I'm a crappy pug

Targetboy

I hope this awesome thread of 'I'm a crappy pug,' stays mod-free. Feel free to add your observations.

Basic PvP Tips:

I count 7 other green players, but only 1 red; should I be here or somewhere else?

v----- Next Pro tip -----v

Edited by Targetboy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I count 7 other green players, but only 1 red; should I be here or somewhere else?

Ah thats simple.

We chase that red guy with 7 people - lose the other node in the meantime and than flame the solo defender at the other node.

Such a Noob!

Edited by Sabredance

Make sure to keep talking to your 1 other guildmate on voice comms, and never type anything at all in ops chat.

Also, the best healers switch to dps when their huttball carrier is being beat on by 6 enemy players, but everyone knows that.

im defending a node, im loosing, let me die before i call for help cause i cant type when im in combat!

And also when i see the ball carrier in the pit in huttball let me immediately stand on the edge so he can jump to me and score, my dps will stop a tank Juggernaut with 2 healers on him

Never look at your mini-map.

In fact you should just turn it off, it will only distract you.

If you outnumber the enemy, you're just that good.

All the rest of them are like waiting on respawn timers and stuff.

When you see enemy healers with marks on them, don't worry about it.

That means someone else is taking care of it already.

If someones health keeps going up every time you try to damage them, you just have to try harder.

When you try to activate an objective and someone interrupts you, just ignore them.

Keep re-activating, soon they'll loose interest and go away.

Edited by Voranis

Although there is a 4 on 4 raging around me, although AOEs are everywhere, although I have a snipers target locking in on me.... I'm going to keep trying to cap that turret, no matter how many times I'm hit. You never know, the opposing team might suddenly lose connection, and I'll get to claim the cap!

i dont see the big deal about killing healers. if i have the dps to kill a healer, surely i can dps down someone that the healer is healing.

ill go ahead can cap right along with you. yes, i know it doesnt make it faster, but it means that red guy running will have twice as hard a time stopping us.

stun the carrier stun the carrier stun the carrier stun the carrier!!! damn, didnt work.... why doesnt somebody grapple him?

Edited by LilTsar

Sure, I see you trying to plant on Voidstar... But rather than going back and trying to CC at spawn, I'm going to sit next to you and plant too. Who knows, maybe your cat will bump your mouse and force you off the plant... I can get credit for the plant!

Oh, look - there is an enemy guy just standing 50 meters away from the turret I am defending and he is scared to come fight me. I'll show him how this is played...chaaaaaarge... (8 seconds later - enemy stealther captures turret). Guys...totally not my fault...

Hey, all 7 went to middle turret at the start of Civil War. I am a bit behind, but I will follow them too, because I don't want them to think I am a noob straying away from the collective.

Hey, someone says in chat 'west 1". I know he is 1 at west, I see him on my map. All 7 of us at mid see him on our maps. Oh, now he says "west 2". He must be drinking and seeing himself double. All 7 of us are still here in mid. What? Now he just types "4". Man, this guy has the worst graphical glitch ever. (turret lost)...Hey, noob, why you don't defend the turret? Oh, he just quit the Warzone. Probably ashamed of his failure.

Dammit with those nerfs to my Vanguard. I can't kill people from range. And now that Assassin ball carrier is right there in our pit. Let me just pull him up with my Harpoon to close the distance and show him who is boss around here...Hey, using Force speed is unfair, stay here...noob...

What do you mean you had him Flashbanged into the Fire Hazard? I got a Jump/Ranged skill, I am gonna use it whenever I please. Learn to play your class and dont tell me how to play mine.

Nobody can escape my vigilant eye of a hawk. I see all, I defend all. And my front and camera are totally not on the turret/door. I mean, there is no way anyone can sneak behind me and capture, right?...Right? Whaddayamean we lost it a minute ago, I was here the whole time and saw nobody.

