Patch 1.3 - DPS Meters!!!!

Vepo

This needs to be done unfortunately!

We need to remove the slackers in this game, who join FP's/OP's and honestly don't have a clue about their classes rotation. Their DPS for single target/AOE and boss encounters is just terrible and a cat walking over a keyboard can probably generate a higher amount of DPS.

Just rolling my face on the keyboard and I was outputting more dps according to my log parser!! (every key set to 1 ability)

DO IT BIOWARE ... DO IIIIIITTTT!! :wea_03:

/discuss

/flame if you want

/bye

Edited by Vepo

We need to remove the slackers in this game, who join FP's/OP's and honestly don't have a clue about their classes rotation. Their DPS for single target/AOE and boss encounters is just terrible and a cat walking over a keyboard can probably generate a higher amount of DPS.

Just rolling my face on the keyboard and I was outputting more dps according to my log parser!! (every key set to 1 ability)

DO IT BIOWARE ... DO IIIIIITTTT!!

/dicuss

/flame if you want

/bye

If you are that serious about PvE you would join a guild and run everything with them. That's what I do and I have no such problems.

/discuss

/flame if you want

/bye

LOL!

Post more ... Bioware could use some reminders as to exactly why they made the right decision with the combat logs.

/discuss

/flame if you want

/bye

This sort of post is why I would vote against them.

I'm a very intense player and quite proud of my high numbers, but that's my thing. I don't expect everyone else to be, and frankly I don't mind carrying the PUG if we still win in the end. If you want to play strictly with other "numbers are all that matter" sociopaths I recommend joining a guild of like minded people. There are plenty of them. If you're in a PUG you take what you get, and you work with it. Nothing in this game is so hard that one good player can't make up for 3 casuals, as long as they're doing something.

If you can't... you're probably not as good as you think, and frankly high dps doesn't always imply a winning strategy.

Ah my young apprentices ... I have much to teach you all, about humour and reading between the lines! :wea_03:

How can you teach about humour when you fail at it so badly.

Does Mencia offer to teach his audience about humour when they dont laugh at his jokes? No ... Mencia just sucks.

Thank you for being the poster child for why most NORMAL players can't stand the meters and the people they bring to the game.

Truth.

People talk about the looking for group tool ruining WoW. That wasn't what ruined WoW, it was the introduction of DPS meters and the armory. The same will happen with SWTOR.

In reality, tools never ruin anything. It's their misuse by players that ruin things. That being said, a DPS meter WILL be misused/abused by players to discriminate, ridicule and otherwise debase other players. That's what will ruin SWTOR.

People believe what they want to believe, see what they want to see! However personally I don't care about DPS meters. It's just great to see how many people go crazy and of course those that don't actually read any replies, just the original post!!

Keep them coming, got 1 hour left at work until I can get home and play!! :wea_03:

Hello,

We have several threads currently discussing Combat Logs and Damage Meters in regard to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™:

We are closing this thread and ask everyone to please share their thoughts and feedback in one of the above threads.

Thank you!