Utility Changes coming in GU 5.6

EricMusco

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, and changes previously LIKE this, may well be what finally kills this game for me (I've taken a bunch of breaks, but I always end up back).

It seems like Bioware has decided that they don't WANT players to be better or worse, they just want everyone roughly the same, no matter their ability or class knowledge. Operatives who could cover-dance did more damage, so they removed that. Warriors and PTs who could stance-dance were more effective, so they removed that. Mercs who knew tricks like single ticks of blazing bolts proccing barrage did more damage, so they removed the damage bonus of barrage. Rocket punch? Could be great for good players, or bad for terrible players - so they removed it. And now this.

For the first time EVER since launch, I am bored of my commando/merc. Not because of their survivability, not because of their damage, not because of nerfs or buffs (now or previously). But because all of the tricks that separated the experienced from the new have been ironed out. It's almost impossible to do a suboptimal rotation now. And the same thing is happening to *every* other class. It's exactly the same PVE rotations for days, no matter what you're doing.

I'm all for making things more accessible to new players. But don't do that by dumbing it down for the more experienced. You're losing me. And I'm sure others like me.

if these change stay i wont be playing mara anymore and will let my sub lapse this gonna kill the canrage spec

Edited by scardera

• 2 weeks later...
fix the bug with bonuse set! Arsenal merc and some other classes over-performs after 5.6 update. Please fix this in 5.6.1

They've already stated what 5.6.1 will address and the set bonus bug effecting Mercs, Sorcs, and ??, is not listed. I doubt this will be addressed any time soon. Also, by so, they'll have to remove the set bonus bugg from all the specs effected and in doing so it will have to take the bugged self heals bonus all sorcs are getting and which are effecting others and than Sorcs will complain that they should have been allowed to keep their bugged self-heals because they didn't deserve to have their self-heals nerfed earlier in class balancing [which is the only thing you ask for that I agree with]. DPS sorcs shouldn't have had thier self-heals nerfed, but, now their self-heals are healing multiple people in a manner unintended. I don't think BW relishes the idea of having to "nerf" Sorcs with people like you constantly screaming for more buffs when they've already been buffed and more nerfs for every other spec who have already been nerfed more times than sorcs have.

While the sorc bug does cause unintended extra healing, I find it less offensive than the DPS buff the set bonus is giving to mercs and other specs. I do think that DPS sorcs should have the strongest self-heals out of all the DPS specs but less DPS as a consequence, and I have no objection to the self-heals of DPS sorcs being raised to some degree with present DPS values remaining as is, but, that this bug is healing other people beyond the sorc themselves at the same time, it is damaging to PVP.

The problem with class balance is that it is impossibly to achieve using the strategy set by BW [based solely on dummy parsing]. I'd think it would be blatantly apparent to anyone 5 years of age or older that in not taking into consideration in the slightest the defensive capabilities of the specs and the myriad of other abilities some specs possess that are not directly effecting DPS [self-heals, off-heals, off-tanking, guarding, combat rez, perma-stealth, CC kit, mobility, range, adaptability, role-options, skank-tanking, utility options, armor effects, etc.] makes class balance an impossibility.

When you state [and others] that this "undoes" the class balance initiative they have enacted, or that is not in keeping with the strategy they have set for class balance, you give credence to that strategy as if it can and is a reasonable method of achieving class balance. Given the amount of times you have asked for a double buff to Madness sorcs, while at the same time asking for nerfs for every other single spec in the game practically, many of which have been nerfed multiple times already since 'class balancing' started, you are in essence asking for things that can't possibly lead to class balance. - - You think it's reasonable for Madness to be the only spec in the game to receive a double DPS buff since class balance has started when practically every other spec has been nerfed multiple times already and you want them to nerfed even more. If they gave madness a second DPS buff in class balancing, it would cause a friggen riot. Madness sorcs in PVP are hardly under performing DPS wise, quite the opposite. Is it a lot of fluff, yeah, it is, but if you don't want to do a lot of fluff damage, don't play madness, it's a sustained dot-spread class, it's suppose to do a lot of fluff damage in PVP. You want to give a sustained dot spec good burst damage? Yeah, because that's balanced, right? .

You have DPS specs that have been nailed multiple times, one of them has received a double dps nerf and its a pure DPS class. Defensives being taken away, ridiculous heals on ranged DPS classes where there are some melee DPS classes that couldn't heal a paper cut facing off against each other. Slows not having any effect whatsoever on resolve leaving melee specs almost perpetually slowed and stuck out in the open while every ranged spec in the game is having a turkey shoot good time with em.

