Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Return Veteran's Edge stacks to NIM Raids

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Return Veteran's Edge stacks to NIM Raids

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
02.19.2020 , 11:33 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
In my opinion, they should never have left old ops at level 70, and then try to balance them around veterans edge stacks.

Instead, they should have just made all raids scale up to level 75. Then things like adrenals, and relics would work, and optimizing gear beyond adjusting accuracy, alacrity and critical would make sense. On top of that the sets giving a 2 piece set bonus granting 2% mastery would make sense for old PvE content, and not just for the new op.
It was all about laziness/minimum time investment. They wanted to be able to add level 80 content some day as well without having to go back and retune everything. Unfortunately, I think that their carrot didn't work as well as they thought because they (once again) underestimated how much players in this game HATE RNG.

They thought, oh well, who cares how hard NiM TFB is honestly, most of the 1% are going to be running DXUN VM and MM over and over, so they're going to really be focused on getting those sets that practically never drop, and they'll keep going back!

What they didn't anticipate is how much players hate running OPs without getting any kind of guaranteed reward from the bosses. DXUN bosses don't even give you a guaranteed drop for the entire group! Now they're trying to scramble to give players a reason to keep leveling those gear sets and buying those amps...
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

dready_tv's Avatar


dready_tv
02.19.2020 , 07:39 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveStarwalker View Post
Scaling and class balancing is messed up, this **** is NiMx2 compared to the 2.0, 3.0 days. Not talking about DPS checks.
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveStarwalker View Post
Agreed, they need to scale operations up to 75 or bring back VE. NiM OPs are broken at their current state. My guild has old school NiM healers that could barely keep up on tank damage with "VE stacks", but when we did this crap years ago it wasn't this intense. So now we have to go to meta classes instead of playing what we want...doesn't seem right.
Are you actually serious or trolling? I honestly don't know.

You do know that in 3.0 you LITERALLY out level the entire operations it was beyond a joke at that stage, of course it wasn't this intense when the entire operation was a massive memeshow. & then you are trying to make a comparision between out-leveling the operations and with how they are right now? Jesus Christ.

If your old nim school healers couldn't keep tanks up with VE stacks they are simply not nim healers, they did it in 3.0 when EVERYONE could do it easily, that is the hard truth no matter how rude that might come of.

Also you do not need meta classes to clear old nims either, i've seen sorc healers & other "non-meta" classes clear it within a week of stack removal so it comes down to the player not the class in the end.

If people want a silly switch for nims to provide stacks? here is one.. it is called nightmare crystal use it to get ur "well-deserved" rewards.
All tho honestly they shouldnt even provide achievements, mounts or any other rewards for even using those crystals, they should earned not provide it for everyone for no effort.

Nims without stacks is NOT broken far from it, it is actually fun to play now & it is not impossible very far from it. Many people have already cleared it. Try & spend more time improving urself & show some dedication wanting to clear it instead of acting like this is some kind of SM operation where it should be so easy just to yolo through it because people are drooling over the rewards they don't deserve.

SteveStarwalker's Avatar


SteveStarwalker
02.20.2020 , 12:26 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by dready_tv View Post

Nims without stacks is NOT broken far from it, it is actually fun to play now & it is not impossible very far from it. Many people have already cleared it. Try & spend more time improving urself & show some dedication wanting to clear it instead of acting like this is some kind of SM operation where it should be so easy just to yolo through it because people are drooling over the rewards they don't deserve.
From reading your previous post it seems you're the main one trolling the entire thread. Good job. And it's broken.

FerkWork's Avatar


FerkWork
02.20.2020 , 12:42 AM | #74
Did 4/5 TFB with a pug today. Still had an hour on the timer at Terror but had to stop do to people having to go for other raids. Still found plenty of time to meme on bosses. So whoever was claiming TFB without stacks was impossible that was very cute.

Anyaka_Jedi's Avatar


Anyaka_Jedi
02.20.2020 , 01:24 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by FerkWork View Post
Did 4/5 TFB with a pug today. Still had an hour on the timer at Terror but had to stop do to people having to go for other raids. Still found plenty of time to meme on bosses. So whoever was claiming TFB without stacks was impossible that was very cute.
When you say pug... Some select group from a select discord? Or some regular Joe's from fleet...

dready_tv's Avatar


dready_tv
02.20.2020 , 03:28 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveStarwalker View Post
From reading your previous post it seems you're the main one trolling the entire thread. Good job. And it's broken.
I mean when there is legit a lot of people including my team being able to kill bosses in old nims & even gods without any stacks, people are pugging the raids with ease & then you're claiming to have nim(old school) raiders unable to heal/clear things with the massively overpowered VE stacks including not being able to see that in 3.0 you actually out level the operation & could clear it with less than 8 raiders easily & then you are trying to compare those raids? that clearly shows lack of understanding from your part.

Just because you claim that you could clear those raids in 3.0(which would be sad if you wouldnt be cuz everyone literally could do that very easily) that simply doesn't mean that the raids was in its proper state & difficulty at that time you say you did those raids, which everyone knows or at least that it was I thought until now, this is the first time i actually see someone even trying to compare 3.0 to pff.. anything else actually.
You don't see the advantage when you are being several levels above the bosses?

The only thing broken here is the people crying just because the raids is not a massive faceroll anymore & actually requires something from the players to be able clear, just like nim is supposed to be.

Quote: Originally Posted by FerkWork View Post
Did 4/5 TFB with a pug today. Still had an hour on the timer at Terror but had to stop do to people having to go for other raids. Still found plenty of time to meme on bosses. So whoever was claiming TFB without stacks was impossible that was very cute.
I saw that stream & yeah it seemed very impossible indeed to clear tfb nim including timer, not lol.

chipequssmlgpro's Avatar


chipequssmlgpro
02.20.2020 , 04:30 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyaka_Jedi View Post
When you say pug... Some select group from a select discord? Or some regular Joe's from fleet...
I mean, you do realize anything outside of your main raiding group is considered a pug, right? It doesn't matter if it's a select discord or fleet, it's a group of people that don't usually play with eachother, hence the name 'pug'... That's a weak attempt at showing that no VE raids are hard.

Anyaka_Jedi's Avatar


Anyaka_Jedi
02.20.2020 , 04:55 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by chipequssmlgpro View Post
I mean, you do realize anything outside of your main raiding group is considered a pug, right? It doesn't matter if it's a select discord or fleet, it's a group of people that don't usually play with eachother, hence the name 'pug'... That's a weak attempt at showing that no VE raids are hard.

No it's showing a reference point and you're giving a weak attempt to discredit my statement. If you're that confident that your average Joe's will have as much success as your select group from your select discord. Please, show the public. I mean it's really hypocritical saying on the one hand you need to be hardcore nim raiders to clear **** now and then no literally everybody can. So what is it?


And before you try to think of a clever comeback, let me just say this is petty. all of us here want the game to be an enjoyable worthwhile experience. There needs to be challenge in the game I agree, what I don't agree is how the Devs handled this mess. Rebalancing should have been done before 6.0 hit and not as a stealth change mid new expansion. Only reason why this is such a hot topic, is because nobody is even remotely focusing on the real issue: the lack of content, how long before dxun nim comes? And then what doing the same opses over and over again?

-Highsteel-'s Avatar


-Highsteel-
02.20.2020 , 05:48 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyaka_Jedi View Post
No it's showing a reference point and you're giving a weak attempt to discredit my statement. If you're that confident that your average Joe's will have as much success as your select group from your select discord. Please, show the public. I mean it's really hypocritical saying on the one hand you need to be hardcore nim raiders to clear **** now and then no literally everybody can. So what is it?


And before you try to think of a clever comeback, let me just say this is petty. all of us here want the game to be an enjoyable worthwhile experience. There needs to be challenge in the game I agree, what I don't agree is how the Devs handled this mess. Rebalancing should have been done before 6.0 hit and not as a stealth change mid new expansion. Only reason why this is such a hot topic, is because nobody is even remotely focusing on the real issue: the lack of content, how long before dxun nim comes? And then what doing the same opses over and over again?
You're average Joe can have success if they try. No need to hand them the completion, not everyone gets a participation trophy. It can be done without the stacks, its already proven it can, so its basically back to a "Git Gud" argument. Learn to now complete them without the stacks.
EZIO CHESTY-LARUE SCARFACE JUGGSORNOT SODA POPINSKI CHEZIO DUKE NUKEM


STAR FORGE

dready_tv's Avatar


dready_tv
02.20.2020 , 05:50 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by chipequssmlgpro View Post
I mean, you do realize anything outside of your main raiding group is considered a pug, right? It doesn't matter if it's a select discord or fleet, it's a group of people that don't usually play with eachother, hence the name 'pug'... That's a weak attempt at showing that no VE raids are hard.
What chipequssmlgpro said. Everything outside your main raiding team is actually considered a pug & always have in every MMO out there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anyaka_Jedi View Post
No it's showing a reference point and you're giving a weak attempt to discredit my statement. If you're that confident that your average Joe's will have as much success as your select group from your select discord. Please, show the public. I mean it's really hypocritical saying on the one hand you need to be hardcore nim raiders to clear **** now and then no literally everybody can. So what is it?
You do know that nim is the hardest raiding content in the game? It is not supposed to be easily accessable for everyone & most people probably won't be able to do it (due to the lack of dedication), which is the design for the highest difficulty of end game raiding content & that concept exist everywhere.

Nim content requires both time & personal dedication to get the experience/competence required to do it.
Learn the respective fights & how every single mechanic work (which ppl claim they already know do but honestly they don't) that also includes learning to play your class to its full potential instead of just randomly pressing buttons.
If you decide to do that? Then you will instantly see good results.

Everyone(average Joe) can probably do Nim if they decide to do what is required but if people don't want to spend that time to actually do it or even care to evolve as a player? Then maybe nim is simply not for you or that person.

No you don't need to be a hardcore nim raider to clear it either, nor have anyone actually claimed that. A few of the people who have cleared it already just log every now & then for some pug raids without being part of any raiding team so i would not call that hardcore, they have just decided to dedicate a little time to actually learn their class & fights nothing more.

It have also been proven over & over again that every nim ops without VE stacks are being cleared by multiple teams & pug groups on both youtube & streams every day. So it is clearly not impossible as people claim? Stop whining.