Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

I resubbed back a couple of months ago, and decided to unsub today, my subscription expires tomorrow so i will use today to make some order on my things ingame. The reasons I unsub are mainly because of the lack of attention to pvp, and the lack of communication with the dev team. After coming back this time, everything was looking shiny and good again so i started playing freshly my different characters. However i have been noticing a considerable drop in population, Even considering im in TRE, one of the most populated servers i understand. Been seeing how some guildies unsub, been seeing how the dev team applies unnecessary nerfs and buffs, and been seeing and absolute absence of attention to the pvp area of the game, which is what i enjoy the most.

Its easy if you into wow or hearthstone forums, or many other games to see dev posts and a constant communication, and you know they hear and read the feedback. here, that does not exists, the dev team lives in their particular olympus, and they dont care for what us, players, ask for or suggest or think about the game and its state. I enjoyed my time playing, and if things change (a lot) i will probably come back. I supported this game with my money and i would gladly do so again, but right now the dev team and EAware dont deserve it, so im leaving. The previous times i was playing the game, when i saw somebody saying "i leave" i was thinking "bah, there is a lot of people one less does not matter..." however, this past weeks every time i saw somebody saying he unsubs, in forums or ingame, you know, i was getting this feeling like every sub really counts right now, and every time the game feels more and more dead, with empty planets and prime times with 15-20 min pops... and what made me really worry about the state of the game is the fact that we got 2 double exp weekends and a double exp WEEK, along with other events, all of them rapidly one after the other, in a very short period of time. To me, it seems they are trying to retain people, in a desperate effort to make people come back, and they are not succeding in doing so. Anyway, im out, good luck and have fun.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been seeing how the dev team applies unnecessary nerfs and buffs

FS needed a nerf, and apparently, the ST nerf to Lightning did not do much, as people are still pulling similar numbers they did before

and been seeing and absolute absence of attention to the pvp area of the game, which is what i enjoy the most.
Playing SWTOR mainly for PvP is not a good idea, sadly.

Its easy if you into wow or hearthstone forums, or many other games to see dev posts and a constant communication, and you know they hear and read the feedback.

I always wonder, do people really want them to repeat every hour "yes, we know, working on it, no further info"? Because that is what you get from most community people, as they do not want to put foot in their mouth by saying something specific.

here, that does not exists, the dev team lives in their particular olympus, and they dont care for what us, players, ask for or suggest or think about the game and its state.

Again, want to read constant "we will bring this up on next meeting"? Not to mention, a lot of people have pretty stupid or unrealistic ideas.

FS needed a nerf, and apparently, the ST nerf to Lightning did not do much, as people are still pulling similar numbers they did before

Playing SWTOR mainly for PvP is not a good idea, sadly.

I always wonder, do people really want them to repeat every hour "yes, we know, working on it, no further info"? Because that is what you get from most community people, as they do not want to put foot in their mouth by saying something specific.

Again, want to read constant "we will bring this up on next meeting"? Not to mention, a lot of people have pretty stupid or unrealistic ideas.

Here, this pal expresses all my concerns better than me, as i was feeling too lazy and didnt care to explain it better:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=807359

Accept it or not, believe it or not, things are as they are, and YES, there is a total lack of communication, TOTAL. Not all time "yes we know, yes we know", NO, a TOTAL LACK, ffs. Keep living in your own happy world.

Here, this pal expresses all my concerns better than me, as i was feeling too lazy and didnt care to explain it better:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=807359

Accept it or not, believe it or not, things are as they are, and YES, there is a total lack of communication, TOTAL. Not all time "yes we know, yes we know", NO, a TOTAL LACK, ffs. Keep living in your own happy world.

You argumented with "look how Blizzard's massive team does it". Most of the time, their replies are "working on it, no ETA". I honestly want to know if it is quantity of meaningless dev replies that people want.

