Game is too difficult now.

vingmotor

as the topic says. companions sux again. and my character does so too. that means no fun , atleast for me.

i dont have time to grind and group up with strange fellows. i play solo like a used to, but cant anymore.

im talking about lev 1-75 not odessen stuff.

-thanks for reading

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the heroic missions on Dromund Kaas with my level 70 Agent and found them to take about 25% longer.

Overall, it's going to take a lot longer to grind supply crates for the Alliance.

At least until I get the new gear... unless level lowering stops that?

Edited by Xina_LA

as the topic says. companions sux again. and my character does so too. that means no fun , atleast for me.

i dont have time to grind and group up with strange fellows. i play solo like a used to, but cant anymore.

-thanks for reading

Probably cause of these: (From the Path notes)

Channeled healing abilities for Companions in the healer role have had their cooldown increased to 8 seconds (up from 0).

-thanks for reading

Was much more difficult at release.

While I haven't done the heroics yet, I had no problems with the story that I did yesterday. I died a couple of times but that was my fault not paying attention to how many mobs I pulled. Yes you have to pay attention, but I haven't seen any thing that you can't do yet. I will be doing some heroics later and see. Of course I have 268/270 gear now on my sage and Iresso is only rank 24 right now.

I wouldn’t say it’s too difficult but everything is definitely taking longer than normal. Some heroics are def not possible without help anymore. And flashpoints are harder. With new players they tend to go undone because players drop from the group especially when there is a new player.

I wouldn’t say it’s too difficult but everything is definitely taking longer than normal. Some heroics are def not possible without help anymore. And flashpoints are harder. With new players they tend to go undone because players drop from the group especially when there is a new player.

Lowbies in FPs are even more useless now than they were before - I won't join an FP with lowbies as even in Hammer Station the lowbies were dying repeatedly while enemies were living noticeably longer.

Also some of the bosses hit hard for vet mode - I came close to dying several times (high level) when a boss would hit me for 1/3 + of my HP bar each time and only by running from kolto to kolto hoping it spawned before another hit came was I able to stay alive (some may find that fun and exciting - I find it to be excessive tuning).

World / story mobs are still a joke - the comp healing CD is noticeable in some places, but I didn't come across anything that put me in any real danger.

↑ ↑ ↑

The game has only gotten easier to the point even a minor inconvenience is having people crying over getting scratched. About time it got some gameplay back.

Did it though? I see people saying they can't 2 man a Heroic 4 anymore like that's a return to form or something. It's a heroic FOUR, the game should never be so easy you could 2 man that. Meanwhile, my new character is on Coruscant still having to turn their companion off and wear nothing better than greens before their health bar moves in combat.

Maybe the gameplay kicks in in the later content?

i think bioware intended for 4 heroics and vet flashpoints to require at least 2 people now. i dont think that is terrible for a mmo.

Too bad this isn't an MMO. It's a story driven single player game that lets you group with others if you like. Sorry, but that's what it's become over the years and if you flip the switch expect a reaction. Now, maybe this draws other players back again and offsets it. We'll find out soon enough. Then again, this isn't the first nerf to comps they've done and the last time didn't end well.

Did it though? I see people saying they can't 2 man a Heroic 4 anymore like that's a return to form or something. It's a heroic FOUR, the game should never be so easy you could 2 man that. Meanwhile, my new character is on Coruscant still having to turn their companion off and wear nothing better than greens before their health bar moves in combat.

They Heroics were changed so you could do them solo, same with story flashpoints but it seems they changed their mind now?

Two man means two people and two companions. That should be as good as 4 people.

Agreed. Everything feels too grind-y now. Not my thing. To each their own, but I'll let my sub expire (wish that wouldn't take a few months).

I liked it better when I did NOT have to turn my comp onto heal and take forever clearing mobs and bosses. That's just no fun for me. Challenging bosses that require learning mechanics.. that's the good kind of difficult. Whacking at an NPC all day while I just stand there, that's lame. I'll never understand why anyone wants that sort of "difficulty."

This thread is what happens when people get used to be so incredibly overgeared that they can faceroll everything. Most MM FP's in 5.x were tuned for I think 236 gear even though by the end of the expac, people were in 258's. Now with the gear reset, people are remembering what it's like to not be overgeared, you actually need to know your class and the encounters in order to do more difficult content.

This thread is what happens when people get used to be so incredibly overgeared that they can faceroll everything. Most MM FP's in 5.x were tuned for I think 236 gear even though by the end of the expac, people were in 258's. Now with the gear reset, people are remembering what it's like to not be overgeared, you actually need to know your class and the encounters in order to do more difficult content.

That isn't it. I've been leveling a new Jedi Knight over the past week and am only level 45. There has been a huge change in difficulty in terms of doing normal story content I am well overleveled for. I did Tatooine last night (again as a level 45 with heroic gear from level 40+ heroics so well over leveled and geared) with Kira set on DPS and was losing over half my health every other group of trash mobs. I had to have her spend a lot more time in healing to get through things.

This isn't only a companion issue either. Content that used to be possible with your companion dismissed is now tearing through me like tissue. The worst part is its not even making it harder, just longer. When Kira is on healing I can still do everything without any issue, but I can't keep her on DPS for trash like I could before. So it's just as easy for story content, just quite a bit longer.

Edited by Trobon

That isn't it. I've been leveling a new Jedi Knight over the past week and am only level 45. There has been a huge change in difficulty in terms of doing normal story content I am well overleveled for. I did Tatooine last night with Kira set on DPS and was losing over half my health every other group of trash mobs. I had to have her spend a lot more time in healing to get through things.

This isn't only a companion issue either. Content that used to be possible with your companion dismissed is now tearing through me like tissue. The worst part is its not even making it harder, just longer. When Kira is on healing I can still do everything without any issue, but I can't keep her on DPS for trash like I could before. So it's just as easy for story content, just quite a bit longer.

I sure didn't notice that when I was testing out my various characters last night, but it's totally what I want. I want crafting or finding better gear to have an effect. I want getting a new ability and learning how to use it to have an effect.

I'm so tired of just sleep walking through the story content, and I miss when SWTOR was a GAME from beginning to end.

I sure didn't notice that when I was testing out my various characters last night, but it's totally what I want. I want crafting or finding better gear to have an effect. I want getting a new ability and learning how to use it to have an effect.

I'm so tired of just sleep walking through the story content, and I miss when SWTOR was a GAME from beginning to end.

When it's happening even 15 levels overleveled and with good gear that does make it feel like getting a new piece of gear or new abilities is helping. I think it may have something to do with the gear scaling they are using.

The companion nerfs make sense, but not being able to play without either taking a break every trash pull or using a healing companion for content well below you isn't a challenge it's just a slower grind.

Edited by Trobon