#nerfmercs/mandos

Dell_Revan

Exactly Joe. I don't even worry about reactive shield as you can burn right through it if you focus. It's just the 6-second reflect that gets people...but after 6-seconds, they're as easy as ever.

They are like sorcs, gotta wait for the bubble to burst before you can take them out.

Best way to learn how to kill a class is to play the class. I have 8 main toons, 1 of each mirror class (If i have a sith jug i have a jedi sentinal to make it 4 pubs 4 imps) and i constantly swap between every spec (dont get me started on gearing without ops 100% drop yet till 5.2) so i have played literally every spec in the game since 4.0 actively im always alt hopping between those 8.

From playing commando ik the weakness of each dps spec. The point is the main issue is the shield/self heal utilities which can be dealt with by ignoring them. It's like in the crimson fang uprising and other ops/fps that mirror one of the mechanics, when the shield goes up which auto bounces damage back to you do you continue to lay ordinance on it? No. You stop all dps on that target and move on till its off. Same with pvp with commando's once they pop you focus on a tank or another dps or healer if you aren't already till their reactive shield and reflect shields go down then you burn them.

Only thing you have to worry about is adrenal rush brining their health up to 70% (why vanguards can't have this is beyond me they need it more then commando's) but after that goes through same deal. It's just like sorcs in their self heal bubble wait till its done channeling, burst it, then kill.

Know these things and gg dead commando/merc

Only thing you have to worry about is adrenal rush brining their health up to 70% (why vanguards can't have this is beyond me they need it more then commando's) but after that goes through same deal. It's just like sorcs in their self heal bubble wait till its done channeling, burst it, then kill.

I could not agree more. VG's/PT's need help and this would be great for them.

This seems to be a recurring theme with some PVP players. Nerf this class, or that class and if you mention pve, oh that is easy even if some of the pve players are doing hard mode or NIM operations. Everything to them in pve is easy no matter what it is.

I wonder why there are some pvp players that can actually kill this class but yet some make it sound no one can.

You're saying that because good players can kill bad or average mercs, that mercs are fine. Player skill is one thing. Class balance is another thing. Insisting that class balance is achieved by one player having more skill than another is not only situational but fundamentally flawed.

They are like sorcs, gotta wait for the bubble to burst before you can take them out.

Best way to learn how to kill a class is to play the class. I have 8 main toons, 1 of each mirror class (If i have a sith jug i have a jedi sentinal to make it 4 pubs 4 imps) and i constantly swap between every spec (dont get me started on gearing without ops 100% drop yet till 5.2) so i have played literally every spec in the game since 4.0 actively im always alt hopping between those 8.

From playing commando ik the weakness of each dps spec. The point is the main issue is the shield/self heal utilities which can be dealt with by ignoring them. It's like in the crimson fang uprising and other ops/fps that mirror one of the mechanics, when the shield goes up which auto bounces damage back to you do you continue to lay ordinance on it? No. You stop all dps on that target and move on till its off. Same with pvp with commando's once they pop you focus on a tank or another dps or healer if you aren't already till their reactive shield and reflect shields go down then you burn them.

Know these things and gg dead commando/merc

Energy shield. 12 Seconds.

Responsive Safeguards. 6 seconds.

Kolto Overload. 8 seconds.

That's 26 seconds of not attacking a merc. That's not even all of their defensive abilities either, by a long shot. So a merc gets 26 seconds of not getting attacked while they continue to dps or heal. It's not like a sorc bubble whatsoever, because a sorc is stuck channeling the bubble. Sorcs don't kill people when bubbled, or heal their team either.

That's the difference.

Energy shield. 12 Seconds.

Responsive Safeguards. 6 seconds.

Kolto Overload. 8 seconds.

That's 26 seconds of not attacking a merc. That's not even all of their defensive abilities either, by a long shot. So a merc gets 26 seconds of not getting attacked while they continue to dps or heal. It's not like a sorc bubble whatsoever, because a sorc is stuck channeling the bubble. Sorcs don't kill people when bubbled, or heal their team either.

That's the difference.

