My Stats for PvP (Deception Assassin)

Warforever

Playing Deception, here are my current stats:

POWER: 4483

FORCE POWER: 4077

MASTERY: 6303

ACCURACY: 103.84% (ACCURACY RATING - 205) I still have an enhancement I have to replace with a Crit.

CRITICAL: 44.84%

CRIT RATING: 2284

CRITICAL MULTIPLIER: 73.47%

ALACRITY: 0

Now do the same rules apply with this new patch; where you don't need accuracy, etc?

Edited by Warforever

Accuracy has always been a trade. You can either get maximum burst with power, or consistency with accuracy.

Tbh, the tiny cost of accuracy could be worth it. But in the end the difference is negligible.

As far as crit goes.. go for a certain percentage. I'm not exactly sure what a normalized amount is with current gear.. but I remember going for about 25-30% crit before. You might want a slight bit more now. Like 35% or so.

Edited by Evolixe

Accuracy has always been a trade. You can either get maximum burst with power, or consistency with accuracy.

Tbh, the tiny cost of accuracy could be worth it. But in the end the difference is negligible.

As far as crit goes.. go for a certain percentage. I'm not exactly sure what a normalized amount is with current gear.. but I remember going for about 25-30% crit before. You might want a slight bit more now. Like 35% or so.

so ease up on Crit?

Back in 4.0, BW revamped how crit works a little bit and came out with something that was dubbed "super crit." In the past, crit rating was wasted on auto crits because you can't increase the chance of something happening past 100%. With 4.0, BioWare changed things such that your crit rating will add to the crit amount. So if you have an attack that is 100% guaranteed to crit, more crit rating will make that attack a bigger number.

Back in 4.0, I believe the crit "soft cap" that everybody was going with was right around 40%. I think the soft cap is even higher than that now. I've been aiming for around 40% and letting bolster take me beyond that.

Accuracy is personal taste. Since bolster gives you some, you may have to experiment a little bit to get it where you want it. I've gone with 101% (unbolstered), but I think I might move towards a little more than that because it sucks to miss with white damage attacks such as Maul, Voltaic Slash, Reaping Strike, or even Low Slash.

I remember the change you are talking about, and that would explain certain crits.

But as far as ratings go, you definitely didn't get 40% pre 4.0 and I don't think you should now.

Having really high autocrits is nice, but gearing for more crit makes your out-of-burst damage open to a lot of RNG.

Crit rating only affects your damage when you crit (duh..). But power and other attributes affect ALL sources of damage.

So in short, if you want 30k autocrits and RNG avg output, slot lots of Crit.

If you rather take 27k autocrits and consistent avg output, gear for Power.

(Numbers are figurative, although probably not far from truth)

I'll probably aim towards 35% crit to start with and gradually lower it down to 30% to see how things evolve.

But 45%... no. Definitely not.

Edited by Evolixe

I remember the change you are talking about, and that would explain certain crits.

But as far as ratings go, you definitely didn't get 40% pre 4.0 and I don't think you should now.

Having really high autocrits is nice, but gearing for more crit makes your out-of-burst damage open to a lot of RNG.

Crit rating only affects your damage when you crit (duh..). But power and other attributes affect ALL sources of damage.

So in short, if you want 30k autocrits and RNG avg output, slot lots of Crit.

If you rather take 27k autocrits and consistent avg output, gear for Power.

(Numbers are figurative, although probably not far from truth)

I'll probably aim towards 35% crit to start with and gradually lower it down to 30% to see how things evolve.

But 45%... no. Definitely not.

i have all crit augs and all crit enhancements, plus crit implants and ear piece and im over 40%...well over 40%. I just wish something official came out stating for optimal DPS output this is where youre stats should be at. BTW, I talking in regards to PvP, not PvE.

i have all crit augs and all crit enhancements, plus crit implants and ear piece and im over 40%...well over 40%. I just wish something official came out stating for optimal DPS output this is where youre stats should be at. BTW, I talking in regards to PvP, not PvE.

I was about to link you Bant's thread, but then you threw in that PvP not PvE disclaimer. ;)

The truth is, it's pretty darn complicated. You might have to experiment and figure out what works for you. I think that's why the system was designed the way it is - to make it so that people wouldn't just go with cookie cutter setups and have everybody be the same. Some people really enjoy tinkering and coming up with something that they feel works best for them. The time and effort put into tweaking stats is rewarded with better performance.

I think Evo and I both would agree that your crit is way too high. If it is well over 40% (unbolstered), my gut tells me that is a waste. I would remove some crit augments and replace them with power augs. But don't take my word for it. Run some warzones with your gear as is. Later swap out some crit augs for power augs. Compare your damage numbers and determine which one you felt worked better for you. That's really the only way that any of us are figuring this stuff out - via experimentation.

You can experiment with alacrity as well. More alacrity means better sustained dps with less burst damage (since you have to sacrifice either crit or power to get more alacrity). So you might end up doing more total damage and dps on the end scoreboard in games with healers and not much dying. But if you are in a warzone with no healers, that alacrity may not do you a lot of good if your targets are dying quickly (bursty fights vs sustained fights).

Edited by teclado

I've seen suggestions of mastery over power. Although mastery also gives you crit.

A full mastery build might be a thing if crit doesnt go too high. But if it does go high, then perhaps power still.

I need to get myself in a position to check out the stats in game though.

But with this RNG system and my lack of actual playtime it's a bit iffy right now.. :/