The nerfs were about adjusting the AoE balance and making it so it was, literally, not a one button spec in many circumstances. With both Sage and Sorc if you use the proper rotation total dps is little changed...it's just that you have to hit as many buttons as everyone else.

Edited by Ghisallo

Just curious, if that is true and the end is the same as the beginning why do it and piss a lot of people off?

My wife is a devoted SW fan and we have been subs since day 1 of early access. Today I was shocked when I saw her playing WOW. I loaded it yesterday after logging on to SWTOR and sitting there trying to think of what to do. There are many things I like better in SWTOR than WOW and many things I do not like about WOW. But the first day in, I found much to do. I could actually explore and swim in a lake. To this point I have not seen one quest that takes place in a tunnel, cave, or ice crevice. So for the time being we will be playing SWTOR when we play together and WOW when we play as individuals.

We are still waiting (likely forever) for a new title to come along that grabs us, so we can cancel our subs here and just leave and get our MMO fix elsewhere.

Edit: Just saw Ghisallo's response to the initial statement that lead to my question. I never was a FS spammer and played a full rotation on my SI. But as I understand what he is saying, the whole ratonal for the change was to force some players to push more buttons to come to the same point. If true, the devs took the time and made the effort and investment to force a part of the player universe to hit a few more buttons. Guess it makes sense.

Edited by asbalana

The nerfs were about adjusting the AoE balance and making it so it was, literally, not a one button spec in many circumstances. With both Sage and Sorc if you use the proper rotation total dps is little changed...it's just that you have to hit as many buttons as everyone else.

Watching

doing 4,7DPS post nerf, if hitting 8 buttons is too much for people, I weep for future of gaming.

You argumented with "look how Blizzard's massive team does it". Most of the time, their replies are "working on it, no ETA". I honestly want to know if it is quantity of meaningless dev replies that people want.

Of course it would still be unsatisfying if nothing ever came of it, but with BW you don't even know if certain issues have been acknowledged to exist at all over periods of weeks or even months. So having posts address those issues stating that they're actively working on resolving them would indeed be a step forward IMO.

• 2 months later...
One too many lies, I don't care that much about new ops, the "Addressing server Concerns", or the Contraband machine. However, these three incidents represent a very dysfunctional management. Either we are being outright lied to our face, being lied to by omission, or simply being ignored when important issues needed answers. We had many promises for improved communication and every time it fell very short. I no longer have any trust or faith in BW regarding how they deal with their customers, and that can't be forgiven. Edited by znihilist

One too many lies, I don't care that much about new ops, the "Addressing server Concerns", or the Contraband machine. However, these three incidents represent a very dysfunctional management. Either we are being outright lied to our face, being lied to by omission, or simply being ignored when important issues needed answers. We had many promises for improved communication and every time it fell very short. I no longer have any trust or faith in BW regarding how they deal with their customers, and that can't be forgiven.

So tell me, when necroing this thread, did you do a search on "Unsubscribe" and just start posting willy-nilly? Or do you have this thread bookmarked? Inquiring minds want to know.

So tell me, when necroing this thread, did you do a search on "Unsubscribe" and just start posting willy-nilly? Or do you have this thread bookmarked? Inquiring minds want to know.

I pick the answer that will piss you off the most. Also stay on topic, don't break the rules of this thread.

[...]

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please report it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Report function to report their post.

Thank you and enjoy the discussion!

Edited by znihilist

Top 5 reasons I unsubbed. This is in reverse order of importance. 1 is least, 5 is most

Bit of background: I've been playing SWTOR since launch, with a total sub time over over 2.5 years (some gaps during busy times in life or content lulls). This is my first MMORPG.

1. Lack of consistent traditional game content: This is nothing new. This isn't something that emerged with yesterday's announcement. This game has had a stunning lack of content for a while now. Since December, we have had one 2 hour (being generous) story line, and 1 daily area that was...let's call it not good. Why people think this game has amazing story content I'll never understand. There is very very little content that can be done in, at most, several nights, and then you have several months long gaps. It's now July. We haven't had much a reason to stay subbed just for story content. Which brings me to my next point.