Well you can still attack the merc/mando with energy shield because its heal is only when it collapses after those 12 seconds, so if you know you can do enough dps to take them out before that huge heal stack they receive from it its all game making it 14 seconds, their pushback can be countered if you are ranged or melee by jumping towards them or if your ranged no worries. Only thing i would recommend getting rid of is the adrenal rush to 70% hp, get rid of it and give it to Vanguard/Powertechs they need it more. Also i see sorcs to often stop the channel to attack depending on the situation and WZ.

Thing is mercs/mando's aren't that hard to kill if you know the class, plus in many WZ's you have a target rich environment if a mando/merc pops those abilities you divert firepower from them to another player much like you would to if a sorc bubbled, if you cant kill a certain player right then from an ability kill the guy next to him then move back to the original target, its not that hard to do. Played 6 WZ's today had no trouble with mercs/mando's on my sniper and guardian.

Please, no more nerfs. A big nerf to a popular class will probably cause people to unsub. I would. Too much time invested in the rng gearing to start over if a class gets hit like sorcs did from 4.0 to 5.0. Bring the underperformers up, change damage or defensive modifiers when entering a WZ, split PVE and PVP skills, whatever. Don't mess up classes that players have been grinding CXP on to gear.

Well you can still attack the merc/mando with energy shield because its heal is only when it collapses after those 12 seconds, so if you know you can do enough dps to take them out before that huge heal stack they receive from it its all game making it 14 seconds, their pushback can be countered if you are ranged or melee by jumping towards them or if your ranged no worries. Only thing i would recommend getting rid of is the adrenal rush to 70% hp, get rid of it and give it to Vanguard/Powertechs they need it more. Also i see sorcs to often stop the channel to attack depending on the situation and WZ.

Thing is mercs/mando's aren't that hard to kill if you know the class, plus in many WZ's you have a target rich environment if a mando/merc pops those abilities you divert firepower from them to another player much like you would to if a sorc bubbled, if you cant kill a certain player right then from an ability kill the guy next to him then move back to the original target, its not that hard to do. Played 6 WZ's today had no trouble with mercs/mando's on my sniper and guardian.

The whole reason I responded to your post was that you stated the energy shield and reflect created a situation which was just like the sorc bubble, but clearly they are completely different situations. The merc can still act, the sorc cannot do anything but stand there.

A merc who is proactive with their energy shield is going to survive the 12 seconds. Only if they wait until that is their last dcd are they in danger of dying. When attacked, there isn't any reason for them not to use it, due to energy rebounder shortening the energy shield's cooldown to potentially 40 ish seconds.

Like most people who defend the merc situation in 5.0, your solution is to simply not attack the merc. No other class gets that consideration for the mere cost of a couple of utility points. No other class dishes out penalties for attacking them to that extent. Abilities like that, which heal the user when they get attacked, are overpowered on ranged classes. Melee can be kited to negate the damage they do during their dcds. Mercs can't be controlled that way.

And you don't even need the utilities in pve that need adjusting because pve is already so easy you can face roll a Merc in master mode.. so it's not actually going to affect you in anyway because the changes asked for are mainly utilities used for pvp.

Really? They want tracer missile and electro net removed, they are part of my rotation, if you are such an expert tell me a good rotation that will work without those abilities in a flashpoint like.. Cademimu, for example, where all the big bad juggernauts are on the floor since the first pacifier probe and i'm the last survivor.

Really? They want tracer missile and electro net removed, they are part of my rotation, if you are such an expert tell me a good rotation that will work without those abilities in a flashpoint like.. Cademimu, for example, where all the big bad juggernauts are on the floor since the first pacifier probe and i'm the last survivor.

Troll? If so, a solid 3/10. If not....

The majority of people here want adjustments made to either trauma regulators, energy rebounder, or both. There is also a lot of talk about removing the kolto overload utility from merc and giving it to PT. There's a lot of room for options, but no one is talking about tracer missile, and electronet isn't mentioned very often either. It's on Bioware to decide though, so whatever gets buffed or nerfed will probably be determined by RNG.

Play your pve how you want to, but I had a seriously good chuckle when I read that electonet is part of your "rotation". You should save it for when you actually need it.

The heal on energy shield must be removed. The shield lasts too long, spammable and heals for way too much. There should not be anything additional tied to a spammable DCD that increases your damage reduction by 25% for 12 secs.

