Collectors edition vendor

belizar

Read your EULA and then get back to me on that. ;)

And advertising can be retracted at any time and offers cancelled or revised. The right is reserved by the provider, not the consumer, as is the definition of the word "regular.

You READ and ACCEPT the EULA when you install the game and use the key, not when you buy it.

When you buy the CE it looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The-Republic-Collectors-Bundle/dp/B005B8DRVU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1382543887&sr=8-7&keywords=star+wars+the+old+republic

There is no wording from EA that they will change the content of the CE freely.

Edited by Neglience

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But have you not been reading the thread? The complainers don't want recolors or reskins.. they demand new leet exclusive items. :)

and therein lies the problem - expectations not matching reality does not mean contractual fulfillment has not been met.

Rather than complaining and debating/pointing out the legality or requirements of Bioware/EA, maybe best just to ask directly to the Devs "If you see this post, can you please give any of your own thoughts on this or any confirmation on when or what items may get added to the CE vendor"

In my humble opinion anything gained is a gift and would be greatly appreciated, frustration only lies with lack of official replies or arguably worse, being fobbed off with ambiguous statements such as "wait out" rather than an assessed time. It breeds the sort of rants some people post. So we'll see by if some are justified by actually putting some faith in the Devs and rather than rant, ask! Proof will be in any reply.

Regardless both the Devs and staff im sure are working very hard and have done an amazing job creating, for me, the best MMO. Some people I think need to be reminded that they are only human and have made some amazing successes, though its of course only the perceived failures people usually focus on.

At this point, Bioware should just add something to the CE vendor so this thread can finally die and everyone can shut up about it... until the Self-Entitlement Gods rise again and have to be appeased through free pixels.

You are right good sir. It would be so much better if they just said 'yes' or 'no'.

You really should shill, Andrea.... errr....chill, Andryah.... sorry for the typos

So you have nothing to say except a personal attack on another forum user? Wow, I guess you're what the Report button was made for.

Back on topic, I know some people have complained about reskins, but I actually think that would be a good compromise. I know armour can be dyed, but the colour of a speeder can be crucial when I am trying to match it to my armour. Or reskins in colours that can't be dyed (like we have the black and yellow dye).

I don't think we should be campaigning for completely unique items - it won't happen. BW have our money, how much money do you except them to spend keeping us happy??

BUT the general point that we were promised updates, which have been very limited, is valid. So I think we should be petitioning for reskins, or even better access to existing items. For example, there is no reason why the CE vendor couldn't permanently stock the Black/Black, White/White, Black/White and White/Black dyes. They are all available to all players, so they don't feel left out. But CE players get them anytime and get to buy them for credits rather than CCs, which is a perk I suspect a lot of players would enjoy. It would take very little effort for BW.

Just an example, but I do think we have to be practical. We are not gonna get our own exclusive unique awesome armour sets. It won't happen. We can all cry about it, but it just isn't in our future. Something like my dye idea is something I think BW could implement, if we can persuade them to listen to us.

And for those about to launch into anti-BW rants - they do listen, especially when we ask something politely and repeatedly :D

Hi! Any news on the regular updates? "Exclusive weapons and armor?"

Of course not. :D

Methinks we've already had our answer through what has actually been implemented; it's never going to happen. By making a concession, they also admit that they're not going to make good on the original intent. Heck, they didn't even make good on that claim at release with two sets of light armour. If the original team didn't intend to follow through, you can bet your biscuits that the current team isn't going to, either.

Not saying that's a good thing - simply stating my perception of the situation.

Not to mention that this team is hesitant enough communicating what they actually intend to do with the game - good luck getting them to talk about what they do not intend to do. :D

Edited by CelCawdro

[snip]

And for those about to launch into anti-BW rants - they do listen, especially when we ask something politely and repeatedly :D

Posting jokes here is a good idea to diffuse the displeasure brought about from being ignored by BW / EA.

Edited by Eillack

So you have nothing to say except a personal attack on another forum user? Wow, I guess you're what the Report button was made for.

Oh right, I forgot that it is ok for the apologists and employees to call people who do not agree with Bioware's policy regarding the CE Vendors names and insult them.

Am I unhappy with BW? Yes.

Am I voicing my unhappiness? Yes.

Am I stomping my foot and "threatening" to quit? No.

Am I throwing a tantrum? No.

And actually I already said other things. But the result was name calling by the apologists.

But I guess it is ok for them to call those that dare to state their opinion "entitled", "complainer for the sake of complaining", "whiner", "crybaby" etc.....

Yep, totally acceptable.

If the conversation would have stayed civil and without name calling, I wouldn't have felt the need for a quick jab.

Posting jokes here is a good idea to diffuse the displeasure brought about from being ignored by BW / EA.

:D Be careful not to be hounded for this one

Edited by Gavida

I think this may be an issue/reason why the vendor isn't getting updated:

Anything added to an in-game vendor for credits may end up taking away from cartel market sales.

Think about it.

What if they give us armor and weapons that people would want to wear? Cartel pack sales would likely drop.

What if black/black white/white or other rare dyes were added to the CE vendor? Dye pack sales would mostly die off.

The more desireable stuff put on the CE vendor, the fewer pack sales they would get from people buying packs/crates to get "that thing" they want. (there are threads in the general forums where people talk about buying crates to get specific items and are upset when they don't get them)

So... putting good stuff on the CE vendor would result in less new money for the company. Therefore I am not expecting to see updates to the CE vendor that many will consider to be "good"

Edited by Jaing

I don't think that putting Black/Black or White/White on the CE vendor as a BoP would influence the Cartel Packs a lot, if they were kept in there as a rare random drop with the same chances as before. The only thing that would happen is, that the CE owners would be able to get it when ever they wanted for a better price than in the GTN.

I don't think that putting Black/Black or White/White on the CE vendor as a BoP would influence the Cartel Packs a lot, if they were kept in there as a rare random drop with the same chances as before. The only thing that would happen is, that the CE owners would be able to get it when ever they wanted for a better price than in the GTN.

Like seriously... How many players with CE vendor access are still in the game, like? Although not exclusive - I'd like this deal and it would make me not mention CE vendor again.

Here's a novel idea: all the armor sets that were removed; give them to the CE vendor as schematics! \o/ (or complete sets that are individually purchased)

See, something like that would be awesome. After all, right now some players have e.g. Tionese sets because they had them in their cargo hold. So CE customers could get them through the vendor and yeah, we'd have them, others wouldn't, but that's already the situation. It would still be fluff, it shouldn't be too much work and it would make us all feel warm and fuzzy inside with the CE love.

Plus, how about BW does something super nice for CE players and we all promise not to tell anyone? :D If they give us some existing content, like some of the ideas we've been talking about, then we'll promise not to tell anyone :cool: