6.2 another Disney land rehash boring storyline

Darkrebellord

so 6.2 is just a re hash of what Disney did with star wars Rise of skywalker because catering to 1 percent of influencers bring back former emporer which is constant theme of star wars which is just poorly written storyline that Geogre Lucus gave fan since 1977,

because he could not come up with anything new. :(

There is plenty of ways to move on from Vitiate about time developers did so as it make the game so dam boring like daily war zone cheating constant lopsided nerfing to bolstering shooting characters to the bugs that plague online games that never get fix.

So disappointing swtor has to follow George Lucus and Disney pathway which does not bring the game forward and is constantly just bring back same old characters that are meant to be dead and buried reality tell you followers of the game are losing interest you would think new storyline would have a new villian and yet lets bring back the same villian.:(:mad:

so 6.2 is just a re hash of what Disney did with star wars Rise of skywalker because catering to 1 percent of influencers bring back former emporer which is constant theme of star wars which is just poorly written storyline that Geogre Lucus gave fan since 1977,

because he could not come up with anything new. :(

There is plenty of ways to move on from Vitiate about time developers did so as it make the game so dam boring like daily war zone cheating constant lopsided nerfing to bolstering shooting characters to the bugs that plague online games that never get fix.

So disappointing swtor has to follow George Lucus and Disney pathway which does not bring the game forward and is constantly just bring back same old characters that are meant to be dead and buried reality tell you followers of the game are losing interest you would think new storyline would have a new villian and yet lets bring back the same villian.:(:mad:

***********SPOILERS************* (though its only for the sequel trilogy that sucked)

It wasnt George Lucas's fault it was Disneys. Disney purchased the rights from George Lucas. Even though George Lucas wrote an idea for the sequel trilogy Disney didn't do any of that most probably because they thought they knew better (now look at them). Daisy Ridley (actor of Rey in the sequel trilogy) told everyone that Disney had no clue for the plot of the sequel trilogy which goes to show that they should have laid the series to rest. The Tv series they have made are good but the movies just suck in general (coming from someone who liked the force awakens which was a pretty good film tbh). The series had so much potential after The force awakens was released but even then Disney effed up after killing Han solo off. Then effed up after killing luke in the 2nd film of the trilogy THEN they killed Leia off in the 3rd film. Disney had no clue what they were doing from the get go to the end of the series and made what is the worst star wars trilogy (in my opinion) of all time.

***********SPOILERS************* (though its only for the sequel trilogy that sucked)

It wasnt George Lucas's fault it was Disneys. Disney purchased the rights from George Lucas. Even though George Lucas wrote an idea for the sequel trilogy Disney didn't do any of that most probably because they thought they knew better (now look at them). Daisy Ridley (actor of Rey in the sequel trilogy) told everyone that Disney had no clue for the plot of the sequel trilogy which goes to show that they should have laid the series to rest. The Tv series they have made are good but the movies just suck in general (coming from someone who liked the force awakens which was a pretty good film tbh). The series had so much potential after The force awakens was released but even then Disney effed up after killing Han solo off. Then effed up after killing luke in the 2nd film of the trilogy THEN they killed Leia off in the 3rd film. Disney had no clue what they were doing from the get go to the end of the series and made what is the worst star wars trilogy (in my opinion) of all time.

To cut them some slack on Leia, I heard she was supposed to survive the sequel trilogy, but Disney had to alter the plot of the third film to accommodate for Carrie Fisher's death.

Disney didn't copy Lucas with the reborn Emperor thing, they copied the Dark Empire comics, which is also likely where BW got the whole thing from.

If it makes you feel any better, BW stated that this is the end for the Vitiate arc, and the start of something new. Also Disney seems to have finally realized that KK's version of SW is garbage, so there is hope on that front too.

Damn.

Disney doesn't have creative control over Star Wars. That's the Lucasfilm Story Group. That's been common knowledge for years.

It was reported that Abrams never consulted with the LSG during the sequel trilogy. Because if he had maybe Rise of Skywalker wouldn’t have been as much as a pile of bantha poodoo that it was. I cannot speak to whether Rian Johnson consulted with them.

There was no one like a Kevin Feige (let alone a George Lucas or Dave Filoni) in charge there making sure that there was at least some loose connection to the existing lore and proper continuity. At least “Solo: A Star Wars Story” had that going for it.