All I see from you is make Madness OP, and nerf the crap out of everyone else. Stop acting like class balance is what you are looking for, because it's not. If class balance is what you were looking for, you wouldn't be asking BW to keep to their proposed strategy for class balance. Yet, you keep on asking them to keep to that strategy. The only people who are really looking for reasonable class balance are those people who are stating get rid of the strategy BW is currently using, and either bring back expertise, or separate PVE and PVP builds because you cannot balance classes for both PVE and PVP with the same stroke because you are having over-performing specs in PVE being nerfed when those same specs were not over performing in PVP and thusly did not deserve to be nerfed in PVP and vice versa.

I've seen you post in multiple strings now to nerf Mercs because of the set bonus bug, but oddly, I have not seen you ask for Sorcs to be nerfed when they are effected by the same exact bug as Mercs, save that it is effecting heals instead of DPS. Factually speaking, Sorcs are over-performing right now because of the set bonus bug. You, as a madness Sorc are playing an over-performing spec right now. I, as a DPS spec player, can't heal one single point of damage on my own, not 1.

If mercs should be nerfed because of the set bonus bug, than so should Sorcs and which ever other specs are so effected. Yet, I'm not making posts yelling at the Devs to nerf DPS sorcs because the set bonus is causing their heals to over perform. Why am I not?

What would be the difference? Let mercs and Sorcs keep their set bonus bug. Either way there isn't going to be class balance. Class balance is worse now than it was before it started in 5.2. I'd much prefer to see all of the "class balance" changes undone and set back to their starting values like it was when 5.0 first dropped.

Anyone who supports the current methodology being used for 'class balance' as is, doesn't want class balance achieved even remotely. The combat team [i use that term loosely] has shown that it literally doesn't know how certain specs actually work and needs to have things pointed out from the player base in that regard.

But by all means, keep crying wolf.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

This last patch killed it for me, uninstalled and cancelled sub 5 mins ago. Classes imbalaenced in pve AND pvp. HOW does a dev get into that state?

They're just completely clueless. Time and again they have shown that they really don't know how at least some specs actually function, and if you don't know how something works you can't possibly be in a position to effect 'class balancing'. After 5.6, somehow they actually found a way to make class balance worse. As I've said once or twice before, there was better class balance prior to 5.2 than there is now post 5.6. We'd be better off if they reversed all the changes they've made since they started the class balancing fiasco and left it like that.

You cannot balance classes based solely on dummy parsing. With that as the measuring stick, it was hopeless right out of the gate. That players have repeatedly brought attention to this flawed design premise of balancing has not moved them in the slightest to reconsider their methodology. It just gets worse and worse every path.

The only people who are really at fault here are those who continue to employ those working on class balance. They're are one of the principal reasons for the loss of subscribers and much of the player base discontent.

When you try to 'fix' things that aren't broken you usually end up breaking them.

The mercs and snipers are happy though, and that's what's really important.

Imperial

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sniper

• The heal given to Ballistic Shield by Defensive Safeguards has been reduced from 3% to 1% of maximum health per second while under Ballistic Shield

DevNotes: The Sniper’s defensive cooldowns were too strong, so we reduced the effectiveness of Defensive Safeguards.

Thanks!

-eric

Can you stop nerfing classes to appease the PVP community??? Cant you just put a code in that (inside a war zone) damage, defense, health, healing, etc are decreased to a certain amount and leave PVE alone? PVP has literally dictates so many changes its ridiculous... anyone remember the sniper ability Eviscerate or Headshot??? No?.... anyone?..... Removed because you couldn't activate them in PVP...... Slice droid, not even sure why, that got removed... the 8 target flash bang on snipers... why just why... that nerf was extremely annoying PVP sure yea i can see how that can turn the tide of battle in TWO war zones (Voidstar and Novar Coast) but thats about it... that code could have been written, "upon entry of a war zone X ability only affects one target" this update with the ballistic shield my immediate thought was what, people in PVP complaining about the sniper heal that ticks for about 5k? In a HM operation thats pretty decent if the whole team dies and the sniper is the only one alive and the boss has 5% HP left (actual scenario I lived, boss died).

