All types of Mods and Enhancements should be available (suggestion included)

The_Hightower

Currently Mods and Enhancements which are not available via token gear are only available as rare (and random) drops in Command Crates. They are BoP and, thus, trading thereof with other players is not possible, only moving between alts via legacy gear. This system is live for about nine months (?) now and, so far I was not able to acquire all desired Mods and Enhancements for one tank gear, albeit I play quite a lot.

With 5.10, it appears that obtaining 252 or 258 Mods and Enhancements which are not in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor is not possible at all and, according to the live stream, is planed neither. Applying the current system, i.e., random drops from Command Crates is not a solution to this for the reasons explained above.

I do not want re-start the discussion whether or not additional hitpoints are considered necessary for a tank. However, since these Mods and Enhancements are available in-game, generally the possibility of customizing stats using these Mods and Enhancements is intended.

Making these Mods and Enhancements craftable appears to not an option because the following alternatives seem to be possible:

a) crafting materials obtained only in GftM Master Mode are required for crafting these Mods and Enhancements, which would additionally punish tanks since this would be required in addition to obtaining the 258 piece;

b) crafting materials obtained only in GftM Master Mode are not required for crafting these Mods and Enhancements, which would make them accessible too easy

Thus, my suggestion is to place vendors on Ossus which allows for exchanging 258 Mods and Enhancements which are in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor for 258 Mods and Enhancements which are not in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor. For example, the “Superior Lethal Mod 56” could be exchanged at a first vendor for a Modification token which can be exchanged at a second vendor for a 258 Mod which is not in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor, i.e., Superior Lethal Mod 56A, Superior Lethal Mod 56B, Superior Warding Mod 56A or Superior Warding Mod 56B. The same should be possible with Enhancements (I don't give a list here). In case the first vendor only accepts 258 Mods and Enhancements which are in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor and the second vendor only sells 258 Mods and Enhancements which are not in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor exchanging 258 Mods and Enhancements which are not in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor would be avoided. Hence, once the 258 Mod or Enhancement which is in the gear available via crafting or from the legacy vendor is exchanged, not further exchange thereof is possible. Neither is duplicating Mods or Enhancements possible thereby.