New damage high for carnage (personal)

Wookieenator

Hey marauders, just got my new highest damage for carnage spec in a regular warzone. I'm not here to brag or anything just thought it was a cool game to show. It was a civil war stalemate for about the first half of the game and then we lost a both side nodes and unfortunately lost the game. Definitely could've gotten 1mil+ if it was a 10-0 game, but it didn't happen. Obviously this is nowhere near the top damage numbers that have been put out, but when you factor in that carnage is probably the worst marauder spec for damage numbers at the end of the game, and I was predation-ing, aoe mezz-ing for healers and using obfuscate on sentinels attacking healers and such. I was playing with a healer and dps jug guildie, and the other team had a 3 man pre-made from the other top pvp guild on the server to match ours. My favorite part is just the amount that I led by for a team-play / objective spec. Without further adieu: http://i.imgur.com/aPQdK.jpg

Nicely done. I would like to mention that it has been my experience that Combat does a lot better against light armor heavy warzones such as the one you posted, and frequently outputs higher/equal dps than the other 2 specs in those cases. Watchman still outputs higher consistent damage for me though. Edited by -Yui-

My highest recorded crit is 7160 in my Carnage Video with Force Scream. That I can prove, my highest crit that I don't have an SS of us 7916 with Force Scream with Bloodthirst + Beserker (Red Ball) on a guy who I strongly believe had 0 expertise. Reason why I don't have an SS is because he was under 8k health by the time I hit him with it, and end of game highest hits only recorded how much damage you did in one swing, if you did 7916 damage but they only had 6k hp left, that is all that's recorded.

@Yui, I agree but I feel that annihilation flows amazing in long lasting fights such as a stalemate at mid, and you agree with me there. And rage is situational but it would have easily brought over 1million because of the way healers were grouped up and guarded.

@Mega Yeah it's about the same for me with scream. Somewhere around 7500 on an undergeared sentinel is the highest I remember for scream. As for the last tick of ravage it's sadly highest in annihilation for me, because it was on a ridiculously undergeared sorc and probably the 10% damage bonus from juyo stance outweighed the use of gore on this character anyway, but it was a 9847 (obviously unrecorded as the first 2 ticks of ravage got him over 50% down).

Nice win!

But seriously, the other team having 4 healers had more to do with the high damage number.

Well, of course. It's hard to hit any kind of high damage number without the other team having 2 heals or more heals. Out of the thousands of warzones I've done, I think I've only hit 700k Voidstar once with the only team having 1 heal.

But, imo, no heals is more fun. Allows for cool kill counts :D

It looks pretty as a screenshot but it's not 'that' impressive. 4 really high performing healers, it's padded, nothing else. The question becomes how many solo kills did you get? Those healers only died about 2 times a piece except for one guy who died 8. Wailing on a guy and not being able to finish him isn't impressive. Nice damage though.

I've done well over a mil on a civie stalemate as carny o.o...those games can last forever

Not really a stalemate if all the nodes are capped and the score isn't 10/0 or 20/0 etc. It was 180-0 so a million would have been easily accomplished if I tunnel dps'd or the game lasted 20+ mins, but if you factor in the dmg(948k)/dps(907)=~1000 seconds= 17 mins (mental math :x).

@Frequencyz Yeah, I've noticed that, we only have 1 tank left as well but you've probably seen an Assassin running around for us, unfortunately he is our main healer but is pretty much forced to play on his Assassin because both of ours left the game.

@Yui The Shadowlands

Edited by Wookieenator

Nicely done. Can you share your gear setup? Do you by chance have it on askmrrobot?

Are you stacking power?

I've just got my marauder into full WH and running anni atm but I do like carnage as well.

I don't have an askmrrobot atm but I'm running all 27 end 41 power 53 surge enh except for 2 41 power 53 accuracy which ill probably get rid of. all mods 51 str 39 power. pve 61 armorings in belt bracers. 69 power 53 accuracy earpiece with power surge implants and all str augments.