So whats next in a later patch Powertech healing nerf? i mean they get 7 shoulder rockets that heal for 5% and kolto over drive that heals them up to 70% why not strip that from them and make it mercenary exclusive? they are not healers why do they have a heal ability? lol

While were at it take away the enrage defense from juggernaughts they shouldn't have a heal that does more healing than incoming damage to pop them back up.

oh we can also take away the overdrive saber heal and assassins shelter from assassins, they don't need that they have saber ward and force shroud.

why not just remove all healing abilities from the game if they're not specced healer. that should make it easier for the PVP community to kill each other since that is your overall goal

Oh, one more thing... Since PVP is dictating changes, can we get a resolve bar for PVE content at least on planets outside of phases? why is it that only in PvP with limited stuns do we get a resolve bar and not on planets doing regular questing where an NPC can just paddle off stuns like no tomorrow??? THAT should be changed to where a resolve bar is just active period and it fills up just like it does in PVP and once full has the same effect of being immune to stuns for 6 seconds and then resets preventing NPCs from doing exactly what happens in PVP... obviously in a phase for story or Operations remove the bar.

Edited by Jamalzero
I didn't have the quote from the Dev

Can you stop nerfing classes to appease the PVP community??? Cant you just put a code in that (inside a war zone) damage, defense, health, healing, etc are decreased to a certain amount and leave PVE alone? PVP has literally dictates so many changes its ridiculous... anyone remember the sniper ability Eviscerate or Headshot??? No?.... anyone?..... Removed because you couldn't activate them in PVP...... Slice droid, not even sure why, that got removed... the 8 target flash bang on snipers... why just why... that nerf was extremely annoying PVP sure yea i can see how that can turn the tide of battle in TWO war zones (Voidstar and Novar Coast) but thats about it... that code could have been written, "upon entry of a war zone X ability only affects one target" this update with the ballistic shield my immediate thought was what, people in PVP complaining about the sniper heal that ticks for about 5k? In a HM operation thats pretty decent if the whole team dies and the sniper is the only one alive and the boss has 5% HP left (actual scenario I lived, boss died).

So whats next in a later patch Powertech healing nerf? i mean they get 7 shoulder rockets that heal for 5% and kolto over drive that heals them up to 70% why not strip that from them and make it mercenary exclusive? they are not healers why do they have a heal ability? lol

While were at it take away the enrage defense from juggernaughts they shouldn't have a heal that does more healing than incoming damage to pop them back up.

oh we can also take away the overdrive saber heal and assassins shelter from assassins, they don't need that they have saber ward and force shroud.

why not just remove all healing abilities from the game if they're not specced healer. that should make it easier for the PVP community to kill each other since that is your overall goal

Oh, one more thing... Since PVP is dictating changes, can we get a resolve bar for PVE content at least on planets outside of phases? why is it that only in PvP with limited stuns do we get a resolve bar and not on planets doing regular questing where an NPC can just paddle off stuns like no tomorrow??? THAT should be changed to where a resolve bar is just active period and it fills up just like it does in PVP and once full has the same effect of being immune to stuns for 6 seconds and then resets preventing NPCs from doing exactly what happens in PVP... obviously in a phase for story or Operations remove the bar.

Not sure why you're complaining about that nerf in PvE... snipers were doing fine without a heal on ballistic shield before they introduced this utility, in fact they are still doing well on PvE... :)

But hey, I don't blame you, it sure must be difficult, not being able to heal to full when doing heroics... think how powertech must be doing then, they almost cannot heal at all ! D:

It goes both ways. They nerfed Carnage because of PVE not because of PVP and now Carnage is a totally different spec in it's playstyle and damage potential. We've seen multiple instances of this happening both ways.

BTW, resolve, doesn't do one friggen thing in PVP, it's virtually useless. Feel free to add it to PVE for all the good it will do you. Play a few PVP matches and see how useful it is yourself in the hell storm of CCs getting thrown around every two seconds. It's disgusting.

It goes both ways. They nerfed Carnage because of PVE not because of PVP and now Carnage is a totally different spec in it's playstyle and damage potential. We've seen multiple instances of this happening both ways.

BTW, resolve, doesn't do one friggen thing in PVP, it's virtually useless. Feel free to add it to PVE for all the good it will do you. Play a few PVP matches and see how useful it is yourself in the hell storm of CCs getting thrown around every two seconds. It's disgusting.

Well, it is more usefull to some class, I'll admit that resolve does play an important part in a sin gameplay...

But yeah, on a jugg or PT, it virtually does nothing good. You'll die anyway. x)