Nice loot, Bioware

Master looter on? Cause if so... there are several threads on this forum about the issues with it. If you're in charge of loot for your guild then you should consider researching these things. Edited by Talorra

Master looter on? Cause if so... there are several threads on this forum about the issues with it. If you're in charge of loot for your guild then you should consider researching these things.

This.

Round Robin seems to work the best right now.

Off topic: How do you have 25k HP's? I am full Rakata minus 2 pieces on my Guardian, specced 14/27 and I sit at 23.1k fully buffed.

On topic: Take off Master Looter, the loot will be somewhat better. The problem will be at that point is multiple drops of the same item. If you get 2 Jedi Sage weapons, you won't be able to reliably give them to 2 different sages. The game can give the same person both, even if one needs 1st, passes 2nd, and the other does the reverse.

Off topic: How do you have 25k HP's? I am full Rakata minus 2 pieces on my Guardian, specced 14/27 and I sit at 23.1k fully buffed.

On topic: Take off Master Looter, the loot will be somewhat better. The problem will be at that point is multiple drops of the same item. If you get 2 Jedi Sage weapons, you won't be able to reliably give them to 2 different sages. The game can give the same person both, even if one needs 1st, passes 2nd, and the other does the reverse.

Stims.

Loot only one and wait until everybody finished rolling for it. Problem solved

Master looter on? Cause if so... there are several threads on this forum about the issues with it. If you're in charge of loot for your guild then you should consider researching these things.

ROFL, you should have to research a game mechanic that's supposed to work before you play the game?!?!?!?

fanboi much?

my guild learned the hard way-a bunch of us couldn't loot items assigned to us from chest-which we submitted tickets on 6 days ago and still haven't received a reply for.....

needless to say, we don't use ML anymore but maybe, just maybe if BW knows it's broken, THEY SHOULDN'T LET PEOPLE USE IT???

but fanboi's will say people should research.....pathetic....

ROFL, you should have to research a game mechanic that's supposed to work before you play the game?!?!?!?

fanboi much?

my guild learned the hard way-a bunch of us couldn't loot items assigned to us from chest-which we submitted tickets on 6 days ago and still haven't received a reply for.....

needless to say, we don't use ML anymore but maybe, just maybe if BW knows it's broken, THEY SHOULDN'T LET PEOPLE USE IT???

The fix for that is you assign master looter to the person who has gear assigned and they can loot it. Same goes for everyone else in the group. Just keep passing master looter to those that have the gear assigned to them. Waiting on BW to fix it is gonna be a long wait.

The way i handle loot is round robin. then i loot the chest/corpse wothout auto loot. Then i check for duplicate pieces, if two trooper gloves drop and we have two troopers i just bring one up at a time both troppers need and the on that loses gets the next pair. Also i dont have people pass on loot, i dont know if it still is but it used to be bugged so that you got loot still that you passed on so i ahve everyone greed what they dont want.

fanboi much?

So your raid team shows up blind to ops and doesn't read any strats?

Not a "fanboi." I'm a guild logistics officer who likes to see his raid team get the gear they worked for. They did their homework on the fights, why shouldn't I do mine on handling loot?

So your raid team shows up blind to ops and doesn't read any strats?

Not a "fanboi." I'm a guild logistics officer who likes to see his raid team get the gear they worked for. They did their homework on the fights, why shouldn't I do mine on handling loot?

Something wrong with figuring stuff out yourself? I play the game to have fun, reading already developed strategies is having someone figure the answer out to a problem. That's boring. In addition, I agree with the earlier person. This should just work, the game has been out for a month and a half and looting still isn't working as it should. You SHOULD NOT have to research forums for basic everyday things that should work.

I am Shadow and mostly Columi and running fully buffed 23.8k

My bet same reply we got the first time we did this. Automated Sorry we are working on it will be fixed at later date CLOSED.

Edited by Rejectoo

Something wrong with figuring stuff out yourself? I play the game to have fun, reading already developed strategies is having someone figure the answer out to a problem. That's boring. In addition, I agree with the earlier person. This should just work, the game has been out for a month and a half and looting still isn't working as it should. You SHOULD NOT have to research forums for basic everyday things that should work.

No, nothing wrong with that at all. All of our strats are written in house. We figured it out and we posted them for review before fights. They are an ongoing discussion as we find better ways around a fight. It is a lot of fun!

That being said, there are a lot of things that don't work as they should in end-game right now. You can save yourself and your team a lot of headache by running a quick search here. I am not suggesting that you spoon feed your raid team a pre-defined win mode either. The master looter issue has been around for a while. The first thing I did when I saw the patch note about it was search amd see if anyone had confirmed the fix. It wasn't confirmed and we stuck with the system we had been using. Great loots were enjoyed by all.

Yes, it should be working. Once it is confirmed to work I will switch over to ML.

Edited by Talorra

If something doesn't work the way you think it's supposed to, a cursory forum search is generally the first step to take to make sure if it's a bug or working as intended.

Nobody says that this is a good thing, but it is a fact of life right now. It doesn't take much of a forum search at all to learn this information, given the fact that there's been three threads on this issue on the first page of this forum for the last few weeks.

workaround: Pass master looter to the person who cannot loot the assigned item, have them grab the item, then pass master looter to the next person.

The most frustrating aspect of this game is that I have to alt-tab to the forums 5 times a night to find workarounds for bugs...but at least workarounds exist.

Let's look at two groups:

Group 1: Kills boss, loot drops, but group cannot grab the loot. Players stand around and pout, but ultimately leave the instance without getting the loot.\

Group 2: Kills boss, sees the loot but cannot grab it. Player alt-tabs to forums and figures out how to work around the bug. Players leave instance with the loot.

Which group is more pathetic? Hint: It's not the group that actually got loot.

Group 1: Kills boss, loot drops, but group cannot grab the loot. Players stand around and pout, but ultimately leave the instance without getting the loot.\

Group 2: Kills boss, sees the loot but cannot grab it. Player alt-tabs to forums and figures out how to work around the bug. Players leave instance with the loot.

+1. Well played sir.

Standing around and pouting is better than proactively looking for a solution.

Is that in your guilds mission statement?

This includes the Blue Fort stim, I still sit at 23.1k. Oh well, no biggie I guess. Guardians are the worst of the 3 tanks anyway, so I shouldn't be surprised since BW is clueless about specs.

Assassin gear has more endurance on it than warrior. Most likely he augmented for endurance as well rather than the secondary stats.

Edited by Shedari