Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Kellindell

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why? guild wars 1 was a joke...

The combat was extremely stiff and miles behind WoW and current MMOs, but their pvp system was great. Guild wars 2 seems to have improved on their combat vastly, it looks amazing, but I won't get my hopes up till I actually get to play it.

Edited by scrynen

The project thing is minor at best. Besides, what does it matter? Good pvpers don't whine and complain about what skill's what. They work with it to roflstomp their opponent.

I play as a Sage. In OP's example of Project why would I use project if he's about to cross the goal? Telekinectic throw. Channels and slows down even if it doesn't kill him right off the bat, giving a one-two second time period for someone else to peg him or cc him. Done.

And before anyone on the slow side says "One second isn't that much!" Wrong.

One second is HUGE as far as fights go. One second can mean the difference between someone healing himself in time to save himself or you killing them.

Anywhos onto my point. Yeah, project does take time to actually strike the opponent. I took that time to work it into a delayed burst for short but large amounts of damage.. Weaken, Project, Mind Crush, Telekinetic Throw.

Throwing all of the mirrors out of the window, in the end the person who is going to win is the person who knows how to play better. Done.

You make a fair point that you should rely on teamwork to thwart the opposition's plans, but you cannot soundly argue that Consulars should not have that instant-delivery Project when Inquisitors do, simply because you should rely on teamwork.

"One second is HUGE as far as fights go."

Every PVPer knows this, hence the debate. If one second can make a difference for an ally to come save the day, as in your advocated hypothetical, then it is equally possible that a truly instant damage Project could do the trick, depending on the enemy's current health. And finally, saying that skill will ultimately be the deciding factor as your final point goes without saying, BUT it does not mean there should be an uneven playing field because of animations!

I have to commend the poster (Kellindell) for this thread... I had my eyes opened and it actually makes sense because the republic wins probably 1 out of 10 games on my server and all I see is ... Sith Inquisitor 400k damage... next person below them are in the 100k range... this has to be looked at.

I am so discouraged from doing any PVP cause its the same thing... Empire wins, Inquisitor is highest damage... Sorcerer or Assassin...

I am Tired of it ...

I've played 6 of the classes from beginning to lvl 7-15'ish(missing the agent and sorcerer), and i've noticed that imps have those small imp-provements that you mention, trooper's full auto hits twice/2 secs when under attack, bounty hits for the whole duration even when under heavy fire. Smuggler's Sabo charge takes forever to reach a target so i NEVER use it, even when it has high burst damage(only bother on bosses).. also noticed that project(?) takes a while to hit a target with the pick the rock up animation, maybe they could fix it by making sorcerers having to charge up for the same time it takes sage's to pick up the rock?

haven't tried death from above's mirror much, so i can't comment on that. and i absolutely hate the cover mechanic so im never touching gunslinger/sniper again.

OK, tired of everyone saying project does "delayed" damage. The Animation IS delayed, the damage it deals IS NOT. Go test it, once project is fired on an enemy, the damage is done. That's why you'll see us empire players just stop casting/using skills because we get the message "can't use x while dead" even when we're alive.

The only thing animations actually effect are stopping someone from scoring in huttball, which honestly I've never seen someone score where project landing earlier would've actually done something.

Most ranged classes with delayed damage have this. The damage is applied without being shown, then when the animation hits, the numbers pop up.

As far as smuggler stuff, I agree it should be fixed, but STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT PROJECT.

I've played 6 of the classes from beginning to lvl 7-15'ish(missing the agent and sorcerer), and i've noticed that imps have those small imp-provements that you mention, trooper's full auto hits twice/2 secs when under attack, bounty hits for the whole duration even when under heavy fire. Smuggler's Sabo charge takes forever to reach a target so i NEVER use it, even when it has high burst damage(only bother on bosses).. also noticed that project(?) takes a while to hit a target with the pick the rock up animation, maybe they could fix it by making sorcerers having to charge up for the same time it takes sage's to pick up the rock?

haven't tried death from above's mirror much, so i can't comment on that. and i absolutely hate the cover mechanic so im never touching gunslinger/sniper again.

30 seconds on a CC ability is not remotely close to small. That is simply gamebreaking...

Should be hotfixed NOW.

OK, tired of everyone saying project does "delayed" damage. The Animation IS delayed, the damage it deals IS NOT. Go test it, once project is fired on an enemy, the damage is done. That's why you'll see us empire players just stop casting/using skills because we get the message "can't use x while dead" even when we're alive.

The only thing animations actually effect are stopping someone from scoring in huttball, which honestly I've never seen someone score where project landing earlier would've actually done something.

Most ranged classes with delayed damage have this. The damage is applied without being shown, then when the animation hits, the numbers pop up.

As far as smuggler stuff, I agree it should be fixed, but STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT PROJECT.

What he said

Oh, and stop thinkin that the reason you're losing to class X is because of class balance. It's a l2p issue.

/thread

What he said

Oh, and stop thinkin that the reason you're losing to class X is because of class balance. It's a l2p issue.

/thread

Please explain how my mirror class having their aoe CC on a 1 min timer as opposed to me having it on a 1 min 30 second timer is a l2p issue. I have no problems winning warzones. It doesn't matter.

A) There is already a population problem with imperials outnumbering republic by a lot.

b) Crap like this is only going to make the issue worse. I am already screwed over on animations on a scoundrel. I can deal with that even though it is absolutely stupid. 30 seconds on a CC ability though? This is inexcusable.

Smuggler Dirty kick stops the forward movement OF THE SMUGGLER, where as the IA version does not stop the forward movement of the IA. In other words, when a smuggler uses dirty kick it roots them in place, this is not so for IA's.

IA flash bang is on a 60 seconds CD, smugglers is on a 90 second CD. Otherwise the skills are exactly the same. So why does one class get a shorter cooldown on the exact same skill?

Yeah, not happy about this at all. Considering the already lacking fluidity of combat using Dirty Kick on someone who's running around you is rather awkward. The Sabotage Charge animation delay sucks too.

How can they justify a 30 second CD difference on Flash Grenade? The WAR devs should have known better.

I've played a trooper to 30-something in beta and a Bounty Hunter now in live and I'm not seeing the difference between Unload and Full Auto. They both function the same way, including the annoying bug where abilities will start to channel but won't actually do damage until you move and recast.

I've played a trooper to 30-something in beta and a Bounty Hunter now in live and I'm not seeing the difference between Unload and Full Auto. They both function the same way, including the annoying bug where abilities will start to channel but won't actually do damage until you move and recast.
Full Auto loses casting time if you're hit during the channel, Unload doesn't. If you're hit even once, you'll do one less tick of damage, which is a significant hit to the overall damage the ability does.

It's a pretty huge difference IMO, and actually makes FA much less useful in PVE as well (as long as you're taking any damage at all).

Edited by Zaphir

Full Auto loses casting time if you're hit during the channel, Unload doesn't. If you're hit even once, you'll do one less tick of damage, which is a significant hit to the overall damage the ability does.

It's a pretty huge difference IMO, and actually makes FA much less useful in PVE as well (as long as you're taking any damage at all).

Mechanically speaking they're identical, I lose cast time (and thus damage) from being hit while channeling Unload all the time. Do you mean Full Auto always loses cast time even with the 70% pushback resistance talent?

Edited by Rimbaldo

Mechanically speaking they're identical, I lose cast time (and thus damage) from being hit while channeling Unload all the time. Do you mean Full Auto always loses cast time even with the 70% pushback resistance talent?
Yeah, that's what people are complaining about (the pushback talent thing). I'm a vanguard myself and barely ever use Full Auto in the first place. :p I also saw a video during early access where the BH *without* this talent wasn't taking any pushback while being hit by 5 mobs (check the trooper forums), but I guess they fixed that by now.

The Mortar Volley thing, otoh, is very annoying. With the damage delay I can't get more than one tick off an enemy that isn't stunned -- unless I'm using it specifically to protect a voidstar door or an alderaan turret.

Project is not instant.

I just want to say that if they fix it, they can either speed up project or slow down the Inq ability, I would prefer the slowing down, the consular project delay looks really cool and works well. If they speed up project they should speed up the animation. The animation is the reason they slowed down project.

Edited by richardya

Bump until my mirror class has the same timer on their flash grenade.

Flash grenade 1 min 30 seconds.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/fT8pWgj

Flash Bang (EXACT SAME SKILL ON MY MIRROR CLASS OPERATIVE) 60 seconds.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/f5R2qsF

This needs fixed. No serious pvp player is going to roll Rebels with this kind of crap going on when you also add in that animations screw us over.

Let's see we are severely outnumbered, our gear/skins look horrible, and most rebel pvp players rolled this faction ONLY to help server balance, because animations heavily favored empire in pvp and everyone knew it post beta.

So not only do we get screwed on raiding (population), we get screwed in pvp as well.

Awesome...

I agree the differences need attention.

Until they've addressed this issue, I will take more satisfaction whenever I take out an Imp, while having the disadvantage.

"You got rolled by Republic? LOLZ".

Edited by Lazorous