2. Lack of repeatable content. Daily areas, as small a thing they might seem, can be good for a number of reasons. However, since 2.4, which was nearly two years ago, we've had a daily area on Yavin which is just a repetition of quest line activities, and a daily zone on Ziost, which is, again, lackluster. Yes, Rishi has dailies, but with no reason to grind rep given how much you get from the main questline, and no central hub to collect and drop off, it's not worth it.

3. PVP is being largely ignored: PvP has been improved on the edges, but very slowly, and often balance changes were poorly justified until recently (lately, there have been positive changes, but there is a long way to go). Still, a lack of new warzone maps (with no clear reason to believe one is coming), a lack of GSF (which I consider a PvP mode) and a direct effort to stifle world PvP, even removing it completely on Ziost for some reason no one really can explain to me, a large swath of the community is effectively being told that balance changes are the same as content.

4. Operations have not been a focus in the game, and it's unavoidably obvious now. And this is fine. There are games that don't do raiding that people like (Guild Wars 2 comes to mind). And if people like that, have at it. It's not for me, and it's why I'm leaving. One off bosses aren't satisfying content, especially when they involve killing a world boss that is constantly being reset by trolls taunting adds and running them away to reset the boss. It was a terrible decision to add the world boss requirement and then remove the "everyone who participates in the kill gets the buff." It was fine as was. I digress.

5. Broken Promises - Here's where I take issue. Players were told, very explicitly, that a year without operations was an anomaly that would never happen again. It was because they were planning for 3.0, and they didn't want to release a new gear tier before 3.0 by releasing The Ravagers early. We were told this, in context, we would not see another raid gap like this. This clearly is no longer the case. At least last year we had nightmare. But this tier has been up for too long to have NO NEWS of future content. Even more troubling is the suggestion that future operations won't have new gear tiers, which is honestly baffling for a number of reasons.

I was honestly depressed last night. My friends and I who have played the game for years went out drinking, joking about old times, but the mood was somber. None of us are happy to leave this game. We have had tons of good times playing it. But it is now no longer the game for us.

I want to thank the devs for keeping us entertained with a great game this long. We will miss it. I hope the people hoping for detailed and replayable story content get what they are hoping for, and I hope the game continues to do well with it's new model.

• 3 months later...

I was honestly depressed last night. My friends and I who have played the game for years went out drinking, joking about old times, but the mood was somber. None of us are happy to leave this game. We have had tons of good times playing it. But it is now no longer the game for us.

I want to thank the devs for keeping us entertained with a great game this long. We will miss it. I hope the people hoping for detailed and replayable story content get what they are hoping for, and I hope the game continues to do well with it's new model.

Miss you buddy.

You were an awesome Ops Leader, and one of the best theorycrafters on the forum.

TOR genuinely is poorer for losing you.

──────────██████

─────────████████

─────────████████

─────────███████████

─────────████████─█████

──────────██████────██████

──────────██████───────████████

──────────██████──────────███████

──────██████████████────────██████

───███████████████████████████████

─████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████████████

█████████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

███─█████████████████

██──█████████████████

█────███████████████

█────███████████████

─────███████████████

No, she gets brought up because when it was anyone else who had an issue, no matter how legit, she (he) would antagonize that player, mock them, belittle them, basically just bully them into silence, like he did so many times to so many posters. It's the hypocrisy that I enjoy , the ability to dish it out for years, yet unable to take it lol.

That was an interesting sub-discussion to read given recent events and a certain someone's reaction to the negative feedback Bioware has received about upcoming changes.

Watching
doing 4,7DPS post nerf, if hitting 8 buttons is too much for people, I weep for future of gaming.

Most of the time I don't worry how someone else plays. Then again I didn't get the memo. Now if it is PVP and the yutt leaves the objective unguarded I can see it. To many capping and running off. I don't care how someone does it a long as they get it done.

Been a sub for 3 years, no gaps. The same for my son and daughter.

Love every facet of the game and probably always will.

My one and only problem with this and most other MMO's is the dire state of customer service and at times utter disrespectful behaviour.

In any other business a product can be taken back if faulty or remuneration received. In fact it is part of UK law under the consumer protection act.

There appears to be no such law covering how the games industry treats its customers.

Guessing that you guys must rake in around $200'000'00 a year in subs and CM sales, which makes the state of your customer services even more shocking.

My subs run out in December. You can't be bothered sorting our game issues out and I can't be bothered re-subbing. A fair deal.

The game will continue that's for sure. 4.0 around the corner! Designed for the short term, drop in gamer and perfect for influx of Star Wars fans the game will receive when the new movie comes out.

My reason to unsubscribe might well be the fact that since yesterday they don't want me to play the game anymore. Or otherwise I cannpt explain the fact that the launcher doesn't work anymore since their upgraade and they expect me to find and try a solution for this. Just spent 2 hours of *my*, while I'm a paying customer and they are getting payed to provide a service, and nothing helped.

If I take my car to the garage because of a problem they caused, and they tell me "well, you have try and fix this yourself, because it's your car", then I would not go there anymore.

So it might well be that I unsubscribe over this.

i have to say that i posted a comment some time ago that said i was leaving and never coming back.

i broke my word.

i wanted this game to be something that it WAS at one time.

it changed to "give us your money for the least we can possibly do to keep from fighting law suites".

i have subscribed again, obviously or i would not be able to post here.

each sentence above begins with "I", so this is from a very egocentric point of view.

resubscribing was not a mistake, but i am going to cancel.

i had somehow deluded myself into thinking that MAYBE the game had returned to being something other than a mony grab.

and a self induced illusion it was.

perhaps i still have too many functional brain cells, and need to wait for the effects of age to fix that problem.

the extreme hostility of chat and the forums is something i had forgotten about.

the attitude of "if i can find away to attack you, i'll do it" still prevails.

not that it is all that different from other MMO chat/forum environments, but at least i expect it in "world of tanks" and "eve online".

perhaps it is immature of me to expect some kind of co-operative atmosphere among the players in chat, but at least it seems that there could be less PVP type attacks.

i suppose i could "put up with" the money grubbing attitude of the owners of the game [i did NOT say DEV's there] or i could put up with the hostilities seen in chat/forum activity, but not both.

the message i reply to here is a very mild example of that PVP attitude that i am talking about.

completely off topic and just an attack that serves no purpose other than to belittle the person they are replying to.

and how did i come to be here reading this thread?

after i resubscribed to the game i was reconnected to the forums and got an update of a posting here in my email box.

i do not have it bookmarked, nor did i get updates of postings to this thread while i was not a subscriber.

so yes i am posting here once more saying that "never again" will i subscribe to this game.

however i am getting along in years and may eventually reach a level of dementia that i can play the game again.

till then . . .

Edited by hinder

So changed mind and reupping on a month by month basis but the cord is at a all time shortness for tolerance of EA

So below my original post and if they still apply or why they do not

1) Still no Swoop racing (ala KotOR1) or Pazaak.

I have no interest in slot machines but with the inclusion of the Casino event EA showed their long time "no gambling" excuse to be a lie.

Still applicable. Pazaak and swoop racing (ala KotOR1) should have been in game at launch with out any question what so ever.

2) Legacy bug still not fixed

I was legacy 50 before I left game the first time. When I returned I found my Legacy was bugged (in regards to prerequisite achievements that require legacy 50). I wrote bug reports, contacted cust service, did everything I was suppose to do. Even saw I was clearly not alone in this and was a common problem. That was roughly 18 months ago (or more). Still not fixed, still get the run around when I ask about it. Welp, time ran out for them to fix this regarding me.