Edited by Yun_Gemstone

Heard in the 50 bracket:

(Novare Coast)

Someone: Why are you leaving east to go west?

Recruit Assasin: Been doing this everytime and it always works

Same someone: ......... and left

(Had to inspect that guy and took a wild guess he just came from pre 50 bracket, he got rolled over by the defender)

It takes at least 4 of us to cap a node in Civil War. Those turret controls are big!

I'm going to watch you plant the bomb in Voidstar from way over here. That way when the enemy respawns and zergs you, I won't be in the way.

I don't want the huttball. That thing is heavy, and it slows me down. Plus, people shoot me.

Stealth is awesome! I can just sit here and watch those three guys kick your *** and they don't even see me!

Oh no, that guy is about to score! Here, watch. I'll CC him a few times, that'll stop him!

Edited by TheronFett

Some red guy is caping our mid turret with no one to interrupt but me? Well someone definitely will come and interrupt while i'll just completely ignore it and go to enemy turret on the left and heroically solo cap it, because there is no way it is guarded by a stealther.

There is a sniper with a ball crawling forward and attacked by 6 ppl while i stand right outside the pass range, i should not move anywhere and attack any enemy that this sniper flashbanged or rooted, because snipers are awesome ball carriers and with me helping... bah, he died, he should have passed to someone.

For 5 minutes I am fighting a guy, who is already at 99% health (thanks to my awesome damage), i will continue to do so, because there is surely no better target anywhere near.

Oh look, there is an empty node at the west i should go and cap it, surely everyone will praise my efforts because here at the east node i am just standing alone and not useful fo my team.

There is this one guy attacking me in huttball, i'll make sure and kill him before I pass it to one of my teammates open for an easy score.

Oh dear, 2 more enemies have leaped to me, i'm sure I can defeat them and then pass it to my buddy who are is 15 meters from the end zone

Great, now they are asking why I didn't pass. I tell them "I was trying the whole time!"

When you try to activate an objective and someone interrupts you, just ignore them.

Keep re-activating, soon they'll loose interest and go away.

Actually I do that alot on Voidstar, keep planting the bomb regardless of getting attacked and interrupted. And it actually works sometimes.

The idea is that you keep on planting the bomb and eventually your team will kill the enemies interrupting you. Works with me alot of the time.

(No seriously I'm not joking it does actually work sometimes :D)

Edited by Chlomamf

We have mid capped in CW and well defended. We should all rush right up to their landing pad and kill them as they come off the platform, because obviously there's no way they can get anyone behind us to cap the turret that we are no longer paying any attention to.

Well I can give some pro tips for each WZ.

Huttball: When the other team score do not go to middle make sure the 2 players at your goal line die after scoring making sure there are at least 6 of you doing it so they pay for what they have just done.

Voidstar: When there are two opponents on your door and 6 of you make sure that you all kill them together, if the other side were in trouble they'd definitely call out the other 6 enemy players must be hiding or something they definitely aren't trying to cap the other door.

Civil War: If the other team caps two the game is over go farm medals on the one you hold. If you get 2 immediately try and win the other one as well as the other team are obviously rubbish and will never come back.

Novare: (And number one pro tip) If you have south and east for example and someone calls east everyone needs to go. Once you have killed all that is there the 7 that went must run to south immediately. Rinse and Repeat Please note the solo guy on east (or west) who is definitely not farming medals must tell the team how bad or good they are throughout the warzone as they can see absolutely everything and are probably the best player in the team.

Keep it pro

In HB, when my team mate has the ball, I stick right by them with my DPS. I'm obviously good enough to take down 8 enemy players before all 8 of them beating on the ball carrier can take him out. Whatever I do, I definitely do *not* run ahead for a pass. That would just leave my guy vulnerable to being killed.

[Edited this to use the "my", "I", phrasing instead of "your", "you" - just because I noticed some people write one way, some the other... I wonder if it's a subtle hint at which side of the "bad pug" group we think we are on? :) ]

Edited by Banderal