Level 1 name-holders.

Everlong

Do these frustrate the hell out of anybody else? Now that the servers have been consolidated there are like no cool names left. I spent about two hours last night trying to name an Agent and every single thing I tried was taken. I mean, if I was simply looking for a random name I could just double up letters until something works, but I'm ridiculously OCD about names, and I have a very specific RP role in mind for this character so it irritates me more than it should.

There should be a two-month grace period on names. If a person can't be bothered to get a character to level 10 in two months, the name should become available again to somebody who will actually use it.

I'm going to start looking ahead and hoarding all the names of characters I might want to make in the future to preempt the influx of F2Players.

Well, I'm certainly guilty of this. I've been saving 2 warrior names since launch (lost one in the server transfer, shame). When I heard Cathar would be a playable race, I knew that I would remake both warriors as Cathar. Just been keeping the names saved until such time as I can make the characters I want.

Now I would be fine with a proposed limit on holding names. It's nothing to get a character leveled to 10 and on the fleet. If it were required that you level a character to the fleet within a month or you lose it, I'd be just fine with it. I'd take the couple hours to level my guys just to keep the names. The thing is, I think a lot of people would do the same to save names they wanted.

Edited by Jaing

The thing about RP servers is that it seems everyone likes to have a long name, I'm guessing because they are making heavy usage of fantasy name generators like fantasynames.net.

When I transferred from Adraas I only had to change two of my character names, and they were alts that I don't play anymore - both of them had long names (8+ letters). Also, on Imperial side, most names that start with "Z" or end with the Latin-esque "-us" suffix are taken, as they are popular naming schemes for Sith.

There's still a gold mine of short names though. Be creative and grab them before the F2Pers do :p

Edited by Jenzali

Haha, I have the same problem with lore-appropriate Chiss names.

I'm not going to remember Mith'roo'waa'larrr'deer'fffaa'lek. If I'm having a conversation with them, they'd better hope nobody else whispers me in the middle of it.

Haha, I have the same problem with lore-appropriate Chiss names.

I'm not going to remember Mith'roo'waa'larrr'deer'fffaa'lek. If I'm having a conversation with them, they'd better hope nobody else whispers me in the middle of it.

I've actually run into a huge problem with my Chiss names... the character limit on names is really short compared to what chiss names need sometimes.

When they announced the rewards for server transfers a while back, I suspect that a good number of people did what I did and created characters in all of their remaining slots available in order to get the black hole comms and/or pet. So I've got a bunch of level 1 characters and it's not because I can't be bothered with them, rather quite the opposite. I was taking good care of them well in advance. :) You can have my names if I get to keep the black hole comms. ;)

I wish they would just allow us to choose a last name at character creation, as in EVE Online...

Amen. though I still think first names would need to be unique for /tell and mail purposes. So last names would really be extraneous. Still, I'd like to have different last names within my legacy.