Hard Mode Soa

My guild has reached Hard Mode Soa. After an easy first 4 bosses in a night we have reached a boss with a bit more challenging strat. From what we understand p1 is a tank and spank avoid green stuff. Jumping phase is straight foward. P2 is where we have gotten stuck. We are getting our tank mind trapped, is this a normal occurence. Secondly we are getting a continual 7k RAID WIDE dmg. This is WHAT is getting us. Is this 7k wide raid dmg normal, a mechanic we are overlooking, or just a plain bug?

make sure your killing 5 of the pylons on the way down. The big difference is that the orbs do a **** ton of dmg and need to be avoided or they can 1 shot a person. And yes the tank can be mind trapped at the beginning of phase 2. Hard Mode Soa is a entirely new league then anything you have faced and is extremely harder then normal or the 4 earlier bosses. Edited by StarDarien

yeah we learned that extremely fast. The orbs are the toughest part obviously. We were still slightly learning how to do it. We only got about 10 attempts in. Our big killer was when he would bring someone in the air for that 8-10 seconds....he woudl then land them ON TOP of a orb and they would die even if I was healing them in the air. Our raid wiper though, the only thing we could not manage, was he would flash bright yellow your screen flash yellowed basically and it did around 7-9k to the ENTIRE raid. We can overcome that one but the second time it became tricky especially if someone would accidently get hit from an orb. Any suggestions about this 7-9k raid wide dmg?

Actually the orbs on HM do about 6-7k when they explode, the real damage they do is in the 3k/tick AE they do to anyone nearby that is not their target. We've found it easier to just find out who they're targeting (default bind is alt-T) and have that person just go blow the orb up.

In mostly PvP gear we get him to ~10% pretty much every attempt with 4 melee, assuming we can avoid the stupid bugs like tank getting mind trapped in p3, the spike not actually breaking his shield despite being directly underneath it, someone getting picked up right before the p2-p3 transition, and lightning balls not warping all over the gosh darn place in p2-p3 transition.

The only real hard part is p3, the rest is just boring and repetitive. I like the fight but damn is it lame to have to go through p1, p2 and two transition phases (while avoiding all the aforementioned buggy/stupid mechanics) just to get to the hard part.

edit: As the second poster pointed out, the 7k AE you're talking about is probably the one he does if you don't kill enough of the ancient pylons on the way down the platforms during transition phases. You have to kill 5. I've never experienced it though since we've killed 5 every attempt, including our first.

Edited by AriasImmortal

Yea our best attempt so far was 7% but now every p3 attempt getting plagued by a healer getting trapped then a healer getting thrown into the air and landing on a ball that one shots him. Fun times but I forsee alot of guilds killing him this week or atleast the ones that are already attempting him.

Yea our best attempt so far was 7% but now every p3 attempt getting plagued by a healer getting trapped then a healer getting thrown into the air and landing on a ball that one shots him. Fun times but I forsee alot of guilds killing him this week or atleast the ones that are already attempting him.

Its the single most luck based encounter I have ever experienced in my life. Simply getting to p3 without someone randomly dying to some buggy **** is an achievement.

We kill 5 of those things every single time. That definatly isn't the issue. We will give the fight more attempts tomorrow no worries and try and mess with it some more. Thank you for the help!! We were honestly a tad shocked after how easy the previous content had been. Figured we would kill him eaze mod as well. Thanks again for the help.

Its the single most luck based encounter I have ever experienced in my life. Simply getting to p3 without someone randomly dying to some buggy **** is an achievement.

Yea but without killing him its just another failed attempt :(. Lol I would kill for the vent recording of that attempt though lol.

Edited by Dacadus

assuming we can avoid the stupid bugs like tank getting mind trapped in p3, the spike not actually breaking his shield despite being directly underneath it, someone getting picked up right before the p2-p3 transition, and lightning balls not warping all over the gosh darn place in p2-p3 transition.

Ugh. I'm starting to have trouble sleeping because of all this!

We got him to 0% (5k health) last night.

As you can imagine shiat hit the fan when he didn't fall :(

I remember when we first started learning all the aspects of the encounter. All the comments were so positive about the mechanics, etc. Now I freaking hate this fight with a passion! hahahaha