Where do I get Endgame Schematics?

HoggyPoggy

I have searched quite a lot and I can not find out where to get endgame artifice schematics.

I found 1 post that states you can pull the hits and enhancements out of columi, rakata, and campain then reverse engineer it to get a 20% chance to learn the schematic. Is that true? I pulled a couple out of my companions gear to see but it say "No research available." So I assume that is incorrect or has at least changed.

Do they drop of off bosses in FPs or Ops? I have never see any. I see other professions schematics drop but never one for artifice. Are the drops random? IF so the Devs need to look at the algorithm because it is very out of balance.

I know ppl are getting them somehow becuase I see hem for sell on GTN and they say "made by ****"" So i know the y can be crafted.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and thanks for any insight you can provide.

I have searched quite a lot and I can not find out where to get endgame artifice schematics.

I found 1 post that states you can pull the hits and enhancements out of columi, rakata, and campain then reverse engineer it to get a 20% chance to learn the schematic. Is that true? I pulled a couple out of my companions gear to see but it say "No research available." So I assume that is incorrect or has at least changed.

Do they drop of off bosses in FPs or Ops? I have never see any. I see other professions schematics drop but never one for artifice. Are the drops random? IF so the Devs need to look at the algorithm because it is very out of balance.

I know ppl are getting them somehow becuase I see hem for sell on GTN and they say "made by ****"" So i know the y can be crafted.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and thanks for any insight you can provide.

Endgame enhancement schematics drop in HM/NM Ops (version 24/25). As well, lvl 26 mods in BH/Campaign gear can be RE'd for a chance at a schem apart from armorings, which are a bit more complicated (BoE ones that drop can be RE'd; I think ones in gear from Kephess can also be RE'd but no others). I saw one drop in Karagga's Palace recently. Color crystal schematics drop in the Black Hole, from the Primal Destroyer on Belsavis, and from the Nightmare Pilgrim on Voss.

Edited by Telanis

• Rank 23-25 Enhancements and Hilts cannot be learned by extraction from gear, but their schematics drop in HM/NM Ops.
  • Rank 26 Enhancements can be extracted from BH gear and learned with a 20% chance (maybe Hilts as well, but I'm not sure on this because noone sells these on my server).
  • +41 Color Crystals schematics can be bought from the daily vendors (Blue/Green/Red), PvP vendors (Blue/Yellow), drop from Nightmare Pilgrim (Orange), drop from random mobs in the Black Hole daily area (Magenta) and can be obtained from PvP Crafting Boxes (Expertise Cyan/Purple).

Edited by Rhaphael

I'm still a bit confused here.

A couple of my guild mates and I are learning all the different crafting skills and we each have slicing.

I leveled to 400 and only got ONE schematic that whole time for our armormech guildy.

I heard you get schematics for augments etc from slicing but so far not really.

Basically, we want to make the MK-6 augmentation kits which we know how to make, you just learn it from your trainer and get the mats needed.

But more importantly we want to make the augments/mods.. specifically these... I'll just stick to willpower/sage stuff to give you the basic idea... eventually we want to be attaining/crafting these... how would we do that? So far slicing has only gotten us one shematic... the War Hero one it would make sense that I would have to pull out of a War Hero item I guess.. but the rest of them we really are clueless it seems.

I've tried to go to TORHEAD like I linked below to get info but it gives you NO info as to how to get or craft any of these and nobody helps in game when we ask questions (unsurprisingly). Tried going to google and searched sooo many sites and guides but no info that way as well... can anyone help or point to a link with info would be greatly appreciated!

Advanced Resolve Augment 25 :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.torhead.com/item/g6wQTQe/advanced-resolve-augment-25

Advanced Mettle Mod 28 :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.torhead.com/item/pp43vp/advanced-mettle-mod-28

War Hero's Adept Enhancement 28 :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.torhead.com/item/4Uicfzj/war-heros-adept-enhancement-28

If we really do have to do OPS just to get the schematics for items which we then need to pull out the mods and hope to learn them at 20% success rate, then we are totally screwed.. we are a small family guild and there are only 5 of us, and really 3 regularly active right now :(

I'm still a bit confused here.