Still applicable and even more raw as now I am bugged at getting the Rishi Datacrons (another bug thats been around since day one of rishi) and EA gave me cut and paste DUPLICATE ANSWERS for this bug to cust service report. Exact word for word response as the ones I got over 18 months ago for the Legacy Bug.

I'm not cancelling SW:TOR but this unacceptable practice has caused me to blacklist all future EA games and products to the $10.00 or less bargin bin. Doesnt matter how good a game looks, EA business practices make any EA product untested, unreliable, not worth more then $10.00. So their incompetence has cost them a customer in that regards.

3) Forced Level Sync.

I have long asked for EQ2 style mentoring. But in a optional form. You group up, you hit mentor and that drops you to your groupmates level. Easy, simplistic, dynamic. Instead EA is bringing out forced level sync to planet so leveling really is meaningless because you will always be level 12 on starter planets and ect. Sometimes you are not interested in dropping down and just need to run through for something. Do not like this change. It should be a huge win, instead its a negative.

Turns out this wasnt a issue after all

well mostly not a issue

The downward level sync really made no difference other then allowing us to group with lowbie players and redo lowbie content for xp

The downside is the upward level sync completely ruined PUGing through GF.

So now I only do tacticals and HM content with guild and freinds, no exception

2 runs of Taral V tactical taking over 3 hours each time and both times the 25 and under players bolstered to 65 lavking the skills/abilities to survive the final boss initial damage barage just ruined it for me. Not willing to keep putting that amount of time into a fairly simplistic tactical flashpoint because EA has artifically boosted players who have no reason to be there.

4) Removal of companion stats.

I like min maxing my companions and fooling around with stats on them. Now its just cosmetic and that's just not interesting.

5) Removal of companion affection

Fact they taking affection and achievements associated to affection (earned or not) out of game really sucks to me. Its a bad move. A lazy move.

Still a issue but on hold as companions so Over Powered right now, that needs to be addressed and adjusted downwards a fair amount.

Right now I'm far more annoyed with not being able to change outfits on the new storyline companions like Lana and senya

6) Pay 2 Win

To many pay 2 win concepts coming into game now.

If I wanted to play a p2w game I would have played a p2w game

EA greed is now negatively effecting the game imo

Not doing GF Pugs really kinda eliminates this as 99.9% of both imp and rep guild are subscribers who dont just go buy what they need/want. Most do the content to earn what they want/need.

So while still a horrid concept for any MMORPG

Surrounding yourself with a better class of player does allieviate some of the issue

7) Wasted cartel coins because of changes to conquest crafting

As I said above I set up my account to do conquest. 19 character designed to process 10 characters through conquest each week

Part of that was buying HK units with Cartel coins for most of the alternate helpers (because of mission bonus)

Well the change to conquest crafting basically eliminates 13 of those 19 characters as they were never made to be actively played. They were crafters.

So that's 13+350 cartel coins (think that was how much they cost er alt) wasted on something they removed AFTER I bought them.

Regardless how you feel about conquest crafting, removing a play style after people spent 1000s of cartel coins is NOT cool.

To me its a brand or form of stealing if we being honest.

Still annoying to me

Still dirty pool by EA

But in grand scope of things now something to dwell on.

If I was actually buying cartel coins I would be more upset on this

but I just spend subscriber coins so easy to push to side

8) Mats through PVP or Ops.

I do not like SW:TOR PVP/GSF

I have no interest in progression ops (been there done that already)

But once again we back to being forced into these play styles to do crafting.

Sorry not doing it anymore

Still not fan of this but havent seen the rumored PVP mat yet or seen a recipe that needs it.

As for Dark MAtter Catalysts, price dropping and fairly easy to get right now so not forced into OPs

9) Rather then Appearance tab where you carry around multiple sets of armor (and stats) away from your backpack they went with Costume tab that does allow multiple appearances but stat gear (dps, heal set, tank set, pvp set) must still take up space in back pack.

