The Zenith fanclub

kalarigamerchic

/signed

I love the voice. Just have the actor call me on the phone and we'll talk. Melt.

I also love the no-nonsense brevity and he's a crack shot.

Iresso is not at all interesting. He's a boy. Please, bioware, write a romance arc for him for us females who aren't interested in the boy next door (in farmland usa). Please?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Yes! sign me up at once! I just fell in love with my Jedi Shadow, currently questing on Hoth and Zenith is my go- to companion. At first I was just excited to get him since my Consular is also a Twi'lek, but he has really grown on me. He's blunt, he can be gruff, and walks to his own beat. BUT, he isn't evil and as I got to know him better, something about him strikes a balance that really appeals to me.

Darn it Bioware, not a single class gets two romance options for the ladies! :(

In this case, why couldn't you go the extra distance on this one and just give a girl her Twi'lek love interest?!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I know this makes me something of a coward, but I love Zenith and I don't want any risk of messing up his story line. Could a fellow Zenith fan give me a tip?

So I know the Balmorra refugees traded with the Empire. If I urge Zenith to forgive them (not arrest them), will he still win his election? Or do I have to let him arrest them? I'm playing Light Side, so it makes sense for me to do the former, but I also want him to win!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started up my Shadow not all that long ago but Zenith > Solider boy over there...i don't know why BW didn't write in a romance arch for him AND I'm a guy lol.

I still like to get involved with my character's life, whether male or female, and I think i shall be sticking to the Jedi ways of no relationships..my Jedi will just have an unrequited love for the moody, grizzled sniper. :jawa_frown:

I too love Zenith and also wish he was a romance option. I couldn't WAIT to get him on my ship when I first met him. Lots of passion and "personality." How disappointing to find we can only be friends.

One place I differ on him is I don't see him as a bad boy as he's definitely NOT a boy and he's fighting for the freedom of his people - NOT bad. To me a bad boy is a nice way of saying immature jerk and I don't think Zenith is. Other than that I'm with you he's awesome.

My Jedi Shadow didn't get to spend as much time with Zenith in battle as she did with Theran for the heals. So she's buying all the gifts he likes to get more on ship convo. Hopefully my walking the dark side Sage will comp with him more. Maybe some day Bioware will listen and make him an option.

Wow, glad to see this thread is still alive and that we have new converts. I've been suffering from MMO burnout since March...

I'll be moving over to GW2 in Aug, we still have Troy Baker in the form of Logan Thackeray. Still I can't bring myself to cancel my SWTOR sub...this is purely because I would miss my companions! (especially our ZenZen..he allows me to call him that now, we're best buds...)

To anyone who see's this thread as proof of "nice guys finish last" I have one word for you...Alistair!

• 2 years later...
Does Bioware make Updates to the Romances? Are there new romances or does they make "older" companions romancable?

Thanks! :)

No, sometimes, no.

They're not going to be changing any of the old companions, but they add new flirtable NPCs through new content. For instance: Lemda Avesta and that one Sith dude for the Imps in Makeb. They're romanceable by characters of their same gender. Then there are characters like Lana Beniko and Theron Shan, who are bisexual.

Edited by Faolon

I kept wanting to post my pleas for Zenith romance in the end game with my suggestions forever, but since romantic threads always get a lot of flames, I was afraid. Figured here nobody will really see it, so... fwiw.... here are my dreams about Zen's romance for Chapter 4+

Overall, I am wishing for more content in the Endgame for the existing companions. In particular, the new romances triggered with the characters that did not get them during the first phase of the game, in the levelling. Why I am asking?

