Legacy isn't working

Winnerkika

I can't use legacy system. Every time I click "Legacy", appears window which asks me to create legacy surname. I enter something, click "Create" and nothing happens. I can only view achievements. I tried 10000000 times, I tried to create legacy surname containing one word only, and still nothing happened. I already have legacy level 4.

It's been a while since I last created a legacy, and the process has changed so I may be misremembering, but in order to create a legacy you have to complete your starter world (Tython for Jedi, Ord Mantell for Troopers and Smugglers, Korriban for Sith, and Hutta for Bounty Hunters and Agents) and travel to the fleet. Before that you can acquire legacy experience and look at achievements, but you won't be able to name your legacy or purchase legacy unlocks. Edited by ceryxp

You are right, but I am level 50 and right now I do Alderaan quests so...

I forgot to say, it also won't let you name your legacy if the name doesn't meet the rules. Legacy names can't have spaces. Unless it's been changed the only symbols you can use are apostrophe (') and hyphen (-). I'm not certain about character accents, whether they can be used or not. I believe there is a limit of 15 characters, but that could have changed, as well. If you have any spaces, symbols other than apostrophes or hyphens, your chosen name is longer than 15 character, or has character accents remove them. If you are using all three I'd start with spaces and symbols first, see if that works, then shorten the length if it's longer than 15 characters, then move on to accents.

I forgot to say, it also won't let you name your legacy if the name doesn't meet the rules. Legacy names can't have spaces. Unless it's been changed the only symbols you can use are apostrophe (') and hyphen (-). I'm not certain about character accents, whether they can be used or not. I believe there is a limit of 15 characters, but that could have changed, as well. If you have any spaces, symbols other than apostrophes or hyphens, your chosen name is longer than 15 character, or has character accents remove them. If you are using all three I'd start with spaces and symbols first, see if that works, then shorten the length if it's longer than 15 characters, then move on to accents.

And I may be wrong, but doesn't it also refuse to let you create a Legacy if someone else on the same server is already using the same Legacy name which you're trying to create?

And I may be wrong, but doesn't it also refuse to let you create a Legacy if someone else on the same server is already using the same Legacy name which you're trying to create?

No, legacy names no longer have to be unique. That was changed, I don't remember exactly when, back in the 1.0 days. In my old guild there was a brother and sister, separate accounts, who had the same legacy name.