Its simply bad design

Still want this

10) Being forced to drop a 100% stronghold to get a 0% stronghold that's new

NOT COOL, should have dropped stronghold conquest bonus to 20% each for 100% or left at 25% each for 125%.

Still annoyed over this but finally took yavin to 100% so got my 100% bonus back

11) Game content, even at level, is just to easy and boring to replay as no challenge or difficulty

I dont even play single player games at high difficulty levels, usually easy and normal at most, and this game has just gone from ultra easy at launch to insanely stupidly simplistic and easy now.

And new content designed to be soloed completely doesn't sound to be changing that.

I would lover to see some areas in world that require groups. Traditional MMORPG content. Doesn't mean everything else needs to be made harder but at least have some open world content that challenges those interested in the challenge (other then ops or hard mode flash points)

Waiting to see how this plays out with the companion adjustment

Also has been a rather large vocal responce over the easy mode game play so hopefull EA figures it out and at least gets game to the standard easy mode setting of other games (but I would much prefer the standard normal setting)

12) SW:TOR PVP

Its crap, plain and simple. If they put in DAOC RVR I would be there with bells on. But the current version of PVP is a joke, plain and simple.

Nothing changed here. Tried a couple matches and after healing a million points in 2 consecutive matchs, standing in the midst of the battle I read, "*character name* was a healer????"

Yeah, EA can keep their crappy PVP

13) GSF and the other flight combat not having joystick support

I am not good at flight sims but on a joystick some of the difficulty (that I encounter from flying with a keyboard) is lessened.

GSF and the other flight content should be joystick supported.

Only makes sense.

Well I been doing fair amount of GSF for conquest points (and want some of those decorations only obtainable with fleet coms)

Getting half way decent when its the 3 stations claim and defense

Still such to high heaven in the Free for all fights

Joystick would solve much of the free for all issues

But what I find is even if you lose in GSF its easily shruged off as bad mechanics, bad game play, so doesnt matter over all

14) Rishi, Yavin, Ziost was and is TERRIBLE

Terrible expansions easily eat up and spit out

Still crap

Have not stepped foot there othere then the Talis companion quest

just wasted content really

15) Lack of communication and interaction by community manager on general forum.

The inaction speaks volumes

Still a problem but ill let my lack of financial support in all future EA product speak on that front

Truth is I enjoy the people in my guilds for most part and when push comes to shove.

They are really only reason I keep playing this game

But as I said, EA is on such a short cord now with me that I have no doubt they will screw up yet again in some massive way.

99% of my complaints could be solved by simply ensuring quality testing by experienced MMORPG players (pre dating WOW players), even moderate leveled cust service, and even moderate leveled interaction on the forums answering some questions in a timely and accurate way.

But sadly I really do not think any of those things will happen any time soon.

If ever

Edited by Kalfear

1. Cheap server transfers killed the raiding community on the server I was on. The raid teams I played with ended up splitting up between a couple of different servers and it became a huge hassle to do anything. After setting up all my legacy stuff, guild ships, crafting, and finding character names I don't really want to do it all a second or third time.

2. I'm sick to death of the operations we've been doing for the last year and there are no new ones in sight.

3. The level sync just sounds tedious.

4. A great deal of my friends have also left the game because they're bored with the old content. I'd rather play a different game with them than pug over and over hoping to meet someone cool.

5. Missing out on early access because I missed one of the required dates after subbing almost every month since launch. Sigh.

First and foremost the “streamlined” leveling (i.e. 12x XP-lite) coupled with the level scaling and having no option to turn either one off is the final straw that broke the proverbial back for me. The fact that there was enough backlash on the increased XP events that the White Acute Module finally made it into the game is enough to know that there are people who would rather level at their own pace, and be able to create the type of challenge they want in the game from moment to moment. Ironically, the Critical Path XP is not going to satisfy those people who preferred the advanced leveling pace of 12x either, so forcing this new system is going to be a fail on both accounts.

