Ven Zallow Community Introductions

Frigidman

Hello all. I wanted to create a thread for those who are enjoying Ven Zallow. Introduce yourself, pimp your guild, or just say hello!

Me:

Hay! If all goes well, I will be making this my main server.

So far from what I have seen, the community is pretty good in-game. I do have characters on both sides, but I am not a snitch nor spy. I want to enjoy this game from every angle, and my loyalties lie with the faction the current character is in. At first though I will be spending most my time on the republic side.

Yeah the Ven Zallow community has been pretty nice so far ^^

I think most of us are just following our stories, leveling up, and generally learning how to play the game before RPing right now though. At least that's what I've noticed, and that's what me and a friend have been doing XD

Hello all. I wanted to create a thread for those who are enjoying Ven Zallow. Introduce yourself, pimp your guild, or just say hello!

Me:

Hay! If all goes well, I will be making this my main server.

So far from what I have seen, the community is pretty good in-game. I do have characters on both sides, but I am not a snitch nor spy. I want to enjoy this game from every angle, and my loyalties lie with the faction the current character is in. At first though I will be spending most my time on the republic side.

Empire Sniper Xovai, ready for orders!

Heya,

Trig, Jedi Knight at your service. My friend and I rolled on this server after the Jung Ma queues scared us off. So far the community seems nice.

Either way we are older players and looking for a friendly guild with light roleplay. Hopefully people see this thread and it becomes our server "forum"

Look forward to seeing you all in game. May the force be with you.

I haven't had any bad experiences on this server.

Bounty Hunter Silvaro or Jedi Knight Marillious.

Learning the game at this time...not really RP'ing much. Hopefully will change upon meeting some nice people. Long time gamer....started with Everquest when it first released.

Looking for a guild to join up with.

Glad to see you all!

I do agree, our community pre-launch is very good, and was just the right size because we were one of the later added servers. However now that launch is upon us, we are clogged up like the others. This will ease itself out as new joiners go to the many new servers added. We still welcome those who stick with us!

Lets make Ven Zallow a great place!

Remember, your faction are your friends! There is no reason to ridicule, mock, or be rude to your own faction members in general chat ;)

Rolling on VZ tonight (hopefully) as soon as I land. Working on fleshing out backstory for a family tree based on the Legacy shared surname system that I'll be implementing in my PCs, all Empire for now. Backstory posted at SWTOR-RP for critique. See you in game!

Am I the only Sith in this thread?

Mordant reporting in, Sith Inquisitor. There's been some RPing in general chat Sith side, actually. No idea what it's like republic side, I'm keeping different factions on different servers

Hey! I have a sith Inq, and a Bounty Hunter setup. Have been spending time on my Smuggler though. So much fun to be had, hard to choose where to begin!

I've seen some light RP in general on Republic. Keepin it fun and light because this is an RP server afterall. Occasionally some troll chimes in with crap about RP'ing... but he gets /ignored pretty quick. I mean, if you don't wanna see random RP, dont roll on an RP server lol ;)

You appear to be the only one not prattling on about business that should be kept to the shadows. So yes, you WERE the only other Sith speaking out. Please everyone DO go on, share your locations and favorite watering holes. <Whisper: Khem...remember that slow agonizing poison.....>

So, where can I meet you all for drinks?

-Orcen, Sith Assassin

A touch off topic but if I want to have a big pre-made monologue in say chat already typed up with like 6 sentences broken up 2 2 and 2, is there a macro system in place for me to put that like in other MMO's we have played before.

Because from stealth I think I could get out a monologue to the republic target, but I am not going to be able to type it and keep control of the field/ positional awareness. Be nice to be able to add some flavor and have a few people go... yea we know that guy.

A touch off topic but if I want to have a big pre-made monologue in say chat already typed up with like 6 sentences broken up 2 2 and 2, is there a macro system in place for me to put that like in other MMO's we have played before.

Because from stealth I think I could get out a monologue to the republic target, but I am not going to be able to type it and keep control of the field/ positional awareness. Be nice to be able to add some flavor and have a few people go... yea we know that guy.

