New Content Next Month

irishtim

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.

Thank you Allison. Great follow-up!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.

Wow - this is fantastic info. I have to say, I was very dubious about the decision to cancel the weekly Q&A to give more frequent feedback and developer info, thinking that it was an excuse to communicate less. All I can say is that the last few days have definitely proved me wrong! (so far)

I particularly like the new format of "I talked to [insert name] who is [insert title]..." - it gives the posts life as there is an actual person who is working and answering our questions. Keep up the good work!

Also, thanks for the info on gear :D

We will definitely still be releasing bug fixes, balance tweaks, and other similar changes as part of our updates. You'll want to keep an eye on our blog for more info, as we will continue to make updates to it explaining things like class balance changes, just like we have in the past.

I most certainly would not hold my breath on this. The amount of time it takes bw to push content and BUG fixes is really really really slow. Which patch was it you all claimed to have monthly content up dates? 1.1 - 1.2? Here we are in the month of August with a EVENT which correct me if I am wrong but it will be gone after a set amount of time passes? So that in my eyes is NOT a content update. To me so far this month BW has failed again to deliver content as said.

The dev team should be know as "Mother Goose", full of fairy tails that are make believe.

ya know I just realized something...with new content only coming out every 6 weeks it makes more sense just to do monthly sub and only play a month sub then 2 weeks free then resub for another month of content...You actually end up saving money off a pure sub even the 6 mo version plus you still get to experience the new content. Pretty confident that most guilds should be able to handle any new content within a month.

I'm afraid I don't have much more information about upcoming content right now, but we'll continue to work to bring you more information!

Can I ask, is there any word on when the patch notes will be available, or when the patch will make an appearance on PTS?

I know many who are very anxious to hear this news.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Hi Allison,

Thank you so much for clarifying this topic around new gear.

Could you also, if at all possible, tell us if his Recruit Mk-2 tier will be equivalent of Battlemaster gear? If so, then I assume WH will be available by Warzone commendations and the New Tier that will be offered when Ancient Gates goes live will be available via Rated Coms. Could you confirm or deny?

Thanks.

• Dev Post
Can I ask, is there any word on when the patch notes will be available, or when the patch will make an appearance on PTS?

No news yet on when the patch notes will be available or when the new content will be available to test on PTS, but I'll let you know as soon as we can!

Hmmm, more Gear Over Skill dominance on PVP, this is not looking good.

In the presentation what was actually said was : New raid next month. New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.

You are trying real hard to turn this into a negative. Why?

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Man, screw all those trolls, haters, and negative nancies. Always trying to turn everything into a negative, never happy with anything...it seems they've even infiltrated the CMs! As you can tell, Allison here is obviously compromised by these twisted individuals. Burn her, I say! Burn her!!!!

Seriously though. You're wrong Andryah, as usual.

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Good luck with that :rolleyes:

I can't be the only one who is confused about what exactly a "new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear" actually means. Could we get some clarification with specific item levels? For example, most of my gear from Explosive Conflict has level 61 mods, enhancements, etc., which is Campaign level. Will the new Operation continue to drop level 61 gear that is just differently itemized? That's how I am reading this post but I could definitely be reading it wrong.

If so, I am very surprised that a new Operation would release with what seems to be sidegrades in terms of gear, given how long most guilds have been farming Explosive Conflict and in some cases even getting their alts into best in slot gear.

I can't be the only one who is confused about what exactly a "new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear" actually means. Could we get some clarification with specific item levels? For example, most of my gear from Explosive Conflict has level 61 mods, enhancements, etc., which is Campaign level. Will the new Operation continue to drop level 61 gear that is just differently itemized? That's how I am reading this post but I could definitely be reading it wrong.

If so, I am very surprised that a new Operation would release with what seems to be sidegrades in terms of gear, given how long most guilds have been farming Explosive Conflict and in some cases even getting their alts into best in slot gear.

I could be wrong as I'm completely guessing here.

But I think what it means by the larg tier is that they'll look the ame visually but different colours. As in maybe Tionese Columi.and Rakata are all considered sub tiers of one big tier.

And now there will be Campaign followed by Whatever EC Nightmare and Terror Drop, Hazmat or whatever it was called. My only confusion is regarding the armourings.

$10 bucks says PTS is announced with tomorrows maintenance and opens up transfers. PTS at the end of August lines up with timeline of the PTS previously being released, They finally said TFB will be released next month, and I found this today.

Looks to me like PTS will soon arrive.

Edited by Jazra

it looks like they are taking the side grade route for the new gear. side grades are one of the ways they can increase ops/warzone content without adding huge power creep problems. mainly what this does is give gear of the same level but focuses on other stats or different looks. this lets them add more ops without making it imposable for a new max level player to get in to ops.

they can either do the side grades or they can raise the level cap every few ops otherwise new players will be locked out of endgame unless they can find enough new max levels to do the earlier content.

Are ANY of those missions off rails?

If not, why?

the way i understand it is

Tier 1 Gear

1st sub tier: Tionese

2nd sub tier: Columi

3rd sub tier: Rakata

Tier 2 Gear

1st sub tier: Campaign

2nd sub tier: coming soon

Edited by Vankris

$10 bucks says PTS is announced with tomorrows maintenance and opens up transfers. PTS at the end of August lines up with timeline of the PTS previously being released, They finally said TFB will be released next month, and I found this today.

Good find, tell me if im wrong in this but 1.4 is the gree being introduced isnt it and this world event is introducing the gree. Could be on the pts very soon but then again i could be completly off the mark.

It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. .

Wow ! I really hope this is NOT tha case. The current sustem is a nice balance, changing to unrestricted armorings will just make people farm the first boss of the operation to farm them. This is a REALLY bad idea BW

:mad:

the way i understand it is

Tier 1 Gear

1st sub tier: Tionese

2nd sub tier: Columi

3rd sub tier: Rakata

Tier 2 Gear

1st sub tier: Campaign

2nd sub tier: coming soon

I think that's probably right, and I hope that's what it is, I just found the wording very confusing.

It was 6 weeks from announcement of PTS character xfer until the release of 1.2. This was with 1.2 being VERY rough AND RWZs being removed. So basically 6 weeks to test 5 Ops bosses. And they were still broken on release... and have been almost 1/2 the time since the release of 1.2.

It was 6 weeks from announcement of PTS character xfer until the release of 1.2. This was with 1.2 being VERY rough AND RWZs being removed. So basically 6 weeks to test 5 Ops bosses. And they were still broken on release... and have been almost 1/2 the time since the release of 1.2.

Six weeks from now is the end of September, which is in the "TFB will be released next month" time frame as well as putting it on par with the release of MoP.

Bioware might be bad at quite a few things, but they're not stupid. They know they need something to compete with MoP.

Release of PTS - Competes with GW2 launch.

Release on live - Competes with MoP going live.

Edited by Jazra