Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

The one thing that IMO Rift did very well is that they permitted open server transfers weekly at will. The only thing that they (and it looks like SW) did was take to long to implement. Future releases would be wise to announce open server transfers free for 90 days beginning 30 days after release. this would permit them to stabilize on release and then as people start getting the "I can't play with my friends" syndrome that occurs as the friends you started playing with leave and other friends are farther along than you, you'd be able to fix this. Also, the intro server crush is alleviated post-release within a month usually.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will not be white flag from bw. They will not let us transfer our chars soon. If they do it will mean that the game did not show's up as great as they r showing it to the public. My fee is going to end at the end of this month and i will sell my acc after that. Do not want to play on empty server, especialy if i need to pay for it. It's my monney and i will do with it what i want. They can let us transfer soon or they can watch us leaveing this game. Crap of engine that they use is the biggiest mistake they made. Graphics is not that good to have 30 fps on my pc. I have op gaming rig and it is interesting that i see spikes in game that even do not look that good. This is first and the last game that i bought from them. Bad mistake in their portfolio.

There will not be white flag from bw. They will not let us transfer our chars soon. If they do it will mean that the game did not show's up as great as they r showing it to the public. My fee is going to end at the end of this month and i will sell my acc after that. Do not want to play on empty server, especialy if i need to pay for it. It's my monney and i will do with it what i want. They can let us transfer soon or they can watch us leaveing this game. Crap of engine that they use is the biggiest mistake they made. Graphics is not that good to have 30 fps on my pc. I have op gaming rig and it is interesting that i see spikes in game that even do not look that good. This is first and the last game that i bought from them. Bad mistake in their portfolio.

The CS team appreciates the heads up on the ToS & EULA violation.

(p.s. a spell checker can be your friend)

Edited by RickRedOne

I for one would love to be able to transfer my characters to another server. I rolled on anchorhead to begin with, but its always at light or standard. The only other east coast pvp server is the fatman and that server is always at standard, heavy, very heavy and as of last night full. Myself and the rest of my guild would love to transfer to that server asap

Yes. Yes. Yes.

When I got into early access, I'd imagined more players would eventually be coming, so I chose a basic west coast PVE server, with standard population. But I think they opened more servers than necessary, by anticipating a greater playerbase.

Unfortunately, my server rarely leaves light status now. Fleet caps at like, 30-50 people at peak hours, and I never, ever had a group for heroics, FPs (Aside from Black Talon/Esseles) and warzone queues were ridiculously long -- so I missed out on a lot of content. As a former raid member and instance enthusiast, this isn't good.

I have a level 50 and level 40 (in addition to a few 20-30s), both of whom were often the only ones on the planets beyond Alderaan. Which makes looking for groups obviously impossible. I finally quit playing for a month out of boredom, and the fact that I'm not interested in single player gaming, until I worked up the desire to re-roll all over again.

It's an MMO. Where is the Massive? Bioware makes such a fuss over community, yet I don't have one.

I rerolled on two other servers to find the same problem. So I finally hit a HEAVY/FULL server, and while I am enjoying my new character, not to mention able to experience all of the CONTENT, in addition to finally having a proper community of players I always seem to bump into -- I want my old ones here too. I won't reroll them either, it'd be painful to have to go through the Imperial (first 5) planets for the 6th time. As well as the republic planets for the third.

The fact that they're transferring AUS/Oceanic characters in the next month or so means that transfers are, indeed, going to be functional code-wise; and after the guild summit and the dev commentary on how legacy will transfer, etc... I know it's coming. I just really hope they don't delay on opening this to everyone. I want to play my game.

I've heard it's possible for April/May. I don't care about paying for it - god knows how many times I've transferred in "The game that must not be named"; considering the manpower going into making this happen, I wouldn't expect it to be free. Moreover, the benefit of discouraging frequent/frivolous transfers, and frequently unstable populations. Not to mention with EA's backing, I find it hard for anything to be free.

I imagine, much like in other major mmos, a free transfer will be offered to full servers, to their choice of languishing servers. However to go where you want, you'd likely have to pay.