Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
09.29.2014 , 03:22 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Again, just to make sure...

You find perfectly normal or acceptable that less than a business day ago -- namely last Friday -- the announcement was on schedule, only to be postponed shortly after? Seriously?
Maybe they're too busy getting ready for their new game?
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TheSeventhJedi
09.29.2014 , 03:22 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
Here's a disturbing thought:

Maybe they know that the "expansion" is so small and feature-less that they're afraid subs will leave just from the announcement, so they have to sweeten the deal with a "perk".....Only they're still trying to think of a perk big enough to counteract the coming disappointment....

I wonder what they'll come up with to recolor for the subs this time.....
I think it's more likely that they still intend to meet their deadline, have realized they can't, and so they're deciding which things are going to be in 3.0, and which are going to be the "updates" for 3.1 and 3.2.

My problem is:
*My ops group isn't running ops any more.
*All of my toons are 55. No point in gearing them out if the level's getting raised.
*Don't want to start a new toon on the off chance that we might finally get another playable new race.

So, I have nothing to do besides conquests - which are nice, but not long-term log-in bait.

Now, BW is in a precarious position. Do I sub for October in the hopes that the announcement is good? Or, do I take this inability to get so much as a press-release together as a bad omen for 3.0 and unsub until proven otherwise? Well, when an announcement was coming tomorrow, I didn't have to make this decision. I'm not saying I've already decided to run away and never come back, but the fact that I'm debating about it now, when I wasn't earlier, does not bode well.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Elfa
09.29.2014 , 03:22 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
or...they didn't know about it and decided today based on NEW information to change the plans...but no, you're right they are evil people out to do nothing but troll, lie, and are totally reading this wondering why they are being drug through the muck. Because if they didn't say anything the rage tomorrow would be even worse, if they said something that changed we (well NOT ME) would be equally outraged.
Nobody is saying they're evil..

...just incompetent.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

BrintoSFJ
09.29.2014 , 03:23 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.
Glad to hear it. Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know that we subscribers are getting something cool. and also thanks for posting in this thread which a "famous person" regarded to be not needed(really want to see his face now).

Rambeezy
09.29.2014 , 03:23 PM | #215
Unless we get a Krayt Dragon mount, i think this is gonna blow up in biowares face.

Elfa
09.29.2014 , 03:24 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Give this man a million dollars, he hit it right on the nose.

We are second class citizen's in Bioware Austin's game nation now.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Darth_Wicked
09.29.2014 , 03:25 PM | #217
Shadow Realms is like the new college boy, coming from some exotic place, in another continent, while TOR is the dumb, ugly and fat boy no one wants to play with it would seem.

Tatile
09.29.2014 , 03:26 PM | #218
I know what the subscriber perk is gonna be!

Beta access to whatever that is!

SebastiaanZ
09.29.2014 , 03:26 PM | #219
If they are seriously doing that, its pissing me off more. Sorry doing stupid stuff while you should be releasing something that was promised?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Elfa
09.29.2014 , 03:26 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
If they are seriously doing that, its pissing me off more. Sorry doing stupid stuff while you should be releasing something that was promised?
In their defense, those guys are working on development so no worries. On the other hand, we see what the community team is doing other than talking to their community, as usual.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I know what the subscriber perk is gonna be!

Beta access to whatever that is!
AHAHAHA!

That actually made me guffaw.

Alrighty, I'm off, I've heckled BW enough for today.