Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Kellindell

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thing I hate is how garbage town full auto was planned out when its such an important and heavily talantable ability. Why does it have to be different? I carry a massive assault cannon not a sniper rifle.

I wish i wasn't a BH, i want a huge assault cannon not two little pistols!

Though from the sound of it, PvP wise BH was a better choice (If only my friends weren't empire)

Class differences make it more interesting...more diversity IMO!!!

It is only more interesting if you are on the side who's "diversity" gives them a serious advantage across the board. And consistently the imperial classes have this.

Regardless, it all needs to be perfectly mirrored for RvR to be competitive. Warhammer failed this miserably (Hello Bright Wizards), don't make the same mistake again.

i guess you won't be surprised then to find that the Warhammer guys from Mythic actually have their claws into the pvp side of this game, i heard they were hired on as consultants or something and yes this smells just like the same crap we had to deal with in warhammer. however warhammer was SOOO much worse as far as "mirror classes" went, at least swtor made some attempt at it.

It is only more interesting if you are on the side who's "diversity" gives them a serious advantage across the board. And consistently the imperial classes have this.

Imperials are dirty, republic fights with calm and honor. Different ideas/styles/mindsets :)

Imperials are dirty, republic fights with calm and honor. Different ideas/styles/mindsets :)

Mindset I can handle. The classes not being true mirrors consistently in favor of one faction however is a game breaker that will cause to a lot of lost subscriptions if they don't fix it.

Full Auto loses casting time if you're hit during the channel, Unload doesn't. If you're hit even once, you'll do one less tick of damage, which is a significant hit to the overall damage the ability does.

It's a pretty huge difference IMO, and actually makes FA much less useful in PVE as well (as long as you're taking any damage at all).

lies, Unload does loose casting time from being hit, it happens to me ALL THE TIME

Everyone does, or should agree that mirrors should be mirrors. Animations should not result in faction balance issues. That said, there are two abilities with which I have personal experience (BH Death from Above and IA Backstab), and in both cases, the OP's descriptions are inaccurate. DFA is not instant damage - there is a lengthy delay for the animation. Similarly, backstab (and shiv) are delayed while the agent draws a blade to perform them.

In short, I think the OP's agenda is correct. However, I suspect his facts -- or at least some of hem -- may not be.

agreed, DFA had about a 1.5 second delay on damage, click ability, you fly up in the air, missiles shoot back down, THEN you do damage. Plus half the time i use it it doesn't fire off because the server side still thinks i'm running around and the ability can't be used while moving. Literally have to stand still for a half second and THEN click the ability which puts you at roughly 2second delay. Most of the time people have moved out of the way by then.

Mindset I can handle. The classes not being true mirrors consistently in favor of one faction however is a game breaker that will cause to a lot of lost subscriptions if they don't fix it.

Ending up everyone rerolling empire.

On my server for example empire wins 75% of all WZ. Another funny thing i made a BH for fun checked how many ppl who were in the zone... guess what 89 then i went back to republic fleet and we had 111 ppl there. And 4 guys in our trooper starting zone.

BALANCE!!!

Have fun playing your 1 faction game.

Ending up everyone rerolling empire.

On my server for example empire wins 75% of all WZ. Another funny thing i made a BH for fun checked how many ppl who were in the zone... guess what 89 then i went back to republic fleet and we had 111 ppl there. And 4 guys in our trooper starting zone.

BALANCE!!!

Have fun playing your 1 faction game.

but...89 is less than 111....

The problem is that even if they fix it, the damage is already done. Empire now has a gear adavantage and there is no way to fix that. It smells of Warhammer and we all saw how that turned out.

Gear problems can be fixed by allowing people to get gear easier. They should really bring back the PVP gear for all levels that existed during the Beta. Personally I am a bigger fan of a game where gear has less to do with winning.