There was no one like a Kevin Feige (let alone a George Lucas or Dave Filoni) in charge there making sure that there was at least some loose connection to the existing lore and proper continuity. At least “Solo: A Star Wars Story” had that going for it.

Sort of. There was nothing in the existing film lore to suggest that [REDACTED](1) was a total [REDACTED](2)

(1) The one that looked like photos of Tafari Makonnen as a young man, before he became His Imperial Majesty the King of Kings of Ethiopia, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God. (More commonly called Haile Selassie.)

Lando Calrissian

(2) Um.

Cheater at cards

There is plenty of blame to go around for the sequels. However, Lucasfilm wanted the movies delayed by a year or two and Bob Iger said no. That does not excuse them not having an overall plan and direction for the whole trilogy, but had they been allowed more time the whole series would have been better.

I mean, I'm not sure what continuity issues you have in TLJ; TFA's continuity issues are minimal. It's mostly Rogue One, Solo, and ROS that actually have lore/continuity problems.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a big fan of the Emperor as a character, but I think they should have just left him alone after KOTET finale. And bringing back all those dead characters like Revan, The Exile and Darth Marr just felt cringy to me.

I thought it was fitting, even if undermines SOR's ending a little bit as I interpret it as Revan willing to let go of his obsession and passing the torch to you (though to devil's advocate my own point passing down the torch doesn't mean doing nothing I guess), having Meetra in the game again was nice even if it was brief plus I really like her new model in comparison to the old one since her robes look far more like a KOTOR II Jedi robes. Even if her hair is still white which makes 0 sense, but hey I'll call it a win they remembered she even existed.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought it was fitting, even if undermines SOR's ending a little bit as I interpret it as Revan willing to let go of his obsession and passing the torch to you (though to devil's advocate my own point passing down the torch doesn't mean doing nothing I guess), having Meetra in the game again was nice even if it was brief plus I really like her new model in comparison to the old one since her robes look far more like a KOTOR II Jedi robes. Even if her hair is still white which makes 0 sense, but hey I'll call it a win they remembered she even existed.

I actually agree here. They have a proper reason to bring him back one last time, unlike TROS. With all the identities he assumed along the centuries and all the characters he came across, his last appearance in KOTET left a lot to be desired, since it was really only a send-off to Valkorion, not Vitiate, the Sith Emperor side of the character and especially not Tenebrae. This seems to be a good way of tying up all the loose ends and doing a proper send-off to the character as a whole.

Edited by JJKerryee

I personally liked how they ended Vitiate here more than KoTET (which I felt was rushed). They still shouldn't have brought him back, but at least what was there was decent. I think that characters such as Revan, Meetra, Kira, Scourge, etc should've had some level of help in regards to dealing with him in KoTET. Btw TRoS is a rehash of Dark Empire, which go the idea to bring Palpatine back from George Lucas (if you look at interviews from Tom Veitch, he discusses how the original plan was for someone pretending to be Darth Vader, which George vetoed and suggested bringing Palpatine back instead). https://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/08/interview-with-dark-empire-writer-tom.html

The Force Awakens suffered because people chastised the prequels. Hoping not to make a movie fans would say Sucked Donkey, in their attempt to make the movie Star Wars they remade Star Wars with NotTattooine, NotBlowingUpAlderaan, and NotDeathStar. They made a film that Sucked Donkey. The Last Jedi was all about political propaganda. Real world politics, and only one acceptable point of view, was all that mattered. Preach to the audience. It was nothing about Star Wars. It Sucked Donkey. The Rise of Skywalker was a latch ditch effort to fix the mess that was made. The return of Palpatine was to initiate nostalgia and try to link all the films together. They had to band-aid Snoke to give him relevance. The politics was removed. Remaking what was done before removed. It Sucked Donkey less but still sucked because it's linked to the previous two films.

DIsney needs to abandon the sequel storyline. They can redo the sequels and recast Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia. There will be some fan grumbling, but promise and succeed on making a good film it will work. Fans are ok with recasting given the reality of real life status of the original actors. They don't even have to be the main characters. Leia can be Chancellor of the New Republic, Luke the Jedi Master of a new Jedi Council, and Han a General in the Army of the New Republic. Alternatively, create a new story set hundreds if not thousands of years later. The Republic and Jedi reformed with a new threat emerging. There can be a superweapon, but blowing up a planet or star won't do. It can be biological where it kills the population leaving the planet intact for the evil invaders to take over. To make it hurt it's used on Tattooine, Kashyyk, or Naboo.

Edited by Hadsil