1. The most interesting companions (for me) did not get the romantic options.

2. A lot of backstory has already been told, and it can be built upon nicely

3. Gives a chance to the new SGR content as well, as it can be designed to leave out PC’s gender

4. Gives a chance to a more adventure-oriented romance without an official commitment implied (i.e. marriage)

5. Allows to play through the game and skip the default flirting options or ‘underwater stones’ decisions if you don’t like them without feeling like you’ll never will get anything if you don’t go for it, even if you do not like it

Of course, Zenith being my abs favorite companion, I would first and foremost want that romance to happen! But I am also hoping it could be possible for Scourge, Gault, Talos and Pierce. Heck, even Guss if we can get a Nautolan customization for him instead of the Mon Calamari.

I would also prefer to get the end-game romances in the NarShadda Stronghold as an option, with the cutscenes positioned against the skyline background rather than the star-map on the ship.

I imagine an end-game romance as a sequence of 5-10 dialogues, triggered on levelling (unless the affection bars get a a few extra ranks)

Here is an example of Zenith ‘s romance storyline could look like:

1. Honorable Exile. Zenith admits that Cordain subtly blocks his return to Balmorra. Talks about Cordain keeping his lead on the Rift Alliance despite ‘officially’ delegating it to Zenith. PC can re-iterate her acceptance of Zenith despite his patchy past. Zenith could say something to the extent that the Honorable Exile has its upsides.

2. Half-Forgotten. Zenith will tell the PC how the war makes the past so blurry it starts feeling like a part of someone else’s life. He will tell his ‘before the war’ background. F.ex he was an exploration geologist for one of the Corporations for quite a few corporate years. But he always missed the self-starter kid he was who supported himself through hunting down rare minerals for the collectors and not always in the most law-abiding ways.

3. Tunnel Vision. The extreme circumstances has a way to limit the thinking to solving the immediate problems and very simple emotions. Or not. Camaraderie is a big part of groups that face death endlessly. Hint at a possibility of romantic feelings springing up despite or because of it.

4. A Sight for Sore Eyes. Zenith comments that from his position in the back he rarely sees PC’s face and misses it. PC can tease that all she can recall about him is the sound of the rifle. Take a moment to look at one another.

5. The Old Star Atlas. The chance to introduce a PC’s nickname for the VO’s (personally I hate those, but they are almost inevitable). Tease that Zenith’ old cell seemed to borrow its undercover names straight out of the “Cosmos Atlas for Kids”. Zenith can kid around with the most atrocious nicknames for the PC with the space theme.

6. Within Reach. Wanted to do that for some time/attempt at a kiss with PC’s options to accept, mildly polite reject and strongly reject the cutscene. Mild rejections needs the very pointed and obvious ‘well do you want romance or not?” to follow, so the PC could Esc and think it over if desired & replay.

7. Name’s a Name. Zenith says his handle was not designed to be used in personal enough circumstances. PC can tell him that she has a name for him in her mind and he’ll accept that w/o providing a Bio-given birth-name. Keep Zenith is another option, and finally, get a Bio given birth-name. Followed by the invite to the FTB. Accepted or rejected by the PC.

8. Lekku. Innuendo with Twi’leks and lekku theme, with a species specific sub-options. ‘Cause it gotta be there!

9. Onward. Acknowledges the strong feelings for one another, but puts the emphasis on the heroic status of both lovers and the “comrades-in-arms” rather than the “happy family in the making” aspect of the relationship.

Edited by DomiSotto

I don't understand it, Bioware's politic with Romances ..... somehow. If their are three men, they take the strange nerd (and their are sexy neirds, but not the doctor) and the boring soldat. Why should they take the Clint Eastwood-Twi'lek with a voice to .... huuhhh with a great voice to have a romance? Are their no females in the Bioware team? Dit they not ask them? But Bioware have a long tradiotion to make boring male romances ..... (Kotor, Mass Effect and so on).

BIOWARE I WOULD PAY MONEY FOR MORE ROMANCES OR A ROMANCE OPTION WITH ZENITH!! I would pay about .... 20,- €uro for something like this. MORE than I pay now for the Revan update.