Unfortunately not. Maybe in the future? Time will tell :o

Hello.

My main on Ven Zallow is in my signature. I have a stable of alts already, but Axl is the one I primarily play. Made it to 25 tonight. I look forward to seeing you folks in warzones and eventually world PvP, friends and foes alike. :)

Edited by Amp_

yo

rolled a jedi infiltration shadow named Osiri and so far i'm loving the game. i'm planning on creating him as a jedi heavily influenced by the dark side of the force but haven't quite fleshed out a backstory that isn't so cliche yet haha.

in game i'm hoping to do a lot of everything pve/pvp/rp and looking for a guild as well or may start one up a little later. hit me up in game for whatever and looking forward to crossing paths with you all but i wont be online again til the 26th *cry*.

Hello all! A friend of mine and I are thinking of joining this server. We both like mild RP and I especially enjoy PvP. On the latter note I was wondering if the sides seemed to be balanced or skewed to one faction or the other. We would be playing Republic (our Sith server is an RP server because none of the other members of our guild were interested in PvP) but I don't want to either outnumber the Sith or be outnumbered by them.

Thanks!

Greetings All, I'm glad I found this Thread. Seems like most of the RP-PVP posts are from Jung-Ma. I'm posting here to ask the community if I made the right decision to roll an alt here.

Of course time will tell...But, I don't really consider myself an RPer. I'm really digging the Lore, which is why I rolled an alt on a RP server. My Main is guilded on a PVE server and already I have grouped with people that don't wanna listen to the story. I wanna take a break from the L33t players and find a guild of players that isn't on a speeding train to 50 by next week.

I rolled a Smuggler named Jett-Jackson. And I just wanna have fun soloing my class story and grouping for Heroics, flashpoints, and whatnot down the road.

In the past I've rolled on other MMO PvP servers, but I'm a complete noob to SWTOR pvp.

Looking for reassurance here I guess, the whole RP-PVP server type is new to me.

Also since I'm now on a RP server, I'm curious is Balance is reversed compared to other servers. I feel like there actually may not be enough Sith on a RP server and your abundance of Jedi and Smugglers will be Mass.

Regarding the questions on balance... so far the balance seems to be on par pretty good. It kind of depends on who you group with on wether you win in PvP or not... or which guild you are in. I wouldn't say one side is greatly outnumbered though here on Ven Zallow.

In regards to how a RP-PVP server is, well, its a slightly different beast. I will be speaking generally from my own observations, so this isn't fact or anything.

RP aware people (that is people who are aware they rolled on an 'RP' server), tend to be more of a relaxed kind of player. Having fun, being good with their own faction, playing roles either hard core, or lightly. They usually roll on RP servers because this tends to hold true for the most part and they enjoy that other players are of like mind.

When you roll on a plain server, there is far more mayhem, ridiculing remarks in General Chats, and overt rudeness towards each other unless you are in the same guild. However on an RP server, 'everyone in your faction is your friend'. Not just who is in your guild.

Then we have PVP. Mixed with an RP server, it only means you can do some open world pvp when you come across the other faction. Mixed with the RP player mindset, its not really all that horrific as it sounds. Its more relaxed, and people just have fun playing the game, and potentially fighting the other faction all in the name of the Republic! or Empire! You rarely see 'pwnt joo' or 'lawl' all the time.

Unlike a plain PVP server (non RP), where it is filled with elitist jerks, lots of blow hards who have e-peen envy of everyone around them, and over compensate every chance they get. Rolling on a plain PVP server is akin to getting mind-rancored everytime you login.

From my point of view, rolling on an RP-PVP server is the best way to go, because you are 'generally' amongst far better people in your faction, then any other server type.

This doesn't mean jersk don't exist. I have put only about 10 people on ignore because they wouldn't shutup making fun of their fellow faction members in general chat. Mind you this is only 10 in a sea of hundreds/thousands on our server. 10 is far less then I've had in other server types, or other games, when my ignore list usually pins to maximum capacity.

What it all boils down too... RP-PVP servers are pretty good. Well, 'good' to all the level headed people out there who arn't rejects of society ;)

Sorry this got long.