Scoundrel PVE dps fix?

TSwizzle

I have only time to have made one level 50 scoundrel toon so far and I am extremely disappointing how I can't play my favorite class in the role I want. PVP the scrapper build is fine, enough sustained dps and easy ability to stun / run behind foes to cause some good damage.

PVE-wise I was forcefully pushed into being a healer if I wanted to get into any hm/nightmare ops just because full rakata scoundrel could barely or not even out dps a columi grade sentinel or other dps class. Plus the overly needy positioning of a scoundrel in PVE is ridiculous. Must be within four meters and behind the target to do max dps. Scoundrels also have no jump or ability to get get closer to targets so its either walk slowly to catch up to the boss or dig into cover and deal with even less dps. I myself don't mind healing so much, but I could say I enjoy dps a lot more. Now I'm forced to re-roll to play a PVE dps class and unfortunately I just don't have the time.

My Operative with a Columi Gun and a Tionese dagger is pushing 1400 dps without a stim. Armor is a bit all over the place. Has some rakata, has like black hole ear piece but one of the implants is like a level 48 epic...

Their DPS is more than fine. Utility could use a small buff but any class that is not named Sniper/Slinger or Mara/Sent has this problem.

Edited by pureeffinmetal

Like the above poster stated - learn to play your class and build your gear and you'll out dps 90% of the other people out there who think they're cool being dps with 22k hp.

Right but in ops where people know their stuff it's clear that Scoundrels have a disadvantage.

I do actually know my class. As above said if you get into high operations and rakata+ gear there's absolutely no reason why you should be there as a dps when other classes not only out dps me, but bring more utility.

Honestly I would rather bring a GOOD scoundrel/op to a raid instead of a sent purely because every guy and his dog is rolling one now. For anything under HM EC I don't care about sent's, and depending on who is coming to a HM raid i'd much rather have to push everyone to make up for the loss in inspiration then to have a sent since once again I'm sick of seeing everyone roll sents.

I'll take the 8 or 16 most skilled players, could care less about class.

And like I said. Snipers and Marauders out utility everyone because there is no such thing as off healing in this game.

If you wish to have a raid full of nothing but htose 2 classes for DPS, fine. But I can also tell you the content in this game is no so hard that you have to class stack to be successful.

If you want to reroll than so be it. But scoundrel DPS is fine and perfectly capable.

The only thing I would change is the sustained dps. Scoundrels and ops rely to much on burst dps, and often get gimped by the lack of a decent resource recovery ability other then Pugnacity and Cool Head. Something like flurry of bolts should add additional energy each time it's used simmilar to cobra shot and steady shot does for hunters in WoW.

The only thing I would change is the sustained dps. Scoundrels and ops rely to much on burst dps, and often get gimped by the lack of a decent resource recovery ability other then Pugnacity and Cool Head. Something like flurry of bolts should add additional energy each time it's used simmilar to cobra shot and steady shot does for hunters in WoW.

So you want sustained dps on a class that has above average/great burst?

Edited by vojinsa

• 2 weeks later...
I'll take the 8 or 16 most skilled players, could care less about class.

And like I said. Snipers and Marauders out utility everyone because there is no such thing as off healing in this game.

If you wish to have a raid full of nothing but htose 2 classes for DPS, fine. But I can also tell you the content in this game is no so hard that you have to class stack to be successful.

If you want to reroll than so be it. But scoundrel DPS is fine and perfectly capable.

Don't you mean to say you couldn't care less?

It's amazing people say "Could care less" and don't even realize how stupid they sound for saying the opposite of what they really feel.

Edited by Xanikk

• 1 month later...
Honestly I would rather bring a GOOD scoundrel/op to a raid instead of a sent purely because every guy and his dog is rolling one now. For anything under HM EC I don't care about sent's, and depending on who is coming to a HM raid i'd much rather have to push everyone to make up for the loss in inspiration then to have a sent since once again I'm sick of seeing everyone roll sents.

pathetic word "would"....... yes, i *would* bring them, if i could .... but you can't since DPS operative is already myth.

I play Lethality DPS op from game start, because i love it for the looks, story and for being best class for soloing. And i play solo lots not being in guild.

But for party up it is not good.

I stopped queue in PVE finder, since ppl used to drop it when saw DPS operative ( i rather do PVE with sniper or jugg tank now). And while PVEing as sniper etc, i didn't meet DPS Leth. Ops as far as i can remember.

In last month (and maybe more) i did *NOT* met DPS Lethality operative in warzones either. I met few concealment Ops from time to time, but that's it.

If this is not indication something's wrong, then i don't know what else is.

My Operative with a Columi Gun and a Tionese dagger is pushing 1400 dps without a stim. Armor is a bit all over the place. Has some rakata, has like black hole ear piece but one of the implants is like a level 48 epic...

Their DPS is more than fine. Utility could use a small buff but any class that is not named Sniper/Slinger or Mara/Sent has this problem.

The number here says nothing 1,4 k on dummy / real fight? HM FP? Which boss? Dummy says nothing considering like knockbacks + slow is almost standard for bosses now.