However, there have been two main other things that have bothered me enough to help in making this final decision:

The Inexcusable lack of testing and vetting procedures for major content in an Open Beta format, and

the extremely poor communication that BioWare has shown towards the community practically since the game launched.

It is simply incredulous to me that major changes to the game are not tested on the PTS in an open beta – closed betas can only go so far in regards to testing and vetting content in a game. This has nothing to do with spoilers, it has everything to do with showing a good faith effort to put forth the best possible content that BioWare can. Of course not every bug, glitch, or exploit can be found or fixed prior to going to live release, but at least with an open beta, the developers can show that they are making every possible effort to release the best product possible. Weeks of patching and bug fixes can be saved by having a proper open beta testing environment for several weeks prior to the launch date of an expansion.

Finally, the poor communication speaks for itself (pun intended). The fact that players need to go to datamined information to learn about major and critical changes to a game is inexcusable. Again, spoilers have nothing to do with it. BioWare has shown a consistent inability to appropriately communicate with its playerbase that it’s no wonder it is always in a volatile state. The blogs for KotFE are nothing more than glorified patch notes. There has been no rhyme nor reasons given behind much of the changes that were laid out before the playerbase. Of course this is only the most recent issue – things like the Cartel Slot Machine and many other hot button issues that go unacknowledged have always helped to add fuel to the fire. Some explanations have been provided in the past – notably with class changes and such. But that has been few and far between the kind of communication that is desired and probably needed with many of the changes that have occurred over time.

Therefore my subscriptions are cancelled and I will not be playing this game again until at least such a time that the advanced XP gains and the level syncing become optional features.

Posted this in my unsubscribe box - however I'll post it here as well so other developers get a chance to read the feedback. I'll add that I found the storyline for both the lead up to SoR / SoR and KotFE quite good, so at least there is something that has been done well in the last year, regardless of it being a unified story arc.

If you want to know why I'm unsubscribing from your game, it's more than one reason.

1 - Level Sync.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8511596&postcount=128

2 - Crafting Changes

Removing things that have been earned in-game? Not good enough.

3 - Companion Changes.

Dumbing down to appeal to the masses, but losing the unique abilities on characters like HK and Treek? Not good enough.

Fine with not having to gear them.

4 - Converting Affection to Influence.

You missed the ship droids. Not good enough.

5 - Conversation Wheel.

Chapter IX? Lose the conversation wheel for classic KOTOR dialogue options? Not good enough.

6 - Did I mention Level Sync?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8511596&postcount=128

7 - Customer Service on the forums.

[Edited and reason removed because I can't post it on the forums :rolleyes:) You know who you are though, if you don't like being caught with your pants down then don't power abuse paying customers who have done nothing wrong. Simple enough.

8 - Lack of new PvP content, for quite a while now. One new map every 2 years? Come on, you can do better than this. Not good enough.

9 - Class Balance.

Really, what are the combat team doing? If you're going to have classes, at least give decent balance between them for PvP. Until I see Merc / Mando players (not Powertech / Vanguards) given some real love and attention from the combat team I'll never play this game aside from a bit of story once every year or so.

That last part is possibly the most frustrating thing as a player - the players can see the class imbalances and yet the developers of the game simply can't or are too lazy to address the problems had by players. It's not a learn to play issue, it's a learn to develop issue.

- Overall.

Until I see the developers putting some care and attention into this game, and stop removing things that have been hard earned - you'll not gain any further money from me.

In the last year or so that was probably around £400-£500.

How many customers can you afford to lose? I don't really care on the answer to that, because it really isn't my problem. Make a compelling product, and people will buy it / pay you for it. Annoy your customers or provide a sub-par product and people will not. It's pretty simple.

Quite clearly you don't have enough resources or enough developers to maintain an MMO, and blatantly ignoring customer feedback on all areas of the game will do you no good longer term (the same as your communication strategy).