A couple of my guild mates and I are learning all the different crafting skills and we each have slicing.

I leveled to 400 and only got ONE schematic that whole time for our armormech guildy.

I heard you get schematics for augments etc from slicing but so far not really.

Basically, we want to make the MK-6 augmentation kits which we know how to make, you just learn it from your trainer and get the mats needed.

But more importantly we want to make the augments/mods.. specifically these... I'll just stick to willpower/sage stuff to give you the basic idea... eventually we want to be attaining/crafting these... how would we do that? So far slicing has only gotten us one shematic... the War Hero one it would make sense that I would have to pull out of a War Hero item I guess.. but the rest of them we really are clueless it seems.

I've tried to go to TORHEAD like I linked below to get info but it gives you NO info as to how to get or craft any of these and nobody helps in game when we ask questions (unsurprisingly). Tried going to google and searched sooo many sites and guides but no info that way as well... can anyone help or point to a link with info would be greatly appreciated!

Advanced Resolve Augment 25 :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.torhead.com/item/g6wQTQe/advanced-resolve-augment-25

Advanced Mettle Mod 28 :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.torhead.com/item/pp43vp/advanced-mettle-mod-28

War Hero's Adept Enhancement 28 :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.torhead.com/item/4Uicfzj/war-heros-adept-enhancement-28

If we really do have to do OPS just to get the schematics for items which we then need to pull out the mods and hope to learn them at 20% success rate, then we are totally screwed.. we are a small family guild and there are only 5 of us, and really 3 regularly active right now :(

I don't think anything above version 26 are in the game at this time. As noted above you get versions 23-26 from Ops. You'll have to join another guild I guess. As for other schematics, I think either Underworld Trading or Investigation might drop some as well as Slicing, and of course, whatever mission skill it is that goes with your crafting skill (e.g., Treasure Hunting drops a couple Artifice lightsaber schems).

Edited by Telanis

I don't think anything above version 26 are in the game at this time. As noted above you get versions 23-25 from Ops. You'll have to join another guild I guess. As for other schematics, I think Underworld Trading might drops some as well as Slicing, and of course, whatever mission skill it is that goes with your crafting skill (e.g., Treasure Hunting drops a couple Artifice lightsaber schems).

Thanks for the info.. why does a site like TORHEAD put items that don't exist.. just serves to confuse people trying to learn even more.

Honestly though there is like no info on this stuff anywhere.. it's so frustrating..

At the end of the day though we just need to make the mk-6 kits and the AUGMENTATIONS that give you +Mainstat and +Endurance..

When i INSPECT other players they all just say "AUGMENT 50" but their stats are different depending on what class the person I'm inpecting is.

The stats are +12 Endurance, +18 Mainstat

I'm not sure if the game just calls it AUGMENT 50 but it's really like an Advenced "whatever" Augment 22

What i really think it is is something like this:

Advanced Resolve Augment 22

http://www.torhead.com/item/9Yax3pF/advanced-resolve-augment-22

which started as a green schematic resolve augment 22 and was REVERSE ENGINEERED into a purple.. Is that correct??

Because I haven't seen anyone which Augments any higher that that..

So does that mean that the Augments above level 22 don't exist?? That makes TORHEAD extremely annoying and misleading at this point.

As far as joinging another guild.. we have been playing MMORPG's since Everquest 1 & Earth and Beyond games... we are all in our 30's more or less.. we like our small guild..

When games force us to form a bigger guild or to be more accurate, Don't ALLOW us to participate in game content without being in a huge guild, that's when we unsub... we love this game since beta though and we don't want to give it up but we will never join a guild full of strangers just to be able to PLAY the game... at that point it's alienating a large portion of their gamer base and that's just unfair.

Anyway I didn't mean to go on a tangent there.. I tend to type too much...

I appreciate the help.. and honestly I'm just frustrated at the complete lack of information or misleading information like items that don't even exist in the database at TORHEAD and other sites for example..

Or what looks like "Advanced Resolve Augment 22" augments saying "Augment 50" Instead of what it actually is that people are equipping.

Everything seems to try to confuse people more than help them.

