Obsidian "Potential for KOTOR III"

-Davarian-

If you liked KOTOR II more than KOTOR I then you're wrong. lol.

KOTOR II had a lot of potential and honestly if they'd have finished and polished it, it would probably be a much better overall than KOTOR I, but they didn't and it wasn't.

Ironically all the problems of KOTOR II (lack of polish, rushed out before ready) are the same things that caused SWTOR to have such a sub par first year.

Nope, you're wrong. Get back to me when you don't have such a terrible opinion.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how that book and this game destroyed Exile and T-3 and even HK!

Exile and T-3 deserved way better :mad:

HK-47 is not dead. No matter what happens or does not happen in this game, he still reappears (did reappear) in SWG, planet mustafar I think. Ofcourse since SWG is gone, they are free to wipe that part of lore if they wish :)

If you liked KOTOR II more than KOTOR I then you're wrong. lol.

KOTOR II had a lot of potential and honestly if they'd have finished and polished it, it would probably be a much better overall than KOTOR I, but they didn't and it wasn't.

Ironically all the problems of KOTOR II (lack of polish, rushed out before ready) are the same things that caused SWTOR to have such a sub par first year.

KOTOR 2 is much better than KOTOR 1. KOTOR 1 is just generic light vs dark, save the princess, defeat the evildoer BS.

]

These guys butchered the Old Republic timeline into a OT knock-off with their jedi purge (how very original, the last of the jedi has never been done before) and it took TOR jumping 300 years to reboot it back to why it was fleshed out in the first place - thousands of jedi v sith.

People talking out there ***, lol. Bioware were the ones who started the jedi purge in lore.

The book Revan was very well written IMO, and it covered everything that they planned for KOTOR3 (wraps up the "where did Revan go" and "what happened to the Exile" stories).

Drew Karpyshyn might not be the great writer of JRR Tolkien caliber, but his books (Darth Bane trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy, Revan, Annihilation,etc) and his work as writer on many BioWare games are pretty great.

You've missed the point, Drew did not use the Exile in his book, he used her name, and her past, but the character was not the Exile. The Exile was tough, did not complain, just got on with the job, and had uniques abilities, Drew's version was a whiny middle aged nobody with nothing special about them, completely different.

HK-47 is not dead. No matter what happens or does not happen in this game, he still reappears (did reappear) in SWG, planet mustafar I think. Ofcourse since SWG is gone, they are free to wipe that part of lore if they wish :)

Didn't say he died lol Just saying he deserved a better fate than being Malgus's ßitch.

You've missed the point, Drew did not use the Exile in his book, he used her name, and her past, but the character was not the Exile. The Exile was tough, did not complain, just got on with the job, and had uniques abilities, Drew's version was a whiny middle aged nobody with nothing special about them, completely different.

Mind explaining how so? I did never get the feeling that Meetra is a weak and whiny in the book.

• i think that the only time Exile complained in the book was when she was forced to wear the slave outfit. And she cringed when she saw how slaves were treated, just like any LS Jedi would. That she cringes on Nalthema is not a sign of weakness, as the complete abesnce of the Force affects all living being connected to the Force severely.
  • The game said she was a loyal follower of Revan and that she adored him (like many Jedi from his group did). She does that in the book.
  • The game says exile was a great tactician and leader of troops. Book states that.
  • The game describes how she won the Battle of Malachor V and that she left to face the judgment of the Order. The books says she did so.
  • Her unique ability in game is to create powerful Force bonds, not much else (unless I am mistaken, I have not played TSLRCM in quite some time). Otherwise, she was "simply" a powerful Jedi warrior, just like many others, with some unique perspective on how dumb some of Order's rules are, who affected some event. Her ability of Force Bonding is not really explained in the book, but she still is a powerful, respected Jedi who thinks that some Order rules are dumb.

[*]The game said she was a loyal follower of Revan and that she adored him (like many Jedi from his group did). She does that in the book.

No, it didn't. Quite the contrary.

[*]Her unique ability in game is to create powerful Force bonds, not much else (unless I am mistaken, I have not played TSLRCM in quite some time). Otherwise, she was "simply" a powerful Jedi warrior, just like many others, with some unique perspective on how dumb some of Order's rules are, who affected some event. Her ability of Force Bonding is not really explained in the book, but she still is a powerful, respected Jedi who thinks that some Order rules are dumb.

Not at all. Her 'unique ability' was that she survived without the Force. Left the Force and still lived, like Kreia. The masters couldn't do that. Sion couldn't do that. No, just the Exile. Her Force Bonding is more leeching than actual bonding Revan and Bastila had in KOTOR2. Basically being a minor version of what Nihilus and the Sith Assassins do.

I suppose the book threw that completely of the table, right?

No, it didn't. Quite the contrary.

Yes it did, did you even play the game? If you unlocked all of HK-47's dialogue he will tell you that. And that the reason why Revan kept the Exile around was because the Exile followed his every command. Being the loyal general and all.

I played the game... A LOT.

And that... is not what HK-47 tells you.

Yes, he does tell you that, Time for you to replay it and pay attention to the dialogue. HK-47 even tells the Exile that Revan looked down on her, along with other things like Revan using the Exile for manipulation to get back at the Jedi Council.

Edited by Girdeux

Girduex no he didn't: Malak wanted to have her killed, Revan wouldn't allow it because he wanted the Jedi to see what the truth of the force really was, something HK didn't understand, talk about totally overblowing it.

Oh and you should pay attention to Canon, the Light Side playthrough is canon and any time you speak to a Jedi you must agree with the Masters or you get dark side points, which is non-canon.

She was nothing like a loyal follower, she confronted Revan on the Leviathan during the Mandalorian Wars about the disappearance of Jedi and the fact she could sense the Dark Side in many of them.

Edited by LadyKulvax

a KOTOR III should come after SWTOR when malgus returns and the empire wins

Personally, I wouldn't want any game set in the game's specific time period. I really don't like any of the characters or lore they created for TOR, and I don't like what they did with existing characters of the era. Mandalorian Wars/Pre-KotOR I period is the way to go for KotOR III.