The other stuff is okay. If you continue to single target merc through reflect it is user error.

If you ever arena vs 3 mercs and a healer you will know that something is definitely borked with Mercs. There is a reason this is a very favored setup right now, mercs have fast cooldowns on there dcd's with the correct utility setup they really can be unkillable with a healer.

They also do tons of dmg, like consistent 30k demo/heat seeker crits. Practically no energy management, and movement immunity for 10 seconds, which makes kiting an effective defense vs melee classes.

Oh, And electro net. The worst.

Oh, and they can tech-override insta cast concussion missle...., cuz BW logic?

If anything, they need a buff.

If you ever arena vs 3 mercs and a healer you will know that something is definitely borked with Mercs. There is a reason this is a very favored setup right now, mercs have fast cooldowns on there dcd's with the correct utility setup they really can be unkillable with a healer.

They also do tons of dmg, like consistent 30k demo/heat seeker crits. Practically no energy management, and movement immunity for 10 seconds, which makes kiting an effective defense vs melee classes.

Oh, And electro net. The worst.

Oh, and they can tech-override insta cast concussion missle...., cuz BW logic?

If anything, they need a buff.

Go against 3 snipers and a healer and get the same results. Or 3 sins and an operative healer, or 4 operatives, 1 of them heals.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Go against 3 snipers and a healer and get the same results. Or 3 sins and an operative healer, or 4 operatives, 1 of them heals.

Actually I only see snipers as being problematic given their aoe but operatives as so easy to take out. They don't have great burst healing and if you have a slow movement ability and a knockback you've just ended their ability to hit you very hard. Their aoe is weak AF. And for dps it's not a ranged aoe. You just need to be organised enough to focus all firepower on one at a time. The group can take out one in 15-20 seconds.

Operative healers suck in PvP. They nerfed their big heal. Sins wouldn't be too bad either.

It's the ranged fighters like mercs and snipers that you need to be troubled with.

If all 4 mercs flip on their do not touch us or we will heal shield then you're pretty much screwed in 12 seconds. You dead. There's no fighting that.

Edited by americanaussie

Actually I only see snipers as being problematic given their aoe but operatives as so easy to take out. They don't have great burst healing and if you have a slow movement ability and a knockback you've just ended their ability to hit you very hard. Their aoe is weak AF. And for dps it's not a ranged aoe. You just need to be organised enough to focus all firepower on one at a time. The group can take out one in 15-20 seconds.

Operative healers suck in PvP. They nerfed their big heal. Sins wouldn't be too bad either.

It's the ranged fighters like mercs and snipers that you need to be troubled with.

If all 4 mercs flip on their do not touch us or we will heal shield then you're pretty much screwed in 12 seconds. You dead. There's no fighting that.

Apparently you have never had 3 or more stealthers pop out at you at once. Class stacking helps in many cases, not just Mercs. Now granted, I would rather be on the team with 4 mercs (including 1 as a healer) than a group of stealthers or snipers but all are more dangerous due to class stacking.

Edited by HelinCarnate

3 sins and a healer of equal skill should defeat 3 snipers or merc with a healer. This has little to do with the sins damage output or survivability. They can guard the healer and taunt enemies, effectively reducing the damage the healer receive significantly. The enemy team cannot. Whoever burns the enemy healer first wins.

This though has nothing to do with class balance.

Edited by Ottoattack

Main point is if you have 3+ of any advanced class on a team in an arena you are likely screwed. If you have 4+ in any other WZ your also likely screwed. I remember playing a pylon game where the enemy team had 6 people cabale of stealthing 3 operatives and 3 sith assassins, and a sith sorc and a sith jug. you can immagine how hard it was to cap our own pylons because we got major stun locked.

Point is if the pvp ques made it so that it would restrict more then 2 of the same advanced class (for dps) in an arena or more then 3 (for dps) in a regular wz it may just solve these problems. Any time you have overwhelming numbers of 1 class like 4 mercs vs 4 others classes in an arena you are bound to loose, or 4 sith sorcs vs other classes, or 4 snipers, or 4 sith mara's. Point is to much of 1 advanced class on a team is the reason why.