[SAGE] Elidhu's 2.0 PTS Review

Garell

Would alacrity help with force problems? Sure it now increases force regen but it increases cast time by the same amount, so your APM should be increasing as well, giving you a neutral force regen. If your APM doesn't increase then it would be a higher regen, but also dps loss.

My logic sound correct at all? Just going off what I think for the stay changes, no math to support except the numbers from our stat sheet

From previous experience the Alacrity doesnt increase castime that much and for Sages at least can now be used mainly for Force Regen

Then again you know Im not the greatest of Sages :p

Edited by DarthZak

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to hit 2550 tonight:

http://www.torparse.com/a/151953/2/0/Overview

wound up going with this spec:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-sage/224/?build=030000000000000000000000000000000302020000000000000000000000000003220322013100210122032002010100&ver=20

exotech stim - no debuff - full arkanian (one underworld waist and one implant) - full blue overkill augments 28 (+28 power)

Edited by Nibbon

Would alacrity help with force problems? Sure it now increases force regen but it increases cast time by the same amount, so your APM should be increasing as well, giving you a neutral force regen. If your APM doesn't increase then it would be a higher regen, but also dps loss.

My logic sound correct at all? Just going off what I think for the stay changes, no math to support except the numbers from our stat sheet

I think it regens faster because on Telekinetic throw - it ticks faster and you are regening faster - so you gain a tad bit more whenever you are casting TT. As for everything else - you are casting faster and the GCD is reduced, so probably force neutral.

From previous experience the Alacrity doesnt increase castime that much and for Sages at least can now be used mainly for Force Regen

Then again you know Im not the greatest of Sages :p

Wow... I feel like a genius, I sorta fixed my post now lol

I managed to hit 2550 tonight:

http://www.torparse.com/a/151953/2/0/Overview

wound up going with this spec:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-sage/224/?build=030000000000000000000000000000000302020000000000000000000000000003220322013100210122032002010100&ver=20

exotech stim - no debuff - full arkanian (one underworld waist and one implant) - full blue overkill augments 28 (+28 power)

Are you getting worse results with more accuracy? I find it surprising that you're not taking that 1% from the skill tree at least.

I tried myself swapping an accuracy enhancement for an alacrity one. What happened was that I missed a force in balance and a couple of times weaken mind didn't properly apply and I had to cast it again, messing with my force even more. Maybe the top damage for a lucky log will be higher, but the way I see it, damage will be less consistent if you don't go for 100% accuracy.

On another note, I'm amazed at the amount of disturbance casts you were able to fit in 5 min, 31 vs the 13 I did. I thought not being able to cast mind crush on cooldown would be a dps loss, so I tried not to cast disturbace if mind crush was going to be available in less than 5 secs. But maybe that's not the case, it's hard to tell with all the gear differences.

Edited by AndreiBolkonsky

Are you getting worse results with more accuracy? I find it surprising that you're not taking that 1% from the skill tree at least.

I tried myself swapping an accuracy enhancement for an alacrity one. What happened was that I missed a force in balance and a couple of times weaken mind didn't properly apply and I had to cast it again, messing with my force even more. Maybe the top damage for a lucky log will be higher, but the way I see it, damage will be less consistent if you don't go for 100% accuracy.

On another note, I'm amazed at the amount of disturbance casts you were able to fit in 5 min, 31 vs the 13 I did. I thought not being able to cast mind crush on cooldown would be a dps loss, so I tried not to cast disturbance if mind crush was going to be available in less than 5 secs. But maybe that's not the case, it's hard to tell with all the gear differences.

That link got messed up somehow - I think this website is screwy - here it is fixed:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-sage/224/?build=230000000000000000000000000000000023000000000000000000000000000003220322013100210122032002100100&ver=20

So i do take the 3% accuracy boost.

I'm guessing the amount of disturbances I threw in had to do with the mix of TT with alacrity - as I mentioned in my post above, I believe more alacrity with TT allows you to regen force a bit faster.

Accuracy does effect consistency - but the 2550 wasn't exactly an anomaly (see how I was tracking 2600+ most of the fight). On other parses I was hitting a lot of 2490s (pretty consistently). The difference maker in this one was the amount of FiB I missed =0. Parses are all about statistics, and statistically I am capable of doing more DPS with this build - but it is probably a little bit less consistent. However, considering the range is 2490-2550+, I don't see that as a huge issue.

My earpiece is currently the Power Surge - I definitely want to replace that with a power accuracy, but there doesn't seem to be a good one out yet (I hope it drops off something in an operation ... but the Verpine one loses stats (approximately 17 or so secondary stats to my memory, so it isn't worth it overall). Also, I calculated my current stats as the top DPS - but found if you switched one alacrity with one accuracy - you would lose about 1-3 maximum DPS and gain close to another percent of accuracy (I'd say this is probably worthwhile for consistency). If I were able to make those two swaps, I'd be close to 100% accuracy and the DPS gain would be ~10 and the consistency would go up dramatically as well (probably a tighter range of 20-30 instead of 60).

