Reread companion stories for returning player

Maelynn

After 5,5 years, I decided to install this game again and give it a new try. These past few days I've been quite busy dusting everything off, getting rid of gear that apparently no longer exists, and having to relearn all the ropes because omg everything has changed.

So, I figure out how to summon my companion and I see that I left in the middle of their story lines and quests. Corso Riggs starts talking about a guy named Viidu and what happened with his cousin, and I'm just standing there nodding my head and wondering who the hell they are. And it's just as bad on other characters with other companions (I have one of each class, so it's a bit of a pain).

I thought it'd be easy to find a place where I can read up on all the companion's quests and stories, so that I can remember the stuff I left in the middle. Kind of like a sparknotes version of a book that you find with a bookmark you placed somewhere in the middle several years ago. Of course, you can easily just start over in that book. This game, not so much.

Anyway, nowhere on the internet can I find a place that has a description of what happens during these companion quests. I'm still wondering what happened to Corso's cousin, for example. At most I can find backgrounds of companions, and some things that happen during the class story, but I need the companion-specific ones. And either my Google Fu needs improvement, or it's just not listed. And I refuse to believe the latter, hence my request in this forum.

TLDR: so, my question is: is there a website somewhere that has all the spoilery descriptions of the companion story quests? For all companions, all classes?

Viidu is the fat guy on Ord Mantell that you were sort of working for. He gets killed by his girlfriend at the end of the planet storyline. Corso used to work for him directly and is the only one who will ever mention him [thankfully]. Corso's cousin is Rona. Corso described her as a female version of himself, but they eventually find her on NS and she's a Black Sun underboss. You can resolve that quest in a variety of ways, but Corso will moan about it regardless.

I had a lot of trouble keeping track of the smuggler storyline. After you get your ship back you kind of fall into a class B plotline that lasts for the rest of Act 1. Act 2 is you remembering that you lost a shipment of guns for Rogun the Butcher [Ord Mantell storyline], and he's pissed, but that gets put on hold because you immediately fall into a class C plotline...that lasts for the rest of Act 2. These threads don't get resolved till near the end of the class story, so a lot of the game is spent going from one planet to another doing jobs for the Republic that aren't actually in your job description.

It might be easier to start over. Levelling is pretty fast and easy these days, and it won't be long before the new characters catch up with the older ones. Bear in mind that you get far more character slots than in the past, so it shouldn't be necessary to delete the old characters either.

Oh man, I really don't want to start all over again. I know there'll be parts that are familiar, so having to trudge through everything again will surely kill my recently rekindled interest in the game.