What Level to Start Solo'ing Heroics/FP's???

revansowns

Hey guys.

I am not a new player, been around since launch. However, I've been looking to change up my leveling process. I've seen that a lot of people tend to solo Flashpoints and Heroics to avoid the planet side quests on some tunes. I was going to try this as well, but how many levels should I be above the Heroic/Flashpoint to solo it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas

:D

Depends.

Most H2s can be soloed at level, provided you/companion have decent gear and you play smart.

As a rule, H4s usually 5-10 levels above, but you're not going to get much experience (if any) then.

FPs are a mixed bag. But soloing them is never worth the experience. Really only do it to get a shell you like.

It also helps if you are soloing with a class that has CC and/or stealth. I say this because really you want to solo missions you get experience from. Nothing worse than running into a mob with an elite, 2 strongs and a bunch of weak/standards waiting to attack you. Makes it worse if it's a champion. Even 5 levels above you can be taken out by them. At least if you have a valid CC or stealth you can skip certain content or at least get to the bosses you need to fight to ensure you're not constantly dying.

I solo the group content with my alts. I wouldn't recommend doing content that's 5 levels or more below you. You'll get significantly reduced xp from that.

It really comes down to gearing. Once you've played through the game a couple times, you should have a pretty strong understanding of what types of companions are the best for each class and how to gear yourself and your companions properly. Be prepared to supplement your quest rewards with some cash spent on the GTN to keep your gear top notch. Always be using a main hand weapon with at least a blue hilt/barrel within 2 levels of your own (same rule for your companion).

It's also alot easier to solo with certain classes than others. For heroics, being able to heal and CC is probably the easiest. Being a well geared tank with a well geared healing companion is also good. Well geared dps with healing companion is also good (better still if you have CC). I don't solo flashpoints, but probably playing a healer with a tank companion would be most viable for that.

Keep in mind that there are some H4's in act 3 that cannot be solo'd at level because they're just tuned too tough. At this point in the game, the developers figure you've learned your class fairly well and so they're a little tougher on some of this top group content (The very last H4 you get on Belsavis, and 2 of the H4's on the Hoth bonus series come to mind).

I solo the group content with my alts. I wouldn't recommend doing content that's 5 levels or more below you. You'll get significantly reduced xp from that.

You don't get less xp from being 5 levels above a mission , it's just you won't level up as quick doing so. The xp stays the same until you are 6 and a half levels above the required , in which case you get 5 xp for completing said mission/s.

As to the OP , well it depends on which H2 , H4 or flashpoint you are talking about really. Say for instance Courscant , you can do The Face Merchants H2 in the black sun area , really at quite low level , now if you only use 1 character , then you will be done with the planet in next to no time, If you use a few characters on a daily basis then you could sit one character doing that mission once a day and get to level 18 ( it's a level 11 mission and at 18 you get 5 xp for completion ). Then you have the problem of finishing off your class quests. The justicars section actually still gives you xp after you reach 18 so maybe a mixture is good.

Another example would be tatooine , i actually sit my characters for about 2 weeks on that planet doing H2's on a daily basis , mind you I learned that leaving tatooine at level 35 might be a bit high as i then only gained just over a level and a half for doing the whole of Alderaan , did it without breaking a sweat though , which was nice.

Cheers,

BadOrb.