Bioware: Give it a chance: Make a update with romances, for money. And look how succesful it is. I think a lot of people will pay and buy.

PS: Sorry that I don't tlak about homosexuel romances, but I don't know a lot about them. Hope just for all homosexuel people that they get a lot of great romances, too. :) And of course it would be great if homosexuel people get a lot romance options, too. :)

However, there are a lot of female players who (gasp) don't like Zenith.

Sorry, can not believe they ARE female. Playing a FemConsular - sure, but not female IRL. And should we have 2 romances - Zenith and Iresso, I would bet any amount of money that poor Lt would be forgotten forever, at best get some attention (purely out of curiosity) on third or forth play-through.

Nah. Just different strokes for different folks. Iresso's story could have been plenty interesting, we just never find out what it was that was loaded into his head. :)

Zenith, however, is by far more interesting character, by far better match for a Jedi Master, and holds his own far, far, far better. Zenith is even better in that he can be interesting and work well with both a LS and DS Consular.

A crew like that, and only one romance? Ah, what a waste :)

Edited by DomiSotto

I don't understand Bioware / EA. They could make soo mutch money with this companion stuff ..... why are they always working on PvP and Missions and sutch things. Sex sells - love sells, romance sells and of course appearance sells.

A guildmember of mine would sell his soul for a appearance customization for Scorpio. :D

The women of my guild would sell the whole boys of our guild for a romance with Zenith. :D But don't tell them .... ;)

I have been asking this question for the past 15 years.

The only semblance of an answer is that BioWARE has market research that confirms that female gamers are a very small fraction, so the content is always geared to a male teen, meaning that even female romances are tame and bland, and the toons are tamed to not threaten the macho-ness of the Great Male Hero. No such restraints are placed on the female NPCs, who often come across to me as insufferable, but male consider them spirited.

Bio also not doing anything significant for the other very small fractions, like, say, ranked PvP.

I do not know why they keep producing NiM content, but I am guessing the population is enough to support X-hard content.

Just adding dialogues though means they would have to try to please everyone, which means more dialogue/VA for 40 companions,which is probably too much no matter how eagerly people are asking for that. It is easier for Bio to go for a quick win of a new planet with a quest-specific, gender-neutral options. Romance out of the can, no customization required. 2 dozen extra lines of voiced dialogue, rather than hundreds.

But it is a complete mystery to me why we can't at least get more customization for the existing characters to change their looks and species into something a female would find appealing.

Edited by DomiSotto

I had my hopes for Andronikus. Met him on my male Inq, and yeah, good voice, and not another dainty male beauty there, but another has been. Another Captain without a ship eager to pilot mine. Meh. Zenith is the best choice still. By now I have met all the rI's save for Vector and Torian, and neither one of them sound intriguing tbh. Oh, well.

• 10 months later...
Another romance unfulfilled..

Sign me up

Welcome to club! Share your pain, it is here to stay, you will never see the end of it. Looks like Zenith fans is a source of amusement and a good laugh for Bioware, just look at Shadow of Revan addon: they gave Zenith's voice to Theran Shan - STILL NOT ROMASABLE (though here you can at least flirt a bit).

No doubts, the voice is gorgeous (it's Troy Baker after all) but to hear it from a character nowhere near as hot and cool as Zenith, while Zenith is standing right near you in that cut-scenes... It's like BW is deliberately trolling us! Shame on them!

Edited by Mirandel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
They DO hate us! Deeply and passionately. Now it looks like Zenith is removed from the game!

Feeling stupid to re-open this thread but.. after 3 years of playing, Zenith is still my favorite. Every single update i wait and hope for a certain alert.. maybe, just maybe he is not all gone and forgotten? :(

He will never be forgotten by those who played JC (especially FemJC) but BW - this is totally another matter. Looks like switched to TS for good.

(Can not believe it - 3 years and I am still here in the same thread with the same sad story. Last time, though, I sware. As soon as subs expires I am gone)