Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Onderon Datacron Thread!

captainwesson
08.30.2019 , 08:19 PM | #1
So same as when Ossus came out, let's use this thread to discuss datacrons and our findings

I was derping around and spotted the Endurance one near the Republic Forward Operating Base Speeder...I'm up high, about 10 meters from it, but can't see how to get there just yet.

Will edit as I find more, but post away! Datacrons!

FlameYOL
08.31.2019 , 07:56 AM | #2
I heard datacron sounds but I wasn't sure. It'd be nice if we could find a way to get to them.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

orangenkaiser
08.31.2019 , 08:07 AM | #3
There's a couple of videos on /r/swtor showing how to get 2 of the datacrons on Onderon if you want to check it out.
Snazzy Signature here

lightningseven
09.05.2019 , 08:23 AM | #4
so can we finally now talk about the underground Onderon Mastery datacron and it's HORRIBLE AUTO KILL feature - literally right after you get it, IT AUTO KILLS YOU and then you LOSE the datacron you just WASTED ALL THAT TIME trying to get to ... because it does NOT (and do not say "2 seconds!!!") give you time to get away from it ... because it does NOT give you time to get away from it. AS SOON as the cut scene ends, YOU GET KILLED. you do NOT have ANY time to get away from any kind of death effect AT ALL.

DEVS: PLEASE STOP THIS RIDICULOUS AUTO KILL EFFECT!!!! IT IS SADISTIC AND PERVERTED!!!!

if i worked real hard, to get over all of those puzzle squares and nearly invisible spikes (if you scroll in close enough, to make your view first person, it is not as hard to see the spikes, as compared to my normal 3rd person view)... THEN I DAMN WELL DESERVE TO KEEP the datacron that i got for myself.

BTW you made the whole thing instanced which i am not sure if that is good or bad since now we cannot group to get it?? or does that encourage grouping? i am not sure yet... uggggh I HATE grouping with others!
My NEW ideas for FUTURE #SWTOR6 #KOTET content:
Post-5.0 BUG LIST / FUTURE Content Requests AND Addendum: REVOLUTIONIZING SWTOR!
LEGACIES (Type "/CJOIN [legacy name]" IN CHAT to find me!): Satele Shan: CELESTIA; Star Forge: PALLADIUM; Darth Malgus: UNIVERSALYS

Etherax
09.05.2019 , 08:46 AM | #5
I already have both, I didn't depend on videos. I looked at the clues and if I screwed up I tried again. It took me about 50-60 deaths for the mastery one, but I got it. I like that it's challenging. It means people can't pay someone to get it for them and summon, they actually have to work to get it. I like it, it can't be bought (paying others to do the work) it shows ones dedication.

lightningseven
09.08.2019 , 10:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Etherax View Post
I already have both, I didn't depend on videos. I looked at the clues and if I screwed up I tried again. It took me about 50-60 deaths for the mastery one, but I got it. I like that it's challenging. It means people can't pay someone to get it for them and summon, they actually have to work to get it. I like it, it can't be bought (paying others to do the work) it shows ones dedication.
k that is RETARDED. NOBODY should have to try FIFTY or SIXTY TIMES to get a @#^@&@#$%^ DATACRON.
And saying that nonsense about paying others to get it for you??? since when did that ever happen or was ever allowed?? THIS ONE IS INSTANCED ANYWAY.... which means, unless someone is in a group, they ain't getting it.

in fact, NOBODY WILL EVER get this datacron and i highly doubt you got it either.

You must be one of the devs or artists working at Bioware .... uggggh

You're insane. and your comment was crap.
My NEW ideas for FUTURE #SWTOR6 #KOTET content:
Post-5.0 BUG LIST / FUTURE Content Requests AND Addendum: REVOLUTIONIZING SWTOR!
LEGACIES (Type "/CJOIN [legacy name]" IN CHAT to find me!): Satele Shan: CELESTIA; Star Forge: PALLADIUM; Darth Malgus: UNIVERSALYS

Aberd
09.26.2019 , 09:29 PM | #7
I got the mastery one, did not die 50-60 times either.

Found my way to the Presence datacron, but I am not able to get credit for some reason. It is half buried in the platform it is located on. Not sure if that has anything to do with it tho.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Nee-Elder
11.14.2019 , 04:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lightningseven View Post
k that is RETARDED. NOBODY should have to try FIFTY or SIXTY TIMES to get a @#^@&@#$%^ DATACRON.

THIS ONE IS INSTANCED ANYWAY.... which means, unless someone is in a group, they ain't getting it.

in fact, NOBODY WILL EVER get this datacron and i highly doubt you got it either.

You're insane. and your comment was crap.
Okay so, couple things here to address but lol jeez u got some serious issues dude....

Anyways, first off: Challenge is a good thing, even for a "_______ datacron" . Just imagine your reaction if this type of RL skills challenge was put into place more often in SWTOR for say ohhh i dunno an actual valuable item like 'Tulak Horde LS' .

Secondly, no one can "group" for it, since the instance is a SOLO 'personal' instance. So yeah, get your facts straight next time before rage posting CAPS-lock lol

Third, i just got the datacron myself and it took me around 20-25 tries (and i only used the in-game 'scroll' item at the start, which if you hover mouse-cursor over it gives you jump platform pattern hint). So yeah, it was both challenging & frustrating but in the best possible video-game way.

Lastly, for anyone else more rational stumbling upon this thread... Pro-tip: 'phase walk' = your friend

p.s. Devs or QA, if you're still watching these forums... What's the scoop with this? --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969072
Never tell me the odds!

ClaudeTaylor
11.18.2019 , 10:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lightningseven View Post
so can we finally now talk about the underground Onderon Mastery datacron and it's HORRIBLE AUTO KILL feature - literally right after you get it, IT AUTO KILLS YOU and then you LOSE the datacron you just WASTED ALL THAT TIME trying to get to ... because it does NOT (and do not say "2 seconds!!!") give you time to get away from it ... because it does NOT give you time to get away from it. AS SOON as the cut scene ends, YOU GET KILLED. you do NOT have ANY time to get away from any kind of death effect AT ALL.

DEVS: PLEASE STOP THIS RIDICULOUS AUTO KILL EFFECT!!!! IT IS SADISTIC AND PERVERTED!!!!

if i worked real hard, to get over all of those puzzle squares and nearly invisible spikes (if you scroll in close enough, to make your view first person, it is not as hard to see the spikes, as compared to my normal 3rd person view)... THEN I DAMN WELL DESERVE TO KEEP the datacron that i got for myself.

BTW you made the whole thing instanced which i am not sure if that is good or bad since now we cannot group to get it?? or does that encourage grouping? i am not sure yet... uggggh I HATE grouping with others!
I agree with you 100%! Other than the fact that ive been here since beta and I am sick of/burnt out on getting datacrons.. This one is just ridiculous. Makes me not want to resub

ClaudeTaylor
11.18.2019 , 10:28 PM | #10
As I said in a reply to a post below. I have been in this game since beta. I am burnt out on getting datacrons. There were enough datacrons before this expansion. There is no need for more datacrons! Please stop the torture. The original datacrons were fun this is plain ole torture.