Are you waiting for that next MMO that will actually pay attention to PvP and co.?

TOR-tanic

I'm just wondering.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but it seems like EAware is just trying to milk the player-base as much as possible just to make ends meet with SWTOR. 3k CC for a Tauntaun, 1.8k CC for a ship PER CHARACTER, overpriced dyes and armor sets, now selling medpacs and adrenals for PvP, etc. Outside of that, this game is catering more to PvE'ers and casuals (so many daily areas :rolleyes:).

I'm pretty sure the majority here is in agreement of what I just said. Did you guys check out TESO? What did you think of it? Are you currently following Wildstar and/or EQNext? Are you waiting for another game (even of a different genre) for improved PvP, or at least where attention to it is anything but laughable?

It just seems like PvP here is just a mini-game, and we've been getting shafted since the removal of vanilla Ilum.

:(

Edited by TOR-tanic

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a mini-game in that new game, "The Real World"? Ive been playing it for a while, highly recommend :D

I tried out The Real World, but it turns out to be nothing more than a game with AWESOME graphics but with THE worst storyline ever.

Not only that, but PvP IS NOT ALLOWED. Like, ***?

:p

Edited by TOR-tanic

Im waiting to see how the new upcoming MMOS turn out. THey all seem to be going the way of the MOBA. 10 abilities on your bar max, and movement mechanics. SWTOR has one thing that the new ones dont, and that a crap ton of abilities on your bar. SWTOR like it or not has some of the better variation in abilities than most other MMOS, even wow is dumbing down the number of abilities your expected to use.

I am tired of the neglect and lack of change in this game. I look forward to trying out any new MMO thats coming out. Not going to give my blanket approval though. Ever since Rome 2, and Guild Wars 2 came out I have learned not to get hyped up over any game that comes out, especially if the hype is high on it.

The bigger the hype the bigger the let down. ALWAYS seems like games that are hyped up are released too early with too many bugs.

To answer that I'd have to elaborate on what kind of player I am.

I had never played a MMO prior to Swtor but it came out a time when i was looking to try something new. It being a Star Wars game had no direct effect on me but the size of the project, mainly because it is a SW game, resulted in a lot of ads and tele commenrcials and that's how I came across it. So to me it's basically just another game and it exlcudes me from the group that would go looking for an alternative in the same genre. Not saying that i couldnt end up in WS or some other MMO but I'm not scouting the market.

Another problem is that I have a tendency of sticking to projects I've invested time in. I'm not going to drop this game for something that just potentially could be better. I need to be really excited about something for that to happen. I was excited about Destiny on consoles but it has recently been announced that it won't launch until 09/0914, much later than I expected. So who knows? At this point I think it's liklier that I simply stop playing games rather than moving on to something similar.

Additionally, I know that I will never play an action-based MMO so ESO is out of the question. If I end up in an MMO it will be one you control like swtor.

Edited by MidichIorian

eso is trash. one month free and everyone will be gone from that

eqnext, wildstar, and star citizen will all take away from various subsets of swtor players

let's all be honest...a shiny new xpac with a new level cap and abilities will bring most, if not all of us back to at least try. but, swtor pvp is definitely on life support.