I do believe in my current best parse that I missed on a weaken mind and I had to reapply - I also believe I missed on a force suppression, so I could have been a little luckier than I was. Statistically, you will miss a third of a force in balance in the 5 minute time span - which is to say in one of three parses you would be likely to miss one.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Nibbon

I gotta say, Telekinetics is a great spec now. I feel aggressive during PVP, and PVE has been pretty easy with a well geared companion. Love it, never going back to Balance or hybrid! The alacrity boost to all trees is nice, and I know some people feel like there should be another talent in the tree to compensate, but I feel like the spec preforms well and doesn't need any more fluff. Idk, what do you think?

http://www.torparse.com/a/147907/time/1362047635/1362048052/0/Overview

Thanks for posting this awesome dps chart Elidhu.

From what i see for the Telekinetics Tree, Mental Momentum needs a serious touch. I really wouldn't want to spend two of my talents just to get %1.2 dps increase.

A suggestion to change mental momentum:

Maybe it should work for TKW (with 30% chance, three times ticking TKW's :D) as well and help Weaken Mind (with 30% chance) tick twice occasionally. Weaken Mind and TKW does about %21,5 (12,31%+9,22%) of the dps in total and this would give both a 6,4% (30% chance of ticking twice) dps increase. Our 2420 dps would become approximately 2575 dps which is actually a good number and can be pushed a little more in time. It would also effectively decrease the cooldown of Mental Alacrity (Tremors talent) which is even better, we might reach 2650 and be considered a decent dps for once :).

Mental Momentum would be doing (6,4%+1,2%) 7,6% of the total dps reducing the cooldown of Mental alacrity even more, everyone's happy!

Edited by Hakkology

• 2 weeks later...

Reading and testing all these changes make me happy that telekinetics got such massive buffs because that's what I play my sage as (my guild needs DPS so badly I play her as DPS lol).

Also makes me happy because I enjoy the telekentics playstyle a great deal, and knowing that they got some nice utility buffs makes me all the more excited.

Thanks for the huge read-up and all your testing

i cant get on to test STILL go figure that log on issue is still broken and I really do not feel like recopying my toon especially when I will not be able to pick up my augmented gear with the set bonus's upon my return so yeah if they allowed me to at least get my gear back with the set bonus's im game to tgive recopying a shot but the fact that they addressed it as an issue and its still not fixed makes me feel its something either really big or they have no clue how to fix it.

unless im missing something with the log on issue thing possibly being fixed if it indeed is

Edited by khak

Okay I was able to get on finally and test out the change to rippling force and I will say it makes bal specs and their hybrids much more force positive. I timed it just spamming tele throw and disturbance with the talent proc and lasted about 4-5min longer till I ran out if force then before the rippling force change.

I think it's safe to say disturbance is now part of our rotation whether moving or not (not that skilled players were not already using it) since we will not be draining our resource pool as fast when using it. Although I haven't tested how it will affect overall dps I theorize it will make a difference. Would like to see if elidhu could retest his parse with the full bal using disturbance to see what he could do for a longer parse since he had to stop at 3 min previously.

Edited by khak

• 4 weeks later...
I was wondering if Elidhu had any updates to add now 2.0 is live? Also what spec are ppl using for balance hybrid?

Been using this with good results. The old containment points, which now are rendered useless by a change to force lift, went into focused insight instead. Not sure if that was the best option, perhaps the CD reducion on the stun is better. Jedi Resistance has never tempted me so I skipped that. Not much CC on this build but I'm pretty good at staying alive so it works.

I really miss force lift though and how it allowed us to actually CC people. Havent used it once since 2.0, it's pointless when it's a "oh crap" feature and everyone has the ability to interrupt it in one way or another. It's better to use the GCD on something els.

Been using this with good results. The old containment points, which now are rendered useless by a change to force lift, went into focused insight instead. Not sure if that was the best option, perhaps the CD reducion on the stun is better. Jedi Resistance has never tempted me so I skipped that. Not much CC on this build but I'm pretty good at staying alive so it works.

I really miss force lift though and how it allowed us to actually CC people. Havent used it once since 2.0, it's pointless when it's a "oh crap" feature and everyone has the ability to interrupt it in one way or another. It's better to use the GCD on something els.

Try taking only one point in Telekinetic Effusion I tried that last night and found crits came often enough that it was up most of the time and was force positive. This is what I'm using for PvE but don't take it too seriously as I have yet to put proper thought and numbers to it.

Hybrid PvE

Elidhu,

Thank you for the great right up.

My head just blew up. My main toon is my trooper.

But my sage I am getting up to LvL 55. What tree are you using, and rotation?

And like to thank others as well.