Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

Anyway, I have asked this on twitter as well but I am curious if anyone knows if they plan to allow some free server transfers from some of the full servers to the newer, lower pop ones. I for one (and I am sure others have this issue) ran into the problem of making a character on one of the "Unofficial Oceanic Servers" and have over an hour que last night. I am not QQing, I have launched many MMO's and ques are to be expected. My concern isnt ques right now, but post launch. I think it would be a great thing to allow these transfers from full servers to low/standard pop to allow less ques and more evenly distributed players.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue what's going on. Not going to try and understand Bioware and what they might be doing....... but I HOPE they are herding us like cattle with the queues. If not this is completely incompetent.

My created guild would have no room for growth, alts or whatever. We could have just waiting for stuff to equalize and then joined a low pop server. I hope they move guilds as a whole or something, or allow free moves if it going to stay like this but as it is right now it is completely unacceptable.

I have a bunch more folks coming to play on my server and I don't want to lose great members because of this. Some just would simply not pre-order. They wanted to see how things happened first. In fact I'm not sure I will continue to put up with queues this long!

Edited by Denti

BioWare knows that people's play sessions are longer and frequent at launch than even a week or so later. They would have run scenarios to decide the number of servers so that after the launch spike the loads settle to some optimum level. But a lot of people have been joining their friends on the early servers, despite less laden servers being available, and I know more are waiting until after launch to do the same. I hope that BioWare has taken this into account.

I haven't seen incompetence. That would have been mass server crashes, especially with these huge launch numbers. But long server queues aren't a good sign. Given that "full launch" is yet to start, long queues could continue for weeks. I hope BioWare has some plan to deal with it.

Roll somewhere than, and sont give me the "but i've already hit 20 and dont want to start over"...sorry than suck it up snowflake...

lol says the man with the oh so original name. Im not asking for alot here, I am not ************ and moaning and I fully understand that this game is going through "growing pains" but the fact of the matter is, many people do not want to start over, the aussies did take a few servers by storm lol, and having a bunch of full servers and a bunch of low severs is just flat out stupid. I saw this in WoW for a while where youd have full or low and only a few in the middle and after enough people got mad they allowed transfers off full to low and it stabilized the pop in most places. It would just be a smart move.

Oh and no need to get racist at the end there lol, even if it is kind of a funny term lmao

Edited by Drakinor

Honestly though, most ppl asking for "free transfers" have characters under 20. Nothing is stopping you from rerolling at this point. It's not like you all have max level characters who are geared out. You've played what? 1/4 to 1/3 of the game. Start over.

Roll somewhere than, and sont give me the "but i've already hit 20 and dont want to start over"...sorry than suck it up snowflake...

I just love these people who say things like this. I'm sure this is how they go through life.

"Hey, Mr. mechanic! I paid you to fix my car, why won't it start?"

"Oh, yeah, you have to go in and hit the start button and wait for the car to warm up. Depending on when you do it could take anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours to start. "

"But I need to get to work now."

"Go in earlier, or just suck it up, snowflake . . . "

"Hey, plumber. You said you fixed the hot water in my house. The water still isn't getting hot."

"Oh, yeah. You have to let it run for it to get hot. "

"For how long?"

"Eh, it depends on peak times. Could be anywhere from 15 minutes to a day and a half."

"But I need to shower for work now."

"Well then just get up earlier, or suck it up, snowflake . . . '

Suck it up? Really? This is, first and foremost a business. They provide a service, I provide my money. I don't like the service, I don't give the money. They want the money, they provide better service.

Unless you really LIKE sucking it up, snowflake. Hey, whatever you're into is fine with me . . .

They did not promise to have all the servers up for EGA. Hopping from server to server just because you 'want it now' is absurd. Just start a new character!

Its not like it'll take an hour to get to level 25. There's already a level 50 after 2 days.

Anyway, I have asked this on twitter as well but I am curious if anyone knows if they plan to allow some free server transfers from some of the full servers to the newer, lower pop ones. I for one (and I am sure others have this issue) ran into the problem of making a character on one of the "Unofficial Oceanic Servers" and have over an hour que last night. I am not QQing, I have launched many MMO's and ques are to be expected. My concern isnt ques right now, but post launch. I think it would be a great thing to allow these transfers from full servers to low/standard pop to allow less ques and more evenly distributed players.

Seriously? You only have been playing 3 days. Just move to a low-pop server. I don't see the big deal.

I just love these people who say things like this. I'm sure this is how they go through life.

"Hey, Mr. mechanic! I paid you to fix my car, why won't it start?"

"Oh, yeah, you have to go in and hit the start button and wait for the car to warm up. Depending on when you do it could take anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours to start. "

"But I need to get to work now."

"Go in earlier, or just suck it up, snowflake . . . "

"Hey, plumber. You said you fixed the hot water in my house. The water still isn't getting hot."

"Oh, yeah. You have to let it run for it to get hot. "

"For how long?"

"Eh, it depends on peak times. Could be anywhere from 15 minutes to a day and a half."

"But I need to shower for work now."

"Well then just get up earlier, or suck it up, snowflake . . . '

Suck it up? Really? This is, first and foremost a business. They provide a service, I provide my money. I don't like the service, I don't give the money. They want the money, they provide better service.

Unless you really LIKE sucking it up, snowflake. Hey, whatever you're into is fine with me . . .

and you are crying about it before you are even actually paying to play the game. So in a sense you are b.....in at the mechanic for not fixing the car while he is still getting his tools together

lol says the man with the oh so original name. Im not asking for alot here, I am not ************ and moaning and I fully understand that this game is going through "growing pains" but the fact of the matter is, many people do not want to start over, the aussies did take a few servers by storm lol, and having a bunch of full servers and a bunch of low severs is just flat out stupid. I saw this in WoW for a while where youd have full or low and only a few in the middle and after enough people got mad they allowed transfers off full to low and it stabilized the pop in most places. It would just be a smart move.

Oh and no need to get racist at the end there lol, even if it is kind of a funny term lmao

Don't do it BW. People like this will complain about everything. You're not paying atm, re-roll. I can guarantee these cynical people have no attachments to the servers they are on. They want their world firsts, which don't exist, so they can brag about it on the forums. Stop crying.

Give into them now and they will find something else to complain about.

Edited by Sochet

Agree with others that re-roll is the way to go right now. HOWEVER... if the problems persist, they should certainly allow free and open xfers. This is one of the concepts that RIFT did quite well. It's not fair to penalize players for simply wanting to play the game to their maximum enjoyment. You should be able to move to another server where a friend might be playing for no cost.

I'd like free transfers when they make new servers, I'd transfer out of mine in a heartbeat. It was the lowest population when I chose, I even went for PvE although I'd rather play PvP because all PvP servers were Heavy or more, and now it just has queues all the tiem. Meh. I'm not gonna reroll, I have played like 25 hours already. Edited by yomanaaiton

Ok ok...I'll relax my stance partially. Free server transfers should be possible EVENTUALLY. It makes little to no sense to allow it right now.

Why not right now? Guilds were spread across the servers to prevent overcrowding. There aren't many new servers left and there's a LOT of players coming in on launch. That means ALL servers will be overloaded the same.

The ONLY reason you want to transfer now is because you want that extra day or two to play without queues. Be patient and they will increase server capacity.

Edited by Larishet