Requesting experienced gamers to fill out survey Version 2

luffie

Thanks to the great reactions on the previous survey, I now have a slightly tweeked version. It is almost the same as the first one, only with a few more options you suggested.

For those who haven't seen my previous post, I'm doing a research for school on etiquette in gaming, mostly concerning chat and language use. It's a short survey of only 10 questions so I was hoping you could help me with it.

Thank you in advance!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/38Z9FND

Edited by luffie

I filled it out again for you :)

Out if curiosity what language is the survey originally in? I noticed the end or finish button is a word I haven't seen before.

Ah, so despite my best efforts it happened again -.-

I wrote the survey in English, but the site somehow KNOWS I'm Dutch and won't let me forget it. I have tried putting the site on English, but appearently that didn't work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: And thanks for filling it in by the way :p

Edited by luffie

Hmm, I imagine you'll get some usable data from this survey. Too bad you didn't ask the general demographics data like nationality (or perhaps world region?), age and education. Such information makes drawing conclusions much easier.

Would also be interesting to do this survey with other MMOs, to see if there is any difference between them as well.

In any case, I do hope you'll post the results of the survey :)

Edited by GuruVII

Hmm, I imagine you'll get some usable data from this survey. Too bad you didn't ask the general demographics data like nationality (or perhaps world region?), age and education. Such information makes drawing conclusions much easier.

Those questions are mostly the reason I do not take part in surveys, even the gender questing is something I don't like (some people don't think of themselves as male or female, and such things are true for most of the other personal questions as well). The self image that people have is often different from what is true, so I would be really surprised if even half would give true answers on all of those questions. In the internet we are genderless, international, superstars who don't have to think about what we might otherwise in our day to day lifes.

Those questions are mostly the reason I do not take part in surveys, even the gender questing is something I don't like (some people don't think of themselves as male or female, and such things are true for most of the other personal questions as well). The self image that people have is often different from what is true, so I would be really surprised if even half would give true answers on all of those questions. In the internet we are genderless, international, superstars who don't have to think about what we might otherwise in our day to day lifes.

The reason I did not include those other questions was because I could only make 10 questions on this basic account. The reason that I did put gender in there is because some of my peers are doing a similar research, only then with gender, so I thought it would be interesting to compare results. If you do not like to give your gender away, you can always skip the question. I hope that clarifies it a bit.

Done again, though it looked exactly like the first one unless I just have a poor memory.

It was nearly identical, but there were a few options that people suggested in the previous thread that I put in there, so those weren't there before. Thank you for doing it again!

Done. Will you upload the results when you are done collecting? Would be interesting to see the results.

I'll try, but it will take some time. My limited version of surveymonkey won't let me download all the results in a nice file, so I'll have to do that manually. Of course, I'll have to do that anyway since it is required for my research paper, but there are some things I have to do first.

Thanks again to all you people filling it in! Keep them coming!

Edited by luffie

interesting survey.

too bad you couldn't ask more questions and have a few more foils on a question or two. personally i would like to know if there is a correlation between which mmos gamers have played, or started with and their responses.