounding area, tossed Corran around like a rag doll, and was in the process of rebuilding his body before he was exercised. Supposedly, if he managed to rebuild his body he'd be far stronger than ever before.

Needless to say Exar Kun was quite powerful indeed. Even as a ghost he was causing problems. In life no one could take him one on one.

Bane without the orbalisk will be at a huge disadvantage. Exar Kun was a master of Sith Lore, alchemy, and creating artifacts. He was also very well versed in the use of rituals. These things Bane was admittedly, not very good at. You can argue Bane's prowess with a Lightsaber and he did take on some great duelists but he had trouble. Exar Kun had no rival. Not in the slightest. Even if you give them a tie in saber duel. His mastery of the force was better. Even with the Orbalisks, bane admittedly didn't think, and would just plow through things with his armor's protection.

Kun's ability to release force blasts would likely blow Bane away or at least deliver enough crushing force to seriously wound him. Given his amazing ability in saber combat as well means that Bane wouldn't simply be able to dodge his attacks either. I don't think Bane stands much of a chance here.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Kun was the greatest of his time, and he had the style and brash arrogance to back up his immense power.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Kun was the greatest of his time, and he had the style and brash arrogance to back up his immense power.

In all honesty based on what I read. Kun is like.. Bane's saber skill (or better) and Zannah's sith sorcery.

Edited by Rhyltran

Don't cite Exar Kun's destruction of Gantoris as a reason without mentioning Bane's feat against the cultists on Prakith when he grabbed Andeddu's holocron (the death field).

Also, his lightning is probably second to Sidious...

He was also extremely skilled against opponents with double-bladed sabers like Kun's, based on his training with Kas'im.

Don't cite Exar Kun's destruction of Gantoris as a reason without mentioning Bane's feat against the cultists on Prakith when he grabbed Andeddu's holocron (the death field).

Also, his lightning is probably second to Sidious...

He was also extremely skilled against opponents with double-bladed sabers like Kun's, based on his training with Kas'im.

The difference is that when a Sith dies and they become a spirit they're far weaker than they were in life. The fact that you're comparing what he did as a spirit to someone who is still living is.. well..

Anyway, Bane has not displayed the same power with Sith Lightning as Galen Marek. Not to mention Exar Kun could make force blasts that can tear through the hull of ships. That's a lot more damaging than Bane's lightning.

The difference is that when a Sith dies and they become a spirit they're far weaker than they were in life. The fact that you're comparing what he did as a spirit to someone who is still living is.. well..

Anyway, Bane has not displayed the same power with Sith Lightning as Galen Marek. Not to mention Exar Kun could make force blasts that can tear through the hull of ships. That's a lot more damaging than Bane's lightning.

This.

Pssh, I'm not good at matching things cut me some slack.

the thread is made and most agree Kun wins.

I actually was going to make another thread Kun vs Windu, but two Vs Threads in one day is a little annoying...

Edited by BrandonSM

Darth Nihilus is not even close to a powerful sith.

honesty people just like Nihilus of his looks.

I completely disagree, Nihilus had both extremely strong force hunger and he could cut his opponents off from the force, Meetra only just defeated him after he fed off of a dead Telos, reducing his strength, feeding off of another Wound, whilst having his connection to the force disrupted by Visas, you should seriously read up on Nihilus and not just play KotOR II.

I completely disagree, Nihilus had both extremely strong force hunger and he could cut his opponents off from the force, Meetra only just defeated him after he fed off of a dead Telos, reducing his strength, feeding off of another Wound, whilst having his connection to the force disrupted by Visas, you should seriously read up on Nihilus and not just play KotOR II.

his force hunger was unstable due that fact he fed on force users for so long the more he feed on force the more powerful his hunger becomes.

in fact anyone who was wound in force could becomes like nihilus.

his force hunger was unstable due that fact he fed on force users for so long the more he feed on force the more powerful his hunger becomes.

Please give me a list of wounds in the force.

He was still the only person who just did it and regularly, to the point where anyone with force sensitivity was just eaten, regardless of power, only very few in the whole EU could use force hunger and even fewer could resist it.