I'm more than willing and HAVE spend many many hours reading and researching to try to learn these things but the info is just not there to learn. Unless someone has a source I haven't stumbled upon yet.

Anyway I really appreciate the quick response and the help so far..

I'm going to assume that since I haven't seen anyone with Augments any higher than +12 Endurance, +18 Mainstat, that people are using [Advenced "whatever" Augment 22] and that the game is just calling it AUGMENT 50 when you inspect someone..

Therefore, any augment I see beyond augment 22 on TORHEAD and the like is just completely misleading and false information / doesn't actually exist...

I THINK I'm on the right track as far as augments go anyway :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for reading through it all and helping me in any way you can. Right now other players are the only actual source of information and I'm lucky anyone is helping at all.

Many Thanks.

Many of the database sites show a full 'parse' from the game. The items exist in the game files, but they cannot be legitimately acquired by players at this time. They also show some black/cyan and black/white color crystals too :D

As for the hilts and barrels, the Campaign weapons have the grade 26 pieces and you can pull these out (for 30xxx credits) and RE them for a 20% chance to learn the schematic, just like you can do with the grade 26 enhancements, mods and non-slot bound armorings.

The Campaign shield/focus/generator can be RE'd for a chance to learn. The Black Hole versions cannot. This includes the Black Hole pieces that you can buy with comms on the fleet and the Black Hole pieces that are random drops in EC and Nightmare Pilgrim.

To answer your questions about augments:

which started as a green schematic resolve augment 22 and was REVERSE ENGINEERED into a purple.. Is that correct??

That is correct. Advanced "something" Augment 22 is the highest that you can get in game right now. It is 18 of a main stat and 12 of a secondary - not always endurance, as the there is an 18 endurance/ 12 power version.

I appreciate the help.. and honestly I'm just frustrated at the complete lack of information or misleading information like items that don't even exist in the database at TORHEAD and other sites for example..

See my answer up top. I can't imagine it is easy to filter this automatically, so someone would need to go through and flag hundreds of items.

When games force us to form a bigger guild or to be more accurate, Don't ALLOW us to participate in game content without being in a huge guild, that's when we unsub... we love this game since beta though and we don't want to give it up but we will never join a guild full of strangers just to be able to PLAY the game... at that point it's alienating a large portion of their gamer base and that's just unfair.

1.3 has made it even easier for non-raiding players and guilds to have a shake at learning some of the end game schematics. You can get black hole comms from a daily LFG run, a weekly quest in the Black Hole questing area on Corellia and a weekly for the Kaon and Lost Island hard modes. Sure, you won't acquire the gear to RE as quickly as a raider will, but you may luck out on your first RE and a raider may grind four or five items before learning it. That 20% chance can be a real pain :)

So, at the end of the day, if you just want to learn some schematics you don't have to raid. If you want to raid, you will have to find a few more people to play with.

Edited by Talorra

To answer your question where the augment schematics come from, they come from Slicing. The Tech Parts missions to be exact. Critting them often gives me 2 random (green) augment schematics. I very rarely get 1 on a non-crit as well, but it's mostly the crits that yield schematics.

You RE those green schematics into blue and the blue into purple.

You can also buy them from the GTN, they're really really cheap.

Torhead is known for listing inaccurate items. A much better site is ask mr robot.com, for a lot of schematics/items it even lists where to buy them if they are bought with currency (but it also lists rank 27 (lvl 63) stuff that isn't available yet).

Edited by Rhaphael

Many Thanks to Talorra and Rhaphael for taking some time to answer questions and help out us newbies to crafting these items. It's much appreciated.

We are probably ok with not doing the raiding and stuff.. flashpoints we think are AWESOME because it's just a regular party size.. no problem anyone can get a party together.. the ops are annoying to the smaller guilds like they always have been for raiding in mmorpg's

But we PvP mostly so maybe it's not as important.. I'm probably wrong and the mods etc that you can pull from Black Hole gear you mentioned is way better than on War Hero .. I'll have to look more closely.

But for now we seem to have the basic LVL 22 Augments down and are working towards that.

Maybe the groupfinder will help us out in getting into OPS if we need to. 8)

Thank you